PDA

View Full Version : I didn't get accepted.. :(

CountryWolf07
02-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Remember that I was working on my drawings for the program over winter break? If I did not mention that, well I have been working so hard to get into the Visual Communication program here at the Ohio State University. So.. Well.. I did not get accepted. :( I had a really hard time dealing with it tonight. I got the letter today and I didn't open until a couple hours ago. I got so, so upset, and started crying; because I didn't know what else I wanted to do & it was the only thing I wanted to do when I came here to the OSU. So, I broke the news to Mike because he wanted to know, and I called my mom right away while I was talking to Mike online; I was saying how I was so upset and that I was crying on the phone to my mom about it.. and Mike told me to hold on a second, then 20 minutes later, he showed up at my door! He didn't have to do that because I know he has a midterm tomorrow afternoon; but he just told me he had to come over and see if I was okay and he wanted to be there.. He just opened up his arms and hugged me, then I lost it again, then I just cried. He was just there for me.. It was the sweetest/nicest thing he coud do.. he told me that he was good for that along with going out to eat dinner.. haha.. I was like, "I knew that already.."

So I guess, I am looking into Art Technology and possibly VCD as my minor, we will see. I have to set up an appointment with the advisor which i will be doing that tomorrow morning. I guess, it could be a blessing in disguise because I could be spending 2 extra more years, and I could only have at least a YEAR left and I'd be done by the Spring of 2008. Who knows?

Mike had a surprise for me and he told me that he was going to buy George Strait tickets for Valentine's Day but it didn't work out because we both were going home next weekend and that was when George is coming here. I think he has something up in his sleeves.. who knows?? He's just amazing to me. I'm just lucky to meet a guy like him; and I am keeping him.. I absolutely can't let him go. I'd be stupid to. :)

wolf_Q
02-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Aw, Rach, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. :( {{Hugs}} I hope everything will work out with a different program.

Could we see some of your drawings? I bet they are great. :)

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm so sorry, honey! I know you are terribly disappointed ... but like you said, it will most likely work out for the best in the end! It sure sounds like you have yourself a wonderful man though! That is something REALLY special to smile about! ;)

Hugs,
Kim

Catty1
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
But you will get accepted into something else, something wonderful!

You just wait!

HUGS! *hands over new box of tissues - the type with lotion in them!*

Karen
02-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Don't worry, sweetie - it probably won't affect your future employment or anything anyway - most people don't end up working n the exact field of their major anyway! Just keep working on your drawings and skills, and see what your advisor says, it'll all work out, I am sure.

Daisy and Delilah
02-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm so sorry sweetie :( It may seem like the end of the world right now but in time, it won't seem so devastating. There will be other good things that come your way. Everything is gonna be alright!!
What a sweetheart Mike is :) :) :) I'm so glad to hear that he's in your life. He's such a great guy.

p.s. If I could get to go see George Strait in person, I would probably faint dead away. I absolutely adore him :D

pitc9
02-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm so sorry you didn't get accepted.
Everything happens for a reason... something else is going to come along before you know it.

{hugs} to you!
You're lucky to have someone in your life like Mike!|