PDA

View Full Version : News not good

fritz03
02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Dad had his tests,where they stick wires on you,don't know what good it does.The ALS is in the Advance stage,not good to hear,hope that Dad can spend at least one more Christmas with us and and enjoy our company and Fritz's.It is not going to be easy for us,we will have to have patience with him and do the best that we can in the time remaining.I am in tears as I write this.I could really use some support,so if you could,when i have new pictures of my pal Fritz to show,i would really love to see some comments on him as it really keeps my spirits up and the picture taking keeps my mind off things for awhile.

Pam
02-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh Barry I feel like crying too. Through all of your posts and pictures I think we have all come to sort of feel like we know your dad. Of course you will all be in our prayers and we will continue to look forward to Fritz photos. How is your dad handling the news and also your mom? I am so sorry Barry. :(

pitc9
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm so sorry Barry.
{{hugs}}} to you, your family and Fritz.

We are here for you and we all enjoy seeing your silly boy.

lizbud
02-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I am so sorry that your Dad is going through this. I do think that Fritz
could be a real source of joy for you at this sad time. You & the family are
in my prayers.

Jadapit
02-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Barry, I'm in tears after reading this. I know how hard this must be on your family. :( You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. I do enjoy seeing the pictures of Fritz and your family. I feel as if I know all of you. {{{Hugs}}}

My Peanuts
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Barry I'm so sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

chocolatepuppy
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Barry, I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I pray that you and your family will find the strength to deal with your Dads illness. I'm sure Fritz makes your Dad feel better.I will keep you all in my prayers. {hugs}

elizabethann
02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm in tears too.

Please keep your spirtis up. I know it's hard, but it would really help your dad (and your mom too). But sometimes it's good to cry too. Just let it all out.

Please take care & give Fritz a good night kiss for me.

Freedom
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Aw gee, Barry. Sometimes I don't know why we need the tests to tell us what we can see for ourselves. I know first hand how hard it is to see our folks getting older, and having an illness taking over. Prayers for you, mom and dad. And pets and treats to Fritz.

joycenalex
02-08-2007, 06:34 PM
dear barry, i had the nerve test last december, and i didn't like it one bit. i'm very sorry to hear about your dad. every time i've seen a picture of the handsome frizt on your dads' lap, they both seem so well suited and happy. kindest regards, joyce

Dorothy39
02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh Barry, I have always enjoyed seeing the pictures of your Fritz as well as your Dear Family~ I know that everyone on Pet Talk feels so Lifted when looking into Your Beautiful Home.

I'm so Sorry to read the News about your Dear Father ~ I will Pray right along side everyone on this thread for Strength and Comfort that will see you through many more tomorrows~

Alysser
02-08-2007, 07:51 PM
If you need support, you definately have come to the right place. I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Daisy and Delilah
02-08-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm just reading this after posting to the picture thread, Barry. I'm also in tears, needless to say. I just wish there is something I could do for all of you. Please keep posting those wonderful pictures of that sweet boy for us to enjoy every day. Also, keep posting pictures of your Dad. I know it cheers him up in a small way and he has something to put a smile on his face. All of us can smile together. My heart breaks for all of you, Barry. I'm so sorry. All I can offer you is some support. I'm here for you anytime you need someone to talk to. :)

Ginger's Mom
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh Barry, I am so sorry to hear this. I know how hard it is to watch someone you care about as their Alzheimer's progresses. Please come here anytime you need to talk, or just need a virtual hug. Those pictures of Fritz and your Dad are even more precious and important now. {{{Hug}}}

Logan
02-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Barry, I know you and Fritz must be a tremendous source of strength for both of your parents during this very difficult time. Your father and all of you are in my prayers.

Logan

Rachel
02-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Barry, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Your mom too will be in our prayers as it must be ever so hard for her to see her life partner struck with such a condition. She is fortunate in one respect and that is to have you and Fritz there with her to help lift spirits of both her and your dad.

You are correct to try to get your mind off the situation as best you can and we love seeing the pictures of Fritz, although I don't get around PT as much as I would like.