PDA

View Full Version : My knee- the snow predictor-update post 20..

borzoimom
02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
We have a major snow storm coming tuesday, and my husband looks up as we watch the news- with the only important question " How does your knee feel?".. I said " Good".. He grabs his wallet and heads for the store.. lol.
When I was in my 20's I uh well fell off a deck 12 feet to the ground that was under construction. Not only did I mangle it, but actually I went into shock at the time as well. They said I would not be able to walk after two corrective surgeries, without a limp.. Uh huh- God had other plans. However since then- when snow is coming it goes from " feeling tight" to loosens up.
I have heard many theories- from the barameter etc- however- it never remains consistant with other factors with similar barameters etc. Its only in snow.
Now over the years, its reached the point when they are calling for snow, the whole family calls me - one by one- lol.. And - ITS NEVER WRONG.. The better the feeling, the deeper the snow- ..
Well- here we go again- the phone is starting to ring...
Does anyone else have a part of their body that tells them when its going to a weather that has made a pattern....????

davidpizzica
02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
My left knee! It's artificial and I can feel it aching inside I KNOW it will be a cold day.

kittycats_delight
02-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Both my knees. I have fluid on them as if they start aching I know we are getting either wet or cold whether. Depends on the time of year which it will be.

borzoimom
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Wow- that is neat! Mine is only snow.

BC_MoM
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
My knee aches when we're going to have any kind of storm, so does my mothers. It's usually my right knee.

borzoimom
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM
My knee aches when we're going to have any kind of storm, so does my mothers. It's usually my right knee.
Its my right knee too..

GreyhoundGirl
02-11-2007, 03:47 PM
*glances outside* I'm predicting theres a 100% chance it's already snowing! :p I'm good at this... I guess my eyes must predict the weather. ;)

More serious... this is a really interesting thread. :eek:

borzoimom
02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
We are looking at major snow here now- and although I live outside the Northern Va. area- considering its highly dense in populations and one of the fastest growoing counties in the US, it can be a mess here.. The dogs want some real snow- but I am hoping its just like 10 inches or so- we shall see..

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 06:35 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN- my knee has felt good all day- yup- sure enough- here comes another snow and ice storm tomorrow.. ( rats- kicking dirt clods-- man-- jeez..)

chocolatepuppy
02-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Well can you ask your knee not to dump 12" on us this time, maybe just 6"? :p

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 06:51 PM
ROFL.. I hope not- but I hate to tell you- it feels pretty good.. ( rats.. kicking uh dirt clods..= "kdc"! )

chocolatepuppy
02-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Now my back is starting to hurt just thinking about shoveling again! :rolleyes:

kuhio98
02-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I always know we're in for a bad storm when my sinuses act up. For no reason, I'll get a sinus headache. Sure enough within a day or so, we get a blizzard. Once my nose starts dripping, I know the storm is almost over. :D

davidpizzica
02-24-2007, 06:07 AM
I think my three fractured ribs have the potential of turning into weather predictors! I guess due to the way they heal.

joycenalex
02-24-2007, 07:05 AM
you two are freaking me out, david and michelle, i'm gonna go check weather.com
BRB

joycenalex
02-24-2007, 07:09 AM
freezing rain and thunderstorms tonight....so i'm gonna go pick up the 'poopsicles' now

pitc9
02-24-2007, 08:18 AM
i'm gonna go pick up the 'poopsicles' now

LOL!! Isn't it the easiest to pick up poo in the winter! :D

I should go outside and clean up the yard because it looks like someone sprinkled my yard with BIG chocolate chips. :o But it's too cold!

I'll be getting hit tonight through tomorrow morning with snow, freezing rain then rain. Ugh... NOT looking forward to the ice!! I'll take a foot (or 2) of snow anyday instead of ice!

Twisterdog
02-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Yep. I've got a "weather knee" too.

I broke it the first time skiing, tearing off all the ligaments, tendons, pulverizing the knee cap, etc. Then ten years later broke it again in the same place, when a rottweiller I was walking decided to make a sharp right turn while walking on my left on a leash. The doctor said my knee was "pulp" and that "everything that is supposed to be solid is semi-liquid." NOT what you want hear! :eek:

My knee is a MUCH better predictor of upcoming cold fronts, storms and changes in barametric pressure than any weather forecaster on TV! Maybe I should get a new career ....

borzoimom
02-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Yep. I've got a "weather knee" too.

I broke it the first time skiing, tearing off all the ligaments, tendons, pulverizing the knee cap, etc. Then ten years later broke it again in the same place, when a rottweiller I was walking decided to make a sharp right turn while walking on my left on a leash. The doctor said my knee was "pulp" and that "everything that is supposed to be solid is semi-liquid." NOT what you want hear! :eek:

My knee is a MUCH better predictor of upcoming cold fronts, storms and changes in barametric pressure than any weather forecaster on TV! Maybe I should get a new career ....
Isnt that odd??? My whole family starts calling when they are calling for bad weather.. They do not listen to the news- they call us! lol. ( I have made the joke for years too bad I can not do it for a living.. lol..)

borzoimom
02-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Well here it comes- snow and ice- and we have a nice fire in the woodstove- anyone want to come have a party??? lol..