PDA

View Full Version : I have large hamsters...

ramanth
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Recently, I purchased these MUTT HUTT™ Ultralight Folding Mesh Dog Crates (http://champk-9.com/STMH.htm) because I was tired of breaking down their big wire crates when we travel.

Andy and I are off to Sheboygan this weekend and so the pups are at mom and dad's. I dropped them off last night and while my parents were at work today, they crated Kia and Chipper in the living room using the new Mutt Hutts.

Dad arrived home first and found Kia 10 feet away by the sliding door. Still in her crate. :eek:

Chipper was 5 feet away from his original starting point wedged between a chair and the wall.

Suprisingly the crates are not damaged. (Nor are the pups)

The dogs just decided to use them as giant hamster balls.

Mom wishes they had video of it. *laughs*

critter crazy
02-09-2007, 02:27 PM
OMG!! that is funny!!!:D

But on a serious note, I dont know as if I would feel comfortable knowing that they are rolling around in those crates all day! who knows what could happen?? Not to mention how scared and stressed they could get!

corgieguy
02-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok so they were actually rolling inside of them??
Do they have a video camera to catch this on tape.
I honestly think it could be a money making video..
My first thought was they either used thier head as a battering ram, but then thought they would have to move thier own wieght. OR they could scratch the floor though the fabric to move the hut... But then I brought the link up and looked at it...
This has to be a hilarious sight.. :D

lute
02-09-2007, 02:43 PM
silly dogs. I'd make sure the crates are secured to te floor next time! ;)

ramanth
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
These are just travel crates, so they are not in them every day. We have normal wire crates at home.

Since it's been discovered they can do that, we're thinking of ways to weigh them down. They do come with metal stakes for anchoring when outside, but the stakes are useless indoors.

I imagine Kia and Chipper simply walked forward much like a hamster in one of those plastic balls and then they ended up elsewhere in the house. Mom said they don't appear stressed out at all. They were actually laying down when dad got home. The only reason we knew they had an adventure is because the crates were in different areas of the house.

corgieguy
02-09-2007, 03:00 PM
I can see it coming, I am sayng this with tongue in cheek.

"Home Alone, Canine Style"

Just anotherway these beautiful creatures keep us loving them.

pitc9
02-09-2007, 03:06 PM
LMAO!!! :D

Oh to have seen that would have been PRICELESS!!!!

elizabethann
02-09-2007, 03:58 PM
LOL. You've GOT to get that on video! You could win $100,000 on America's Funnest Home Video! That is sooooooooo funny! I'd love to see it! :D

cyber-sibes
02-09-2007, 09:13 PM
LOL. You've GOT to get that on video! You could win $100,000 on America's Funnest Home Video! That is sooooooooo funny! I'd love to see it! :DEXACTLY what I was thinking! Kia & Chipper could start paying back their medical expenses!

Cinder & Smoke
02-09-2007, 09:29 PM
:p

Chipper: Hey Kia!

Kia: Whas'sup, Lil Bro?

Chip: I gotz da ole Hut *rollin* rite along - kan you get da back door?

Kia: Slow down, Bub ... I'z *rollin* my Hut through da Kitchen ... where you goin?

Chip: Had a hankerin to take a stroll inna back yard.

Kia: OK, but mind da Steps - dat ole Hut will make fur a fast trip down.

Chip: Wunder iffin Mom will notice me out inna yard when she getz home?

Kia: Tell her da Kat *pushed* ya out there.

:D

shais_mom
02-09-2007, 11:10 PM
:)
funny pups!

Ginger's Mom
02-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Too funny. Yeah, I have a feeling it was Chipper who discovered the new game first. It would have been very funny to see, but I bet the expression on your parent's faces when they came home were just as worth capturing on film. :D

ramanth
02-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Well, not only do I have large hamster wanna bees, but Kia is also a Houdini.

Monday, they put both dogs in the basement. Chipper in the old wire crate they had on hand and Kia in a Mutt Hutt.

When Dad got home from work..... Kia was upstairs. Still in the Mutt Hutt.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

borzoimom
02-13-2007, 07:31 AM

Monday, they put both dogs in the basement. Chipper in the old wire crate they had on hand and Kia in a Mutt Hutt.

ROFLMBO!!! THANK YOU- NEEDED A GOOD LAUGH TODAY!

cyber-sibes
02-13-2007, 09:31 AM
:eek: Oy my gosh, Kia!!! How did you do that? Your mom & dad need to rig up an motion-activated video cam!

Cinder & Smoke
02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Monday, they put both dogs in the basement.
Chipper in the old wire crate they had on hand
and Kia in a Mutt Hutt.

When Dad got home from work .....
Kia was upstairs.
Still in the Mutt Hutt.

OMG!

:D

I agree that a video cam is needed here!
Going (or falling) DOWNstairs I could understand -
going UPstairs has got to take some talent!

Back yard - here she comes!

;)

Kalei
02-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Aww that would be so awesome to see! I bet they were tired out by the time they realized they weren't getting out of the crates, I bet they had fun though lol.

lizbud
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM

Now that is some feat. :D I'll bet they did roll them like a hampster ball.
These cages look like a neat idea, especially for camping trips.They are not
that expensive either. Great idea. Oh, tell Kia not to try that going down the
steps. :eek:

ramanth
02-13-2007, 12:39 PM
LOL! I know! We need to get Andy's vid camera repaired.

My parents even propped stuff up around Kia's Mutt Hutt to keep her from wandering, but that obviously didn't work. :rolleyes: :o