lizbud
02-09-2007, 06:22 PM
There is no excuse for this animal cruelty. Please speak up for the ones
who have no voice.

http://www.idausa.org/news/currentnews/nr_070119b.html

DrKym
02-09-2007, 06:33 PM
This was horrifying. On so many levels.

At one point the one soldier said can we kill it? I hope for the animals sake they did. I also hope as the survivng spouse of a Marine that these men are treated with EXACTLY the same care they gave that animal.

Alysser
02-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I should NOT have watched that. I'm so glad to hear that those soliders are going to be punished. That's the funniest thing they've ever seen in their lives? Well, I hope someone video tapes their punishments, so all the public can laugh at them, WHAT jerks! :mad:

That behavior is inexcusable.

My brother went to Iraq and he said he saw many deformed animals, such as this poor stray. He said once his friend told him to actually throw a ROCK at a wild camel, and my brother just walked away.

My dad also told me a story, he was in the Marines and they were in training. One day a fly was bothering a guy during training and the guy slapped it and killed it. The sargent yelled at him and told ordered him to bury the fly in a 6 foot hole and find it again. :eek: I guess he learned his lesson not to abuse animals like that.

wombat2u2004
02-09-2007, 08:40 PM
"One day a fly was bothering a guy during training and the guy slapped it and killed it. The sargent yelled at him and told ordered him to bury the fly in a 6 foot hole and find it again. "

"No wiggling in the wanks."
Monty Python

dukedogsmom
02-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Glad I read the comments first. I already know I can't watch it. But I'm ashamed they're behaving that way. I hope they pay for it, too. Poor animals.

lizbud
02-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I should NOT have watched that. I'm so glad to hear that those soliders are going to be punished. That's the funniest thing they've ever seen in their lives? Well, I hope someone video tapes their punishments, so all the public can laugh at them, WHAT jerks! :mad:

It's not a sure thing that they will be punished for their actions, although
they should be. That's why this group ,IDA ,is asking for letters to Gates
asking for censure of some kind for this shameful act.

I am more familiar with IDA's work at calling attention to the conditions at
puppy mills in the USA & striving to get the dogs better living conditions
and hopefully one day, to shut them all down.

The video is a separate link within this letter & warnings are added to
those who chose to "see for themselves". Sending a letter seems little
enough to do. Please think about it.

Lady's Human
02-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I looked at the vid.

Unfortunately, there will be no way to ID the soldiers involved, as it is an old video. The uniforms and Flak vests worn in the vid have been out of the system for a couple of years. It was probably shot either in the initial invasion or shortly thereafter.

Pam
02-11-2007, 05:15 AM
I had my finger on my mouse ready to exit if I couldn't take much more. That was just horrible but I did watch it all. Those men were sick sick sick. I will never understand people who thinking hurting animals is funny. I actually feel a little nauseous.

king2005
02-12-2007, 11:55 AM
That was horrible, sick freaks!

I could totally understand if they felt sorry for it & shot it dead. But why the heck would they torment the poor thing like that. Makes me sick.

finn's mom
02-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I won't watch the video. I know the cruelty is there, it's unnecessary to see it. Unfortunately, wearing a uniform doesn't make a person a good one. I was on a plane to El Paso recently with about thirty men straight out of boot camp, and they were just as disgusting and crude as any other young men would be when surrounded by their "brothers." It's disgraceful whether they're in uniform or not, but it does reach a new level of shame as soon as they put on the uniform.

lizbud
02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I had my finger on my mouse ready to exit if I couldn't take much more. That was just horrible but I did watch it all. Those men were sick sick sick. I will never understand people who thinking hurting animals is funny. I actually feel a little nauseous.

This struck me as being a new level of cruelty. The poor dog probably
struggled daily just to live & move from place to place to escape the violence
of war. These men, who could have given him/her, just one moment of
kindness ,in a lifetime, instead chose to make his life more unbearable and
painful. :( I really hope karma catches up these creeps.

Pam
02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
The poor dog probably struggled daily just to live & move from place to place to escape the violence
of war. These men, who could have given him/her, just one moment of
kindness

I thought that too Liz. What that dog was just dealing with day to day was bad enough. :( :(

Ceph
02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
That really is horrible....there are some truly terrible people out there....They should be punished...there is no excuse for such behavior!

but dont think we're all bad...many want to help too....From Baghdad with Love was a good example of it.