PDA

View Full Version : To ya'all Upstate NY snow bound people

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Are you all okay??? They said on the news 6 feet of snow in 3 days... Staying warm? And how are you dealing with the snow?

critter crazy
02-08-2007, 06:10 AM
I havent gotten any!!!!!:(

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 06:26 AM
I havent gotten any!!!!!:(
I am sorry critter crazy- I changed the title to more specific Upstate NY..

critter crazy
02-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Actually we are considered upsate, as NYC is considered downstate!:D anywho, Pulaski was one of the areas hit bad, as they usually are, my In-Laws used to live there, and I got stuck up there one year, while visiting them. That place is like death valley in the winter!!:eek:

sandragonfly
02-08-2007, 08:27 AM
yup, we're okay! and warm! :confused: ..we've not gotten any snow.. yesterday was only an half inch extra of snow. but it has been below -11C for 4 days
now! until this sunday, I think. windchills and you wouldn't believe how it exposed my hands dry instantly. :eek: I still wear my sandals.. hee hee.

there's one other pettalker, lv4dogs who lives not too far from us should be ok too. not much of snow yet I guess.

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I am glad to hear you are okay. The news presents this like ya'all are buried in snow-..
Its cold here too. We have been in the teens since Jan.31st. We got 4 inches yesterday but there is another storm coming monday.. Thats okay- the dogs love it!
I use vaseline on my hands. I put it on a half an hour before bedtime so its worked in by the time I go to bed. It seems to work as my skin tends to be dry anyway.. lol.

sandragonfly
02-08-2007, 08:44 AM
for sure, crayola keep making doggie angels with his big fluffy tail! :D

yeah, everyone at school when signing told me to put vaseline on, it always gets in way! and would always have to re-apply every minute or so.. :rolleyes: because I sign (use my hands a lot) and half of my cats run away from me when I'm vaselined. :( and their furs get greasy in bed. ahh, forget it.

sandragonfly
02-14-2007, 04:40 PM
our school closed today!! :D :D third time in ten years now but twice in same quarter. :eek: unfortunately, the first play we're gonna show tonight canceled. :(

BIIIGG snowstorm is coming up tonight, we already got a lot, several feet of snow this morning - it took me a while to find which my car was!! every car is covered with 2 feet of snow.. I hope for more!! :) crayola disappeared in snow while romping! :eek: he is okay and being hyper.. hehe.

there was a huge crash on freeway, not sure where, still looking for that but it's near us. global warming has been so strange everywhere lately eh?

critter crazy
02-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Woohoo!!! Finally some snow!!!! Hubby just got his plow truck stuck in the drive way!! he he he he he he he!! sorry for laughing, but you know how guys are! If i had gotten stuck he would laughing even harder!!:D

buttercup132
02-14-2007, 07:01 PM
We have between 40 and 60 cm here. Expecting even more tonight.:eek:

sandragonfly
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
at least 13 deaths (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070215/ap_on_re_us/winter_weather;_ylt=ApiRoFsS5uGfxMllSaaquEys0NUE) are blamed on storm system.

there are about 150 pictures of snow dumping on america - click on picture on left top - it has been snowing constantly since last night! see picture #100, that's how high we see now and big snowstorm haven't came yet.. :eek: