PDA

View Full Version : Bruce the Bluetick Coonhound*Rescue*UPDATE!!!!!

lute
02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Introducing Bruce the Bluetick Coonhound! We're his foster home for the next 30 days which then he'll fly to coonhound rescue in California. He needs a soft crate to recover from his Heartworn treatment. Bruce came from the Morgan Country Humane Society in Martinsville,IN. We dont know much about him other than he is good with kids and other dogs. Needs a home with no cats though. These two pics are off of Bruce's petfinder page. (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7712598)

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/IN32/IN32.7712598-1-pn.jpg
http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/IN32/IN32.7712598-2-pn.jpg

PS. Junior the Saint Bernard was adopted before I got him. Good luck to Junior in his new home! :D

UPDATE! Bruce has been adopted! He's going to his new home in Nashville,TN in a couple weeks. His new name will be Smokey. He's done so well here! Gained weight very nicely. He and Charlie are the best of buds and Charlie will definatly miss him. My camera hasn't been working, so I havn't posted any pics of him. I'm getting it back tonight though!

critter crazy
02-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Awwww......Bruce is adorable!!!

captain
02-12-2007, 05:28 PM
What a great thing to be doing. At least he will have a loving home with you before he goes to his new home.

Kalei
02-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Its very nice of you to take Bruce in for awhile, he'll get to experience the care and love that he deserves. He is a beautiful dog!:D Good luck Bruce on finding your forever home:)

Freedom
02-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Not sure what you mean, "he needs a soft crate to recover from his heartworm treatment." He can't FLY in a soft crate, that isn't allowed under FAA regulations. So are you saying that is why you have him for a month, because he can't fly until then? Or were you asking if anyone has one for him?

He is very handsome! He deserves all the loving of a forever home!

*LabLoverKEB*
02-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Awww! Bruce looks like a VERY sweet, affectionate boy! Have tons of fun with him! :)

lute
02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Not sure what you mean, "he needs a soft crate to recover from his heartworm treatment." He can't FLY in a soft crate, that isn't allowed under FAA regulations. So are you saying that is why you have him for a month, because he can't fly until then? Or were you asking if anyone has one for him?

He is very handsome! He deserves all the loving of a forever home!

Bruce just got done with his final HW treatment and before he can fly he needs to recover. I don't need a soft sided crate.

borzoimom
02-13-2007, 07:26 AM
MAN- How did I miss this?? He looks like a sweet heart, and I hope he recovers from the heart worm.
I know you know this- but have your dogs tested and placed on heartworm medication if not already done so. Also if your neighbors have dogs and the weather is warm for misquitos, advise them. ( they should have their dogs on it anyway... )

Reachoutrescue
02-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Lexie, thank you so much with helping out Bruce. I know he is in good hands and will recover wel in you care. I may have to take a drive to visit him!! LOL! Thanks again Lexie....good call on sending me his link, if you didn't, who knows where he would be!

lute
02-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Lexie, thank you so much with helping out Bruce. I know he is in good hands and will recover wel in you care. I may have to take a drive to visit him!! LOL! Thanks again Lexie....good call on sending me his link, if you didn't, who knows where he would be!
You're more than welcome to come visit Bruce any time! I'm just glad we could help the big guy out. We'll help lots more! :D

lute
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
bump

BCollie_Kelly
03-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Thats GREAT news, Have fun in your new home Smokey! :D