PDA

View Full Version : Not nice....

NoahsMommy
06-26-2002, 12:51 PM
Howdy! :)

I wanted to tell you all what happened yesterday at lunch....

I was eating with a co-worker in our little meeting room. There is a big meeting this week, so we've had many people in our department trying to find a place to log in to their laptops. So, there was a man in there working while we chatted during lunch. He was talking with us, even when we started talking about cats...

After lunch, I was sitting at my computer and got a call saying that my picture was on one of our new screen savers (I work for and insurance company and was in the photo shoot for our new marketing promotion.). So I had to go check it out...I was all excited and showed everyone in the department....one of the pictures I am in is with my husband...when I pointed him and I out the man we were chatting with during lunch said "Oh you're married? I didn't think you were, because of the way you talked about your cats." WHAT??? What it THAT suposed to mean!!! Not very nice huh?? With comments like that, its a wonder women get married at all! Who needs 'em??? (hee hee)

Anyway, just wanted to share. I thought you would all appriciate that story! ;)

Former User
06-26-2002, 12:55 PM
Kelly, he heard the love in your voice when you were talking about cats, and he though immediately that you only have time for your cats, you surely can't be married....:rolleyes: . He should come and have a peek at Pet Talk, he'd probably faint! :D

NoahsMommy
06-26-2002, 12:57 PM
Niina,

I agree!!! I can imagine what he'd think!! Then again...a lot of my friends tend to think I'm a little over the top regarding my (oops, I mean OUR) cats....oh well!! :D

zippy-kat
06-26-2002, 01:26 PM
Kelly!

What an idiot! lol

NoahsMommy
06-26-2002, 03:00 PM
toughcookie! Totally!!! :) (hee hee)

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2002, 12:59 AM
I agree. Some people just think as animals as merely pets. Animal lovers consider them as family members, friends, and even children. I know that I do. Some people at my work think that I'm too cat crazy but the people that also have animals or are animal lovers don't think that way.:)

06-27-2002, 02:13 AM
;) I agree !!! Most people just think I am crazy because I am always talking about Sydney did this , Sydney did that , Sydney is ill , etc..
Even two of our best friends laugh at me when I bring the subject on my cat !!! One of those has a lovely longhaired tabby who is NOT allowed at all in the house !!! Everytime someone calls at the front door , she races up there , begs the visitor to be petted and tries to sneak into the house !! But no , everytime she is KICKED out immediately !!!!!:mad: :mad: Last time I begged :"Let me take her inside on my lap" !! Oh me oh my ! No way ! Her words : "it is just a cat , she has to stay outside , yack !!!:mad: :mad:
The worst is that her hair has to be combed often ,and only their son is willing to do it ; when it is getting to bad , they just take her to a groomer and have it all shaved off :mad: :mad: !
These people better have no cat at all !!

Nomilynn
06-27-2002, 11:15 PM
I couldn't survive without my babies!!! :eek: Whenever I come home from school or errands, Tilly is right there to say hello. When I'm getting nestled in to bed, Bassett jumps up for her cuddle. First thing in the morning, they both tear down the stairs and stare at the floor where their treats go, meowing for me to hurry up! The are completely involved in my life. They are my roomates, without all the hassle!! I love them SOOOOO much! :D

tuxluvr
06-28-2002, 07:29 AM
Don't let such musings bother you - it just shows a shallow mind...my husband loves Ritz as much as I do, in fact it was his idea to get a cat in the first place.

moosmom
06-28-2002, 03:31 PM
Nomilyn,

I agree with you. I couldn't survive without my babies either. And that guy was a jerk for saying something so ridiculous. I have one qustion though, is HE married. If not, it would be pretty obvious why. No woman in their right mind would fall for such an idiot. He's probably one of those "guido" type lounge lizards who lives with mother and hangs around bars with some real doozy pick-up lines. Picture it... the open shirt and the "Mr. T" chains hanging down on his hairy chest. UGH!!! :mad: :mad:

NoahsMommy
06-28-2002, 05:08 PM
Ritzy's mommy,

Yep, it was my husbands idea too...and just look at me now! :)

What he said didn't bother me..I just thought his was an interesting intrepretation...

moosmom
06-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Oops!! :eek: Then she's an old bat that needs to get you-know-what :D !! Is her hair purple?? Ya know those dyes can sometimes eat at your dura matter (brain) which she is obviously missing.

yorkster
06-29-2002, 01:12 AM
Most of the people I worked with thought I was too nuts about my cats. THEN when I found Pet Talk, they had alot of fun teasing me! :D
As far as being married, I am, and my husband is just as bad (if not worse) about the cats. :cool: