PDA

View Full Version : A Golden Hero to the Rescue!

pitc9
02-08-2007, 12:09 PM
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/10962583/detail.html

Dog Pulls Seizure-Stricken Owner Out Of Cold

TOLEDO, Ohio -- A Toledo woman said she would have fallen victim to the cold weather were it not for her dog.

Sam Good suffers from reflex sympathetic dystrophy, a neurological syndrome that sparks immobilizing seizures through her body. Good said she suffered an attack last week while going outside to turn off her back porch light.

Temperatures were in the teens, and Good feared she might freeze. She called out to her 104-pound golden retriever, Maddie.

Maddie came to the porch and Good was barely able to wrap her arms around the dog's neck. Maddie then dragged her owner back into the warmth and safety of her house, all the way to her bedroom.

Good's seizure eventually subsided, but she said she could have frozen to death if not for her dog's help.

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 12:11 PM
104 pound RETREIEVER??? MAN- THAT IS a big dog- THANK GOD!

4 Dog Mother
02-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I saw that on the news last night. Pretty cool! Great dog!

cyber-sibes
02-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Kudos to Maddie! I saw this on the new too. Isn't it amazing what our dogs can do for us? I hope you get some good spoiling for this one, Maddie!

chocolatepuppy
02-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Good girl Maddie! I have a friend whos elderly mother fell in her driveway and her Golden came and cuddled up with her and kept her warm until someone came. (she was checked on often)This story made me think of that.Dogs are the greatest aren't they? :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-08-2007, 10:33 PM
What a good girl you are sweet Maddie!! We hope you get lots of extra treats and kisses for this :)