PDA

View Full Version : Well the due date has been changed!

AdoreMyDogs
02-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Unless baby decides to turn, which odds are she won't at this point (she's still breech), her official day to come into this world is Wednesday, February 21st via C-section. That makes it exactlly 2 weeks from today (eek) that I'm going to be a mommy!

We would have scheduled it a bit later, but my doctor is going on vacation the week before baby's due date, and I insist on him doing my c-section. I love my doctor and I trust him completely. I don't want an on-call doc in his office doing any major surgeries on me. We would have liked to schedule it in the last week of Feb, but we have to do it a little sooner now because of doc's vacation schedule (how DARE he take a vacation...the NERVE of that man!!!!!) :D

I think I have finally made peace with my c-section. I will be scared, of course, but I just want my baby to be healthy, and if she's not turned, there is a reason she's not turned, and it's Gods will that she is still breech. A friend of ours lost their full-term baby boy because he had the cord wrapped too many times around his neck and he passed away from it before he was delivered. I just can't imagine the pain from that. I have stopped asking baby to turn, and having complete trust in God to help us have a healthy baby.

So....14 days and counting!

luckies4me
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
How sad for your friend. :( That is such a terrible thing to hear.

Good luck!!! You will do awesome! :D

Jods
02-07-2007, 10:06 PM
GL! Zoey had her cord around her neck when she came out I've never been so scared in all my life. I'm wishing you a safe and happy c-section. Make sure someone is at home for your recovery! GL again!

Karen
02-07-2007, 10:32 PM
We'll be thinking of you, and that's a fine day to be born. Here's hoping for a healthy delivery!

Sirrahsim
02-07-2007, 10:57 PM
oh my goodness! 2 weeks to go!! I don't even know what to say! How exciting/nerve wracking/exhilirating/terrifying/wonderful/heaven knows what!!

I guess that I had better get sewing :D

Cookiebaker
02-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Yay! congratulations on getting a date!!! :D

That's also the date that my dr. gave me as a day to induce if I haven't gone by then! The 21st could be a really magical date!!! :cool:

borzoimom
02-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Wow- two weeks left for the 21st... We will have you prayers, and will be looking forward to news... Mommy... ;)

Pam
02-08-2007, 05:58 AM
Leslie, I am so excited for you! I think the idea of setting this date is a good one, especially since the doctor you prefer will be away if you wait. Imagine if your little girl was in the right position and she chose to arrive when your favorite doctor was away. Sometimes it is just nice to be able to plan such things. Also, your hubby will not need to be racing to the hospital and going through traffic lights! :D Of course I am teasing about the traffic light thing, but I do think it is nice to sort of be in control of something like this, especially with the position your little one is in.

I watch many of the baby stories on TLC and also Discovery Health. I have seen so many caesarians that I almost feel like I could do one....NOT! :p LOL! Each time I watch one I am just so amazed at how beautiful the whole thing is. You are wise to put it all in God's hands and just let it go. I know I put things in God's hands often but then I have a hard time letting go of the worries. It really is silly though, because He is certainly able to handle things without our help. :) I am looking forward to the 21st but I know not half as much as you are. :)

AdoreMyDogs
02-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks everyone. I am a little nervous, but I know I'll be pretty terrified when the day comes. My doctor knows how important it is (or it was) to have a natural labor/birth, so he said he'll do all he can to make sure I'm cut in a way that I can have a VBAC (vaginal birth after ceserian) with the next child. I so wanted to experience labor, but I hope that next baby we have I can have a natural birth.

It's weird, because I don't even feel uncomfortable yet. I moan and groan a lot when I move and shift positions, but other then that, I don't feel yucky and uncomfortable, but Doc said that'll come in the next week or two.

It's still so hard to believe that it's almost here.

ramanth
02-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm nervous and excited for you! :D

Lobodeb
02-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Hugito was born via C-section and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

For some reason, my body didn't tell my cervix to dilate. My doctor tried stripping the membranes to move things along, but she couldn't even reach my cervix. They tried Cervidil just to get me to start dilating. I was to lay there, with this thing on my cervix for 12 hours waiting to dilate. If nothing happened, they would do it again and wait another 12 hours. If that got me to dilate, then they would have started me on Pitocin. Who knows how long my labor would have been if that would have happened. At least 24 up to 48 hours. Um...NO! I asked for a C-section especially hearing how big the ultrasound technician estimated him to be (9 lbs. 10. oz).

I got a little nervous right as they were wheeling me in. I kind of freaked out at all the people and all the attention I was getting. But other than that, I was just like "get this kid out of me!" I was terribly uncomfortable.

My recovery was surprisingly easy. I only used the pain drip thingy 3 times. I stayed in the hospital 5 days total. The last day was because Hugito was jaundiced. I wasn't going to leave without him, so they let me stay. They had me up and walking the next day (mind you my c-section was at 8 PM the evening prior).

They sent me home with lots of pain meds that I never took. Naturally, you're a little sore, but that's to be expected.

Good luck! They might even give you something for your nerves.

Oh, and after they got him out, I got a terrible case of the itchies. That's normal. Just let them know and they'll give you something for it. I also shook like a leaf for a little bit, but that, too is normal. My temperature dropped for some reason down to like 95-96 degrees, but they quickly gave me lots of warm blankets.

