View Full Version : Man suffers injuries after saving dog from burning building

Taz_Zoee
02-09-2007, 05:10 PM
This was in the local paper today.
This man is a true hero.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/02/09/MNGEKO1R511.DTL

Canis-Lupess
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
There aren't enough people like him around. This world would be a much better place if there were.

I hate it when people say that about the dog not being worth it. To some of us, a defenceless dog is just as important as a human trapped in the fire. I don't like to view them as being any less important.

I hope both he and the dog make good recoveries.

Taz_Zoee
02-09-2007, 05:48 PM
I totally agree with you. Earlier this week there was another fire in the City and a resident there said, I had to leave my cats in there....they are like our children....I hope they are okay.
I said to my boyfriend.....Would you leave your children behind in a fire?!?!?!
I could not believe she said that, after leaving her cats in a burning building!!

Yes, this would be a better place if people cared for animals more.

pitc9
02-10-2007, 07:40 AM
I pray that he and the dog he pulled out of the fire pull through.

The guy was only given a 50/50 chance to live. :(

He's a Hero for Sure!!

GreyhoundGirl
02-10-2007, 09:56 AM
He's a true hero alright. Wow... it isn't even the first time he's saved someone. Thank you, hero!!!

BCollie_Kelly
02-10-2007, 10:17 AM
oh gosh, what an amazing guy.
I sure hope they both pull through :(

Kalei
02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow this guy is definately a hero. Most people would never dive into a fire for a dog. I am so glad he was there and I really hope that he and the dog recover greatly.

kallisto4529
02-10-2007, 08:50 PM
oh my lord, what a wonderful man!!!! I pray that he and the dog will survive. there are certainly not many people in this world that would have gone back in after an animal that is for sure. i would never leave mine period, even if it meant my own life i would do what i had to save them. it breaks my heart when i hear how people treat there animals and how they would not do what is necessary to keep them safe, they should never be allowed to have them in the first place.