PDA

View Full Version : Pet Rules

M&M's Mommy
02-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Got this from my sister.. I thought it's worth sharing

PET RULES

To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator door - snout height.

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate of food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. Also, I have been using the bathroom for years -- canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!

To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:

To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets
1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:
1. Eat less
2. Don't ask for money all the time
3 Are easier to train
4. Usually come when called
5. Never drive your car
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
7. Don't smoke or drink
8. Don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions
9. Don't wear your clothes
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 12:08 PM
/quote- To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets
1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly."

YA' DARN RIGHT.. LOL...

Lobodeb
02-08-2007, 12:55 PM
YA' DARN RIGHT.. LOL...

LOL, I thought of you when I saw that. I work at a graphics company. Would you like me to blow it up and mount it on foam core so you can post it in your window for when your step-daughter comes? Seriously!

I've seen these rules before (I might have even posted them) but they're always a good memory refresher.

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 02:33 PM
LOL, I thought of you when I saw that. I work at a graphics company. Would you like me to blow it up and mount it on foam core so you can post it in your window for when your step-daughter comes? Seriously!

I've seen these rules before (I might have even posted them) but they're always a good memory refresher.
OHHHHHHHHHH GOD WOULD YOU??????????? ROFLMBO!!!! I just about sufficated and choked on my coffee when I read that one!!!! :D

Lobodeb
02-08-2007, 03:04 PM
OHHHHHHHHHH GOD WOULD YOU??????????? ROFLMBO!!!!
Just say the word!

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
pm on the way- this child has tried to make me crazy!!!

GreyhoundGirl
02-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Hahaha, I'm loving where this thread is going.

*sits back and relaxes*

Lobodeb
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
We are just PMing to discuss the design.

With your permission, I'll post the final product before I mount and ship it.

Pawsitive Thinking
02-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Hahaha, I'm loving where this thread is going.

*sits back and relaxes*

Me too! Hey Borzoimom don't forget to take a photo of her reaction :D

borzoimom
02-09-2007, 06:56 AM
We are just PMing to discuss the design.

With your permission, I'll post the final product before I mount and ship it.
Without a doubt!!! lol

borzoimom
02-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Me too! Hey Borzoimom don't forget to take a photo of her reaction :D
Good idea! I guess my sign was too uh subtle.. lol.. But you would also think with art work like this all over the house, someone would get the point.. lol..

Pawsitive Thinking
02-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Good idea! I guess my sign was too uh subtle.. lol.. But you would also think with art work like this all over the house, someone would get the point.. lol..

You would have thought so! ROFLMAO! Which part of "so, go away" don't they get?