PDA

View Full Version : police report

davidpizzica
02-08-2007, 03:59 PM
I have a copy of the police report and it looks like this jerk doesn't have a leg to stand on. I sort of witnessed this myself and Ialso have an eyewitness who saw everything. My brothers and I are going to make sure that I get pain and suffering and a new car out of this guy. Boiling mad!

carole
02-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Good luck with it all matey, yes that jerk deserves the book thrown at him for being so ridiculously careless.Hope you are feeling somewhat better my dear friend. hugs

elizabethann
02-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Get yourself a damn good lawyer.

Did this guy even have insurance?

Good luck and I hope you're feeling better.

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Your insurance company will have an excellent lawyer..

davidpizzica
02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Carole, I think I'm doing a little bit better although I still have a lot of pain. Carole, I wonder if this guy knew about a new invention on cars. I believe they're called "brakes"!!

Laura's Babies
02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
My daughter was rear ended at a light, waiting to make a left turn several years ago and WHAM! She felt fine for several days then started having problems with her shoulder... They tried to say her shoulder peoblem could have been from a wrist she broke years before and then asked her what action did SHE try to prevent the accident.... BE prepared.. they will ask you probably if your bad knees caused the broken ribs and what action you took to prevent it from happening.... :rolleyes:

Cataholic
02-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Your insurance company will have an excellent lawyer..

His insurance company will not provide him with a lawyer unless David has been sued. And, if what he says is accurate, liability is on the other party (but, don't get too hund up on the police report. Insurance companies determine liability between two parties, not police officers/reports). And, insurance companies have good lawyers, bad lawyers, and everything in between, btw.

Insurance companies do not buy new cars for people. Insurance companies issue a check to the party that covers the actual cash value of the vehicle that was totalled. So, if you had a 1999 Honda Civic (like I do), you would get the value of a 1999 Honda Civic. Chances are good that that would not be enough to buy a 2007 vehicle.

David, you might consider retaining the services of an attorney that deals in personal injury cases. This is, and can be, more complex than it appears.

Good luck!

Cinder & Smoke
02-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey David ~
Pay Attention to Attorney Johanna's suggestions here!

Insurance companies do not buy new cars for people.
Insurance companies issue a check to the party
that covers the actual cash value of the vehicle that was totalled.

David, you might consider retaining the services of an attorney that deals in personal injury cases.
This is, and can be, more complex than it appears.

Follow-up Question for Johanna:

David's new car was LEASED ...
Does a leased vehicle have more value to the OWNER (the leasor)
than it has "actual cash value"?

In other words - is the Insurance Company likely to offer a settlement that
doesn't pay off the "value" of the vehicle that the Leasing Company wants in
exchange for not getting their car back in pristine condition?

Suggestionto David ~
Do NOT sign any agreements nor cash any insurance checks till you
FULLY understand their meaning.

/s/ Phred

davidpizzica
02-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey David ~

Suggestionto David ~

/s/ Phred
Phred, my two brothers are handling the insurance end of this and they're making sure that I don't sign ANYTHING without their approval.

Cataholic
02-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey David ~

Suggestionto David ~

/s/ Phred

Phred, ACV is ACV, without regard to who holds legal title. I *think*that many people that lease have either 'gap' insurance, or, end up rolling something in with the new lease agreement. I **think** (I don't lease).

David, is there a reason you are not involved in handling your own claim? Just curious. You must have mentioned five times now that your brothers are doing everything for you....unless you are telling me one of them is a lawyer....I think you are better off getting legal advice. These things can be tricky.

davidpizzica
02-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Phred, ACV is ACV, without regard to who holds legal title. I *think*that many people that lease have either 'gap' insurance, or, end up rolling something in with the new lease agreement. I **think** (I don't lease).

David, is there a reason you are not involved in handling your own claim? Just curious. You must have mentioned five times now that your brothers are doing everything for you....unless you are telling me one of them is a lawyer....I think you are better off getting legal advice. These things can be tricky.
They're the closest I have to lawyers. I'm in too much pain to handle this claim now. It's a major undertaking for me to go to the bathroom. Three fractured ribs are not fun. If the need arises, we'll retain a lawyer.