PDA

View Full Version : Meet Loki's New Brother and Sister!!!

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
After a 5 hour round trip, the two Kittens from PA, are here! They are little dolls!! They both have bad URI's and are headed to the vets ASAP tomarrow. But other than that they are way too sweet! I let them out of their carriers, and all they wanted to do was, snuggle purr, and cuddle!! Awww....The little grey boy had to have a bath, as he had a couple of accidents during our trip home. He was a Horrid mess! he took the bath like a champ, and purred the whole time! Okay enough blabbering here are the pics.

Their story is on this Thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121453)
this is the grey boy, not sure of a name yet!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5539.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5538.jpg
horrible goopy face!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5540.jpg
both together
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5528.jpg
Mocha( I think I will keep this Name)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5529.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5541.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5550.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5553.jpg
horrible goopy face!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5546.jpg
Grey boy after his bath!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/mjones77/Our%20Critters/100_5552.jpg

Thats all for now!

jennielynn1970
02-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh those poor little babies!! Look at those eyes! They're all red and goopy. I hope their visit to the vet is quick and he can help them! Prayers and hugs to them both!

What happened with the other two older cats?

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh those poor little babies!! Look at those eyes! They're all red and goopy. I hope their visit to the vet is quick and he can help them! Prayers and hugs to them both!

What happened with the other two older cats?
Galene still has them, and is still searching for homes. I was very nice to meet her, she is a very sweet lady. I felt it best to take the two sick babies, and focus my efforts on them. I am glad, I didi, cause as soon as I saw them, I just wanted to cry! I feel so bad for these two. But they are going to get get excelent care, and lots of love!

Anikaca77
02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I hope these kittens get better fast. I hope the other 2 find homes quickly.

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
The two kittens have a vet appt. set for tomarrow at 10:45am. Hopefully this URI will get better quick. They both look just horrible!!

Laura's Babies
02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Those poor lovely babies!!!! My heart is breaking!

ramanth
02-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Oh those poor babies! Their eyes make mine want to water. :(

I hope the vet can get them fixed up asap.

jazzcat
02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
They are beautiful but oh my those eyes. My eyes are watering from looking at them. Are Mocha's bottom eyelids sticking out or rolled down? Poor thing!!!! I'm so glad you have them now and they will be getting much needed medical care.

Congrats to you and those adorable kitties!!!! What lucky kitties they are.

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
They are beautiful but oh my those eyes. My eyes are watering from looking at them. Are Mocha's bottom eyelids sticking out or rolled down? Poor thing!!!! I'm so glad you have them now and they will be getting much needed medical care.

Congrats to you and those adorable kitties!!!! What lucky kitties they are.
her bottom eyelids are swollen from the infection, but her top ones are actually rolled over. not sure if that is from the infection, or just they way they are. the vet will let me know tomarrow I am sure!

kimlovescats
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Do you have any Terramycin on hand??? That baby's eye is so painfully infected, I would hate for her to lose her sight. I know none of this is your fault, but geez they are in bad shape! :(

Laura's Babies
02-07-2007, 04:37 PM
It breaks my heart to see them but I can NOT stay away!! I just want to cry when I look at them. I hope you have told them this is their lucky day, to hang in there because you are going to help them and not to be afraid. Gosh! I would just hold them and cry!

How can ANYONE let any animal get in that kind of shape? Grrrrr!

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Do you have any Terramycin on hand??? That baby's eye is so painfully infected, I would hate for her to lose her sight. I know none of this is your fault, but geez they are in bad shape! :(

Unfortunately i dont! I looked all over the house, cause I could have swore i had some, but you never find anything when you need it!

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
It breaks my heart to see them but I can NOT stay away!! I just want to cry when I look at them. I hope you have told them this is their lucky day, to hang in there because you are going to help them and not to be afraid. Gosh! I would just hold them and cry!

How can ANYONE let any animal get in that kind of shape? Grrrrr!
I think they already know! Everytime i go in the room to check on them, they come right over looking for lovins! I wish they were better so they could run around, but they will have plenty of time for that!

catmandu
02-07-2007, 04:48 PM
The Good Thing Is That Those Poor Cats Are Now In A Place Where They Are Going To Get Vets Care, And We Pray That Your Vet Can Fix Thier Eyes Up.
Its Very Possible I Have Seen Cats Like Carlas Birdie Who Looked Terrible But With Tlc , Vet Care And Love Are Great Cats Now.
The Found Cats Are Adding Thier Prayers To Mine.

cassiesmom
02-07-2007, 05:54 PM
The Found Cats Are Adding Their Prayers To Mine.

