PDA

View Full Version : Apologies

sandragonfly
02-10-2007, 01:38 AM
is there many different ways of apologizing? how do you apologize?

just a random question from 2AM. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Hm.... it depends what the apology is for.... :confused:

pitc9
02-10-2007, 08:03 AM
When I have to apologize to someone, I say I'm sorry then I try to make them laugh and forget about what I've done.

catnapper
02-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Start with honesty.

sandragonfly
02-10-2007, 10:27 AM
oh, general apologies.. mostly when one hurt others unintentionally, etc.

some people think they should apologize "physically", giving hugs, browines, flowers, use "I" statements only or pointing the other out while saying sorry.

just wondering, a few people have been telling me I overapologize. :confused: I guess I just want to!

Kalei
02-10-2007, 10:43 AM
lol, overapologizing is not bad, it should just really show people you truely want them to know you are sorry. After they know how sorry you are, then you could probably stop with the apologizing and just start to make up for it by making them happy or making them laugh. Just by being a great friend is the best apology ever!:D

Catty1
02-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Sometimes making an amend can take place of "sorry".

For example, I interrupt a lot (though I am better than I used to be). In addition to apologizing, I can start working on NOT interrupting, and changing my behaviour. That is "making a mend".

On the other hand - just tell everyone you're sorry for apologizing so much, and laugh! They will too! :D

DrKym
02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I usually apologize by stating that I was unaware that I hurt/stepped on toes etc. Then state that the truth, that I never intended it that way and that I am very sorry to have caused them pain/or sorrow, that I will bear in mind the next time we are talking about that subject or issue.

Most people are unaware they hurt others, so I always take it very seriously if someone tells me that a comment or statement bothered them.

Suki Wingy
02-11-2007, 01:38 AM
I'm bad at it. I actually need to make it up to my little sister, I'm pretty sure I hurt her feelings without meaning to today. She picked out some earings and a neclace for me that were very much her style and not mine and I slipped a comment about it without meaning to. After all, she is only 9.

sandragonfly
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
well, I guess it's not bad giving chances more than I should. overapology, is when I keep thinking this person is still hurt and I like to be sure this person know I'm sorry. like, I check in with her/him, trying to keep everything in communication.

my mother always tells me, sorry is just a five-lettered word.. I believe that too, partly, because actions speak louder than words. but I can say sorry at first then show how sorry I am. the person just thought I overapologized because my friend "shouldn't take it seriously". I'm like dr. goodnow, I take any hurt/statements seriously. I get hurt, then recover easily once am understood but not when others are!

I saw the quote other day, never apologize with making an excuse. always true. I so hate when someone do that, it makes things worse, do you think so?

lizbud
02-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Hm.... it depends what the apology is for.... :confused:

Yes, I feel the same way.