PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen-The Beatles!!

Dorothy39
02-09-2007, 06:45 PM
The Fab Four made their Debut on The Ed Sullivan Show , February 9th, 1964!!!! :eek:

Were you watching them on that Sunday Night? ;)

Yeah, I remember the moment . :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2eWPxAmQ8

DrKym
02-09-2007, 06:48 PM
The Fab Four made their Debut on The Ed Sullivan Show , February 9th, 1964!!!! :eek:

My brother may have been up waiting on a bottle! I was but yet a twinkle in the eye :p

Dorothy39
02-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh, you poor little girl, you missed a magic moment~ :p

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I was there! :D Didn't really know what all the fuss was about, but I remember! ;)

Dorothy39
02-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I must confess I wasn't screaming, my Mom and Dad were wondering what the world was coming to, and , my older siblings were not at all phased, but I was in thrilled to see them , for the very first time !!!! And, I still Love The Beatles to this Day, especially George Harrison!!!

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Ok, now I watched the video! Too cool! :cool: Back then I didn't know why all the girls were going crazy. :rolleyes: Now I know. ;) George Harrison was always my favorite too. Paul McCartney ain't bad either. :D

Dorothy39
02-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Yes, I was taken in with Paul,( we all liked him) , BUT, George always stood out to me~ :cool:

He Still does to this Day!

slick
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I was 12 years old and across the street at my friend's house. We were screaming in front of the TV.....really screaming. I was hoarse the next day. :o :o

My fav was and still is George. RIP George. I still have the original Hard Days Night vinyl.

I want to get me one of these....
http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/SearchResults.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Home+Audio&keywords=usb+turntable&pagenum=0

It's a usb turntable that you can plug into your computer. Software comes with it so you can record the old vinyls onto CD. :cool:

Freedom
02-09-2007, 08:16 PM
That turntable is expensive. You can buy software at Best Buy for $36.00, plug your own turntable in to your computer and you are all set.

I was 6, don't recall the big event. My cousins filled me in as I grew older. I know my folks always had that show on, so I MUST have seen it at the time, just don't recall it.

AbbyMom
02-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh thank you thank you thank you. That was fun--hubby and I just watched it together.

I missed the first show :( :( :( But caught the others :D :D :D

Didn't learn to scream myself hoarse until I was sitting in the second row watching Hard Day's Night. :D :D

Biscuit's Mom
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM

YES! I was in the 4th grade-9 years old. My sister (in 6th grade) and I were glued to the TV.

I LOVE the Beatles - especially Paul - and John (RIP)- and George (RIP) - and Ringo, too :)

We were lucky because our parents liked the Beatles too so we were allowed to watch them and play their records. Truly a special time.

Robin (aka Biscuit's Mom)

dukedogsmom
02-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Sorry but wasn't born yet. Was just a twinkle in my dad's eye. I didn't come along until July of the same year.

cyber-sibes
02-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks for a great post, Dorothy 39! I just watched it and now I'm grinning ear to ear! :D Paul's always been my favorite. They all look sooo young in that film clip, don't they? I was 11, and I loved the Beatles! Still do. I still have a bunch of Beatles stuff, too. Unfortunately, I no longer have my records, but I have a pillow, the first edition of "A Hard Day's Night" book about the movie. It cost 50 cents back then! And I have a necklace with a mininature photo album of Beatles photos - it's about an inch tall. I remember buyng it at the corner drugstore, I probably spent all my money on it. :rolleyes:

K9karen
02-09-2007, 11:57 PM
WOW! Do I ever remember! I was 12 1/2 and a BeatleMANIAC! I mean, they preoccupied every single minute of my day.

I vividly remember that i was FORCED to go with my parents to a prearranged dinner at their friend's house, so I couldn't scream my head off, so I was so upset being in a strange house and on my best behavior, that I burst into tears. Never missed another concert.

Conned a girlfriend into cutting class to wait in line to get concert tickets (if I did it it'd be too obvious). I still have the ticket stubs from all Phila concerts.

If anyone has any memorabila, DO NOT throw it away, specially if it says "made in the UK", as it's worth a fortune. My friend's collection was appraised at almost 1/4 a million dollars. I still have tons of stuff I can't part with, even at my age. Met John Lennon for an instant, in 1972 and saw him on the streets of NY. I loved them all for different reasons.

This is so weird..growing up, all my gfs and I "celebrated" their birthdays with phone calls, cupcakes etc. Who would have thought that after all those PM birthday celebrations, my mom would have passed on his birthday June 18, 2005. I still think that's so creepy.

Killearn Kitties
02-10-2007, 04:31 AM
Oooo, I thoroughly enjoyed that, thanks very much! :D Didn't see the show here obviously, but it's never too late. Thanks for posting.

Dorothy39
02-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Met John Lennon for an instant, in 1972 and saw him on the streets of NY. I loved them all for different reasons.

Gee Karen, YOU were one of those Lucky People!!!!!!! :eek:

Conned a girlfriend into cutting class to wait in line to get concert tickets (if I did it it'd be too obvious). I still have the ticket stubs from all Phila concerts.

You're one of those fans I used to read about!!!! Gosh, You really were there!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizbud
02-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes, I remember that. The Ed Sullivan Show was a staple on Sunday
nights at our house. :) I was not one of the "screamers" but loved their
music. :D Thought Paul was a doll. :D

P.s. Thanks for the memories Dorothy. :)