PDA

View Full Version : Hits too close to home...

areias
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2007/2/7/221906.html?title=Three-year-old+hit,+killed+in+Riverview

A 3-year-old living in the Alafia River Wood Mobile Home Park was struck and killed when one of the residents coming home struck the child Wednesday.

Edward Francis Gould III was pushing a toy truck across Riverview Drive in front of his house and was hit by Pete Dreydoppel, 52, of Riverview about 2:45 p.m.

Gould's mother, Gail, said she was standing in the front yard talking to a neighbor and watching him play. She turned to tell her son to get out of the road when the vehicle struck and killed him.

Watch Video

Gail Gould

"I don't know how I'm going to deal with it," Gould said. "I'm in shock. Just love your kids and take care of them. That's all I ever did. Every day I took care of my kids. He was my world."

Dreydoppel was arrested because of outstanding warrants on traffic issues, including a previous charge of driving without a valid license.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I deliver pizzas in this area...Mom was on the computer and asked if I was in "Riverwoods Mobile Home Park" tonight. I said no, why? She said a little boy was hit by a car and killed there...and started reading me the story "Gould was pushing his toy truck..." I had to stop her...wait a minute, the last name, Gould? She said yes-I asked the parents name. She said Gail and Edward (the boy was Edward the third...). He is a friend of mine's nephew. I don't know the parents that well, but I have been around them at my friend's house and everything, and I've played with that little boy. I didn't know they had moved to this area, but...it was such a shocker to see it on the news like this. :(:( Please send some prayers out to Eddie's family...I know they need it.

Karen
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
How sad! He'll be in our prayers, as will you and his family.

Laura's Babies
02-07-2007, 11:17 PM
So Sad!

kimlovescats
02-07-2007, 11:21 PM
How very tragic! :(

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 05:52 AM
Oh that is tragic! Prayers out to the families involved.

Pam
02-08-2007, 06:03 AM
How tragic!! I watched the video of little Edward's mom. I am wondering how she is ever going to get over the guilt. I really don't know how I'd go on. I know things happen in the blink of an eye and she has probably said to herself 1,000 times since then "if only." Prayers for the family going up.

critter crazy
02-08-2007, 06:12 AM
OMG!!! I feel so sad for that boys family. I cannot even begin to Imagine what they are going through!!:(

AdoreMyDogs
02-08-2007, 08:01 AM
How devistating. The poor family :( I just can't imagine how one would cope with something like that. Prayers going out to that family :(

ramanth
02-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Many prayers for the family. :(

pitc9
02-08-2007, 08:57 AM
OMG!
How devistating!!!