PDA

View Full Version : New York mulls over ipod fines!

RICHARD
02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/today/creators/rub/rub0206g.gif

New York is considering a 100 dollar fine for walking in a pedestrian crossing while using any electronic device...

A few people have been killed in the crosswalks in the last few months.

------------------------

Again, It's the morons making things harder for the rest of us.

We all complain about the thought police....I should think so, We cannot take care of ourselves!

Karen
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I'd bet more people are hit using cell phones than iPods, but both would be "electronic devices." I have had people on cell phones wander into the street I am driving on - and only looking after I could have hit them - many times around here.

Catlady711
02-07-2007, 11:45 PM
What ever happened to the days where people took responsibility (and sometimes injuries) for their own actions rather than expect the government to 'protect us from ourselves' and that 'it must be someone else's fault' for everything that happens to us??

And we wonder why we have a national debt, there is never a cop around when you need one, and why there is so much crime?

It's because we have law enforcement, and the government busy out making sure we wear our seatbelts, use or don't use our cell phones properly, we wear our helmets, we don't have fuzzy dice hanging from our rearview mirror, we don't warm up our cars in the winter, and we have the proper number of passengers for using a carpool lane, THAT'S WHY!

finn's mom
02-08-2007, 05:26 AM
How sad.

Laura's Babies
02-08-2007, 08:26 AM
We all have brains! Seems like this new age has made a lot of folks forget how to use them!

TFTpwnsYou
02-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Yeah. I'd have to agree. I really think now days when someone gets a cell phone they put a device in the car that monitors whether the phone is in use while driving, and if it is they send you a fine. I've had quite a few people not watching and trying to come into my lane while I was passing. That was fun!! Or they can't use turn signals because they just forget, and stop at places there's no stop sign. Cars and cell phones have to be the worst.