PDA

View Full Version : fire ants

Sirrahsim
02-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Is there anyway to tell if the little buggers that are building their mounds against the back of my house are fire ants without getting too close? There are thousands of them but I'm too scared to get within 5 feet so I can't tell what color they are
I've never lived anywhere that had fire ants before and I'm scared to death of them

BitsyNaceyDog
02-07-2007, 03:29 PM
You should be scared of them! They hurt when they bite and then they are really itchy. They usually have really large mounds, so I'd guess that if it's a big mound then you probably have fire ants.

prechrswife
02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Probably so. The Ortho fire ant powder works better than anything else we've found.

Sirrahsim
02-07-2007, 03:47 PM
:eek: :( :( :( If I had caught this 2 days ago I could have gotten the base to take care of them.... I hope the new contractor people will do it :( :(

Sirrahsim
02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm going to feel like such a moron if I call them out here and these are just regular ants :(

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm going to feel like such a moron if I call them out here and these are just regular ants :(
call them anyways, no one wants ants of nykind in their house. You will not be a moron. They are morons if they dont take care of the problem.