I'm so excited for you.

Pam
02-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I also shook like a leaf for a little bit, but that, too is normal....
they quickly gave me lots of warm blankets.

I'm so excited for you.

I had the shivers too and was told it was a side effect of the epidural (I did not have a C section either time). Thank God for those heated blankets. They felt like they were right out of the dryer and were just wonderful. :)

AdoreMyDogs
02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I really don't mean to bother any of you with my *bump* for countown, but I have 11 more days until I'm a mommy! It's so real! I can't wait to meet my baby. My excitement overrides my fear and I'm just so excited. I wonder how big she'll be, and if I even would have been able to push her out naturally. My hubbys side has enormous babies (9.5-10 lb 10 oz range), but my side has very normal sized babies (low 7lb range). I also wonder if she'll have lots of hair like I did when I was born, or if she'll be bald.....SOOOO excited to find out!!!!

GreyhoundGirl
02-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Congrats!!! That's so exciting!!!

It's a very good day to be born. Jenny approves ;) She will be 5 feb 21st.

Rachel
02-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Leslie, I'm comforted by the fact that you are coming to terms with the C-section aspect and by the time the day arrives I'm thinking that you will feel even more at peace with it. Who knows (God knows) in the scheme of things this may really be what is for the best for both you and the baby. Be thankful that with all the prenatal care you have had access to that there are procedures to make everything go well. In other words, concentrate on the positive aspect of a C-section.

21 sounds like a good day for a birthday to me too.

Lobodeb
02-10-2007, 11:52 PM
I also wonder if she'll have lots of hair like I did when I was born, or if she'll be bald.....SOOOO excited to find out!!!!

An old wives' tale that proved true with me, is that if you have a lot of heartburn, the baby will have a lot of hair.

When I was pregnant, even plain old oatmeal gave me heartburn. Hugito was a fuzzbutt! :rolleyes:

Sirrahsim
02-11-2007, 06:27 AM
I was the opposite. I didn't have a bit of heartburn but Tyler came out with a TON of hair!

Cookiebaker
02-11-2007, 07:34 AM
I told my hubby that if the heartburn/hair tale was true, our baby is gonna look like a hairy MONKEY!!! :eek: :D But as long as it is RED hair then I don't mind. :D

AdoreMyDogs
02-11-2007, 11:58 AM
I've been taking digestive enzymes and since I've been taking them with each and every meal, I don't have any heartburn at all. Before I started them with every meal, I'd have the occational heartburn.

Anna, wouldn't it be cool if our girls had the same birthday???? :D :D

AdoreMyDogs
02-16-2007, 08:23 AM
5 days left!

Sirrahsim
02-16-2007, 09:45 AM
oh boy!!! :) I'm curious, are you delivering in town? I'm so curious about this hospital but haven't had time to take the tour yet!!

Cookiebaker
02-16-2007, 05:05 PM
5 days left!

Whoa! you are getting so close!!! I am soo excited for you and can't wait to hear your story.

Don't forget to absolutely cherish every wiggle, squirm, hiccup between now and then because all too soon they are gone. I am soo thankful that baby Lydia had a flurry of activity just 15 minutes before the doc broke my water and I was aware that that was the last of the internal movement that I would feel. BUT what is to come is sooooo much better, too, when you can love her on the outside. :D :D :D

AdoreMyDogs
02-16-2007, 07:31 PM
I have such mixed feelings. I've had the best pregnancy I ever could have imagined. I could be pregnant all the time, it has been just the most amazing experience and I'll miss it so very much. I'll miss the hiccups, the punches and kicks. I'll miss the reaction she makes when I play classical music on my belly. I'll miss people touching my belly and telling me their stories. I could cry because I'll miss it so much, but I'll be rewarded with a little bundle of baby in my arms to get to know and build a lifelong relationship with. I am so sad to be parting with my pregnancy, but I'm just so excited to meet my baby.

I'm going to be at the 8th street campus, Melissa. I'll give you a call if you'd like to come meet baby, since you're just a hop, skip and jump away :)

Sirrahsim
02-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm going to be at the 8th street campus, Melissa. I'll give you a call if you'd like to come meet baby, since you're just a hop, skip and jump away :)

I would be honored and delighted and out of my mind with excitement :) That is where I'll be delivering too!

AdoreMyDogs
02-16-2007, 08:58 PM
I would be honored and delighted and out of my mind with excitement :) That is where I'll be delivering too!

The number you gave me, is it a cell? can I text it? If I can, I'll text you my room#...otherwise, I'll call you and let you know what room I'm in. Let me know if it's a cell or home# :D

Sirrahsim
02-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I'll PM you my cell so you can just text if it'll be easier. The number that I gave you before is my home :)

AdoreMyDogs
02-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh my gosh I have 3 days left! I'm really excited, and, except for this little foot that's lodged in my ribcage, I feel great!

Bags are packed and ready to go!

borzoimom
02-19-2007, 08:07 AM
did you doctor tell you when laying down- lay on the left side if the baby is uncomfortable and right side for indigestion? It worked for me..

Sirrahsim
02-19-2007, 08:22 AM
:D :D :D :D it's almost time!

ramanth
02-19-2007, 09:07 AM
How exciting!! :D

Cataholic
02-19-2007, 10:35 AM
Two days left!