PDA

View Full Version : When it's too cold for fetch :)

Pam
02-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Bella's favorite thing in the world it to fetch and play catch. I have honestly had sessions outside with her where I just can't believe her drive to go on. My arm gets tired long before her body does.

Occasionally we will have little mini catch sessions in the house and lately they have become more frequent because her human (me :) ) is just too wimpy to spend lots of time outside in the cold. Last night my son indulged her for a while. Her whole body lights up when she sees a ball in someone's hand. :) She rarely if ever misses a fly ball, even outside when I am throwing it across half the length of the yard. Ripley has not yet accomplished this skill. :) Mostly the ball will just bounce off of his nose. :) I took this last night of Bella with my son. As you can see, Ripley would like to be involved but just can't seem to take the plunge. :p Hope you enjoy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/th_DSCN0011.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Belrip/?action=view&current=DSCN0011.flv)

borzoimom
02-10-2007, 07:58 AM
ROFLMBO!! GET IT!! LOL.... Great video Pam!

AdoreMyDogs
02-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I love that Bella girl! She looks HUGE! Boone's also crazy about the ball and frisbies, and every single time we walk by the back door, he is sure that means we are going outside to play frisbie with him. It's almost obsessive with Boone hehe.

Bella and of course Ripley are both just adorable :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Who could not love that fluffy girl? She is such an athlete, Pam. We can tell she takes her fetching very seriously. Ripley tries to get into the act but the poor little fella can't get a fetch in edgewise ;) They're both adorable!! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Did I mention how adorable that cute tail of Bella's is? :D

Taz_Zoee
02-10-2007, 11:48 AM
LOL! That was great! She is so focused on that ball that he couldn't even fake her out. She knew when he threw it and when he was faking.
So funny!!!

lizbud
02-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Bella is quite the athlete. :) With her powers of concentration, she
would make a great agility dog. Ripley acts more like my Smokey.I have
been forced by weather to do our fetch games in the house while the
kitties are snoozing. Yesterday was different though, we were at 21
degrees & no wind at all, so we got in about 30 mins. of outdoor fetch
with snowballs before I wimped out from the cold. :)

Kalei
02-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow Bella is quite the catcher! And she is so big :eek: I thought she was just tiny poodle at first but I was wrong..what breed is she?

Encore to Bella for being such a good catcher!:D

Rachel
02-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh, Bella, if you and I could spend but a day together, I would have such fun playing catch with you. Neither Hannah nor Tucker will indulge me for any length of time.

Little Ripley is so sweet wanting to be in the thick of it but not really knowing what to do. They are both so quiet playing this game. It's almost like what is missing from this picture? My two goofies would surely be barking instructions to me.

My long ago Airedale, Candy, was a catching maniac too. I could position her by saying *back* and she would do it from a sit or stand. Unfortunately I didn't appreciate all her talent back then.

Pam
02-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Thank you everyone for your nice comments and Bella thanks you too. :)

I thought she was just tiny poodle at first but I was wrong..what breed is she?

Bella is a standard poodle. She weighs about 50 lbs. Some standard poodles can get up to about 70 lbs. (usually males). Ripley is a mini poodle and he weighs in at 14-15 lbs. :)

kimlovescats
02-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Pam! I'm so glad you are posting vids of your two precious pups! Bella is such a cutie pie playing fetch. She sure does catch it good!!! Poor little Rip is trying his best to get in the game, isn't he? :D