PDA

View Full Version : PT prayers for my Boo, please.

Medusa
02-12-2007, 10:04 AM
He's going in to see Dr. Lee today. He's acting totally normal, eating, drinking, using the litterbox, racing through the house. But he's so thin! Even my friends are noticing. He's 15 now and I'm hoping it's just that he's getting older. But his sister Peeka (RIP) got thin and by the time I took her in to the vet, it was already too late, acute renal failure. It's probably nothing w/Boo but I don't want to take a chance. I love him too much. I'll keep ya posted.

Blessings,
Mary

Freedom
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Keeping you both in prayers here. Please post the verdict!

Laura's Babies
02-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Prayers sent. I hope the visit turns up nothing except that he is having so much fun that he needs to eat more.

Queen of Poop
02-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Prayers for Boo. Hoping he's just a slim and trim fella.

jennielynn1970
02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Boo... hopefully it's just that he's so busy running around his metabolism is getting quicker!

Medusa
02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Boo is sitting right here beside me, perched on the arm of my desk chair. Poor boy cried the entire ride to the vet's and he put up a bit of a fuss when the tech drew blood but Dr. Lee said that he's very personable and a good cat. He felt around for lumps, couldn't find any, said his thyroid felt fine but the blood work will tell. He thinks it could possibly be his teeth cuz his gums are a little red, so he needs a cleaning and maybe an extraction. Until the blood test results are in tomorrow, though, I'll just have to wait and see. At least he isn't sick and lethargic. He races through the house like a speed demon, so I feel good about that. As soon as I know what's up, I'll post. Keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming and thanx for all you've done so far.

Blessings,
Mary

catmandu
02-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Its Not Unusual For An Older Cat To Slowly Get Smaller, Especially Male Cats.
Micheal Is Smaller Than Miquelito And He Was Once A Fair Sized Cat.
We Are Praying For Your Boo That Theres Nothing Wrong With Him.

jazzcat
02-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Hope everything comes back okay with the blood work.

Medusa
02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Y'know, I felt that, too, that it's probably just that Boo is getting older, seeing that he had no other symptoms, so to speak. But after losing his sister Peeka, I just didn't want to take any chances. But I'll let you all know what I find out.

Blessings,
Mary

phesina
02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Good for you having him checked out just in case, Mary. If he's rushing around and having fun, it's probably not kidney failure. We are praying that you get good news from the vet and sending loving thoughts.

Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

kimlovescats
02-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Sore gums will definitely result in weight loss. I have 3 that are suffering with Stomatitis. :rolleyes: I'm glad that Boo is so active, that is a very good sign! I hope all the test results are good as well!

Kim

catlover4ever
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Hoping & praying that all come back fine with Boo.

kb2yjx
02-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Prayers for your dear Boo, and hugs for the worried Mom!!! Sandra

Medusa
02-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Dr. Lee said that given Boo's age, he's pretty healthy; the blood work came back normal. He feels his weight loss is due to aging and needing some dental work done. The weather is treacherous here right now so I'll take him in as soon as it clears, since it isn't an emergency. Whew! Fuss budget mom gets a reprieve. But he's my handsome Boo Bear Buddy so I'm relieved that I had the tests done. I sang to him "Bad Boo, Bad Boo, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?" (the theme song from Cops) cuz he gave me some anxious moments but Boo didn't see the humor. :p Thanx for all your prayers and encouraging words, friends. Again. :)

Blessings,
Mary

jazzcat
02-13-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm glad the blood test came back okay.

They do lose weight with age because my Ripley who used to weigh 18 pounds at his healthy adult size is now down to 12 1/2 pounds. He has kidney failure but I feel he still would have lost weight without that. He will be 15 year old in a couple of weeks.

Randi
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm glad that Boo's test results were good. :) Yes, it's probably due to age he gets thinner - a teeth cleaning may help so he'll eat more. :)

Queen of Poop
02-13-2007, 11:34 AM
So glad Boo's blood work came back good. After the dental he may surprise by eating more food so he can zoom around even faster!!!

Freedom
02-13-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree with Queen of Poop - AFTER a few days as he recovers from teh anesthesia, and his gums don't feel so sore from the cleaning (ya know that feeling from the dentist too!), he could just start eating everything in sight!!

kimlovescats
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
That's great news! Give Bad Boo some kisses for me, please! ;)

phesina
02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Great news about Bad Boo!

Pat