Cassie and I are adding ours to Catmandu and the Found Cats. How's Loki doing with all this?

kb2yjx
02-07-2007, 06:45 PM
O dear!!! What 2 little sweeties!!! But as already stated. O those eyes!!! Can you take cotten balls and put warm soaks on them?? It will be great to see the " AFTER" photos when they are feeling better!! Good luck!!! Many prayers for the kittens and you!!

QueenScoopalot
02-07-2007, 07:08 PM
I'M SOOO Happy you were able to get both kittens to safety! :D I also knew that looking at the grey baby and knowing all too well how fast URI/ eye infections can transmit, that Mocha would be right behind him. :( Be very careful to keep your hands clean between conact with Loki (AND YOU & KIDS)! Conjunctivitis is VERY contagious! I'd be hesitant to use Terramycin until you make sure the vet does an "eye stain" to assure they don't have a scratch on their cornea. Otherwise an ulcer can develope without the right meds. ;) They look like they'll turn into absolute beauties now they're in the right hands! :) THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! ;)
P.S. Do you know what the chances are for the remaining pair finding homes, or at least santuary other than a farm? :confused:

critter crazy
02-08-2007, 07:30 AM
The kitties are getting along great! they are so affectionate! as soon as i walk in the room they just wrap around my legs, and start purring. They have been using the litter box, eating and drinking well. I just cant wait till they are healthy, so they can run around the house. Even with all they have been through, they are just the swetest babies!!

Loki is definitely intrigued with the noises he is hearing!! he lays next to the door for hours, just listening, and occasionally trying to peak under. I just hope when he finally gets to meet them, that they all get along.

critter crazy
02-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Well the kitties are back from the vets. The both got all of their shots, as well as a shot of Antibiotics for the infections, and are on amoxicillin. the vet also suggested that I addLysine to their diets, so they will be getting that as well. I sure hope they get better fast!! Poor Babies!!

cassiesmom
02-08-2007, 11:20 AM
I was thinking about you guys this morning, Critter Crazy! It sounds like they know they're getting the best of care and love from their mom! I hope the antibiotic shots work quickly, and they don't get diarrhea from the amoxicillin :( I agree with kb2yjx, I'll be very happy to see "AFTER"! Does grey boy have a name yet? Could you give them a little petting for me, since they're little kitties. Some for Loki too.

critter crazy
02-08-2007, 12:38 PM
I was thinking about you guys this morning, Critter Crazy! It sounds like they know they're getting the best of care and love from their mom! I hope the antibiotic shots work quickly, and they don't get diarrhea from the amoxicillin :( I agree with kb2yjx, I'll be very happy to see "AFTER"! Does grey boy have a name yet? Could you give them a little petting for me, since they're little kitties. Some for Loki too.
The grey boy has not found a name yet.
I was thinking about keeping with Loki, using Nordic god names.

I was thinking about for the grey boy:
Odin-nordic God, The all Knowing
For the girl
Sigyn-Guardian Goddess

The babies right now are sleeping, and are looking oh so cute! and Loki is running around like the mad man that he is!:D

kimlovescats
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm glad to hear that the babies are so happy now! That's wonderful! I'm surprised they got their shots though while sick, my vet doesn't do that. I guess since they got the antibiotic shot too though, that it will be ok! ;) I can't wait to see them all cleared up and showing off for us all here on PT! :D

critter crazy
02-10-2007, 11:27 AM
The babies are already Improving!!! Swelling hs gone down, their noses are clearing up, and the eyes arent quite so gunky. So hopefully within the next week, they will be healthy again! I am so happy that they are responding to the meds, and supplements so well. Yay for the babies!!:D

momcat
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
From your post it seems Mocha and Gray Boy are just as sweet as they look! They are both absolutely adorable. Groucho sends to many purrs, kitty hugs, and kitty kisses to thank you for rescuing these poor babies. How wonderful that the medications seem to be working already but I'm sure your TLC has a lot to do with their improvement. My prayers are being prayed for both babies to have a full recovery with no complications. They have a wonderful life ahead of them with you. Thank you for caring enough to take them in.

Hi baby kitties, Boy, you both sure are cute. I'd like to welcome both of you to the PT family! We PT kitties are the lucky ones. You will be loved and cared for more than you can imagine in your super furever home. PT purrents are the best because their standards for kitty care are very high, we're always the center of their world. I hope that both of you get better very soon so that you can come to Mr. Catmandu's kitty parties and get-aways. Please know that all the PT kitties are here for you if you have any questions or just need a meow session with another kitty or two.

Your friend,
Groucho