PDA

View Full Version : I think my camera is broken..need help..

wolfsoul
02-11-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm very very upset. I bought my camera lass than two weeks ago, and I think it's already broken. :(

It was working fine two days ago when I last used it. Now when I press the button halfway down to make it focus, it doesn't do anything. It's supposed to focus but it just won't. Is there something I can do to fix it? I changed every option in the menu I could think of but nothing seems to work. I've tried pressing it halfway for several minutes and it still doesn't work. The pictures keep coming out very blurry. It didn't start doing this until I changed the lens -- but changed it back and it still won't work.

When I press it down halfway, it's supposed to flash red and have a little box to show me what area it's focusing on, and the pictures will always come out very sharp in that area. The light comes on maybe 1 out of 30 times that I press it, but it goes away right away.

It's an Olympus Evolt E500. Can anyone help me??

wolf_Q
02-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I would contact Olympus, they may be able to tell you whats wrong/how to fix it, or if its something that needs to be sent in to be repaired. Since you purchased it so recently I'm sure its under warranty. I've had to send in a couple of cameras for repairs.

Cinder & Smoke
02-12-2007, 01:41 AM
The pictures keep coming out very blurry.
It didn't start doing this until I changed the lens -
- but changed it back and it still won't work.

Are you sure you followed the correct procedure to remove and reinstal the lense?

Review the Manual and repeat your steps.

Next - take it back to the store you purchased it from ---
ask them to check it over ... might be an easy fix.

They should be willing to *exchange it* for a NEW camera -
most stores will exchange a defective or early failure within the first 30 days -
so you don't have to *wait* on a factory repair.

/s/ Phred

wolfsoul
02-12-2007, 01:52 AM
The camera started working again for no reason (tried those same settings numerous times), so I imagine something is wrong. I'm going to take it in and exchange it for a new one. :( Kind of dissappointing.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-12-2007, 05:12 AM
I'm going to take it in and exchange it for a new one. :( .

Good decision! This shouldn't be happening with a brand new camera :rolleyes: !

dab_20
02-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Hmm that's weird. Good idea to exchange it. I have the same camera... I got it for christmas and haven't had any problems yet.

Riptide
02-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Did you make sure the switch on the lens is set to automatic and not manual?
(AF=auto, MF=manual)

Husky_mom
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Did you make sure the switch on the lens is set to automatic and not manual?
(AF=auto, MF=manual)

my very same thought.........it could happen........

hopefully you got it working, if not, you are in your right to want an exchange......