PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy is going downhill....fast *****UPDATE*****

Catsnclay
02-06-2007, 07:16 PM
This has been going on now since last week and my heart is just breaking :(

Fluffy is 20 years old and has been in renial failure now for at least a year. Last week he stopped eating, drank a whole lot more that usual (and he drinks a lot), has runny poop and sleeps even more and is vomiting.

Tim & I knew what was happening, but we took him to see his doctor on Monday, she prescribed a few Rx's and upped his Sub Q fluids to every other day. Took a blood test and we waited.............

This morning she called with the results: His kidneys are shutting down... rapidly.
He also has "spirochete bacteria" in the stool sample and are treating him for that.
He took the pills this am, but promptly vomited back up the liquid meds I gave him :( so we are holding off on those and maybe she will give it to him via injection if he does it again this evening.

All I have been doing these last 48 hours are crying - it is even hard to type right now. Fluffy has been the best cat anyone can ask for. We have never seen him in a bad mood, never has hissed at anyone even a dog he came face to face with once! He sleeps between us every night and I can't fall asleep unless he is there purring.

I could go on and on, but right now I can't (can's see through the tears.........

so with that, I must go now. Please keep my Fluffy in your prayers tonight.

Thank you.

K & L
02-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Bunny I'm so sorry! I know this isn't easy and we're here if you need anything.

jennielynn1970
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Awe... poor Fluffy. I hope that the vet will be able to help, or to help Fluffy to the bridge peacefully. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and Fluffy.

jenluckenbach
02-06-2007, 07:22 PM
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Many prayers that Fluffy's time here is painfree.

We all know how hard it is to say good bye. :(

catmandu
02-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I Wish I Could Say Something Profound To Take The Pain Away.
Its So Very Hard To See Our Beloved Companions Live Out Thier Whole Lives In Front Of Our Eyes And Know That Theres Nothing That We Can Do.
Prayers Are Coming For Your Dear Fluffy, And We Pray For Gods Mercy.

jazzcat
02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm so sorry.

Prayers on the way for sweet Fluffy.

Catty1
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
It's a heartbreak...give Fluffy some kisses for me.

He had SO much love, never had a better home than with you! You were his blessings, as he was one to you.

{{{{hugs}}}}

You know we are all here for you and Fluffy.

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 08:13 PM
((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) and prayers for Fluffy! I'm so sorry! :(

Zippy
02-06-2007, 08:19 PM
I am so sorry.I will keep you and Fluffy in my prayers.
(((((HUGS)))))

Catlady711
02-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Prayers from me and my kitties to you!

I feel so bad for you and Fluffy. Take comfort in the 20 years he's had that he might not have had with another owner not willing to do all you've done for him over the years. 20 is a ripe old age for a cat and speaks highly of the great care you've given him over the years. Fluffy has been one lucky kitty to have found you for an owner!

God Bless

catnapper
02-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I am so sorry. Many warm prayers coming your way. (((HUGS)))

Laura's Babies
02-06-2007, 10:09 PM
My prayers were said with tears.... I am so sorry, I know how bad this hurts... (((((HUGS))))) Please give him a kiss for me.

rosethecopycat
02-06-2007, 10:34 PM
May she be with you as long as she wishes.

Twenty years old is an accomplishment.

The Circle of Life.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Aww Bunny, I am so sorry...... :( . I know that 20 years is a long time, but it is always so hard to loose a loved one, no matter the age... :(
Hugs to you and sweet Fluffy!

Barbara
02-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Bunny I'm so sorry- 20 years! That's more than you experience with many humans you became friends with.

But I am sure these were 20 happy years for Fluffy.
I wish you strength for the way you have to go.

{{{{{{Hugs }}}}}

orangemm
02-07-2007, 04:22 AM
I am so sad to hear about Fluffy; our hearts get heavy when a beloved family member starts failing and there is little we can do but be there for him.

You gave Fluffy a wonderful life full of love and tender care, don't forget that. Twenty years is a long time for a cat to survive, and that's mainly because of your devotion.

Cherish every moment you have with him, love him with all your heart, and be there when it's time to cross to the RB.

we'll all be here for you........((((hugs)))) :(

phesina
02-07-2007, 05:35 AM
I am so very sorry. I am saying prayers for you and your beloved Fluffy.

Hugs,
Pat

catfamily
02-07-2007, 05:58 AM
This is so sad.I'm sending heartwarming prayers to you Dearest Fluffy. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Oh Bunny, I'm so sorry! I know exactly what you're going through and I know it's no fun. :(

However, like everyone has mentioned, 20 years, 20 good long years. I know it's hard right now, but please try to find solace in that fact.

{{{hugs}}}

momtomany
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I am so sorry and lots of prayers for you and Fluffy have been said.

krazyaboutkatz
02-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Bunny, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You're all in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. (((HUGS)))

catlover4ever
02-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I so sorry to hear about Fluffy. I know what you are going through. It is so difficult to watch out babies when they are so sick.

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way immediately. (((HUGS))) Meg

Karen
02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Still in our prayers.

lisalee
02-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm so sorry what you are going through right now. Fluffy sounds like a wonderful kitty and I'm praying for him and for you right now.

Donnaj4962
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Many prayers coming from me and the girls here in Indiana. My Tabitha is 18 (19 in June) so I know what you are going through, with Fluffy being 20! It's so hard to see them getting slower in all that they do.

Please keep us posted. (((hugs))) to you and Fluffy.

Randi
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm so sorry for what Fluffy and you are going through now. :( :(

You're in my thoughts.

((((((hugs))))))

AbbyMom
02-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Prayers and warm thoughts for you and Fluffy. Many of us have been through this and understand...and remember.

Medusa
02-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Watching our furbabies get sick is so painful for us, too. And renal failure is something that many of us are all too familiar with. If Fluffy's care is palliative and you can live w/that, then hopefully, you'll have some quality time together. If you have to help Fluffy to the RB, then please know that we're right there w/you, helping you every step of the way. Here's wishing you all peace.

Blessings,
Mary

dab_20
02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweetie. Fluffy has had a good, long life, and probably a very happy and content one. Just keep that in mind... I know how hard it is to see your furbabes get sick like that. Everyone is here for you... my thoughts are with you and Fluffy. (((HUGS)))

Reachoutrescue
02-07-2007, 11:02 PM
I am so sorry about Fluffy. I know this must be hard for you. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

sprokett
02-08-2007, 03:54 AM
It's a heartbreak...give Fluffy some kisses for me.

He had SO much love, never had a better home than with you! You were his blessings, as he was one to you.

{{{{hugs}}}}

You know we are all here for you and Fluffy.

DITTO!!

Poor fluffy

CultureJunky
02-08-2007, 05:23 AM
Prayers on the way for Fluffy, I hope he is not in pain and has a precious time with love and care on his way to the bridge.

Catsnclay
02-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow I cannot believe all the prayers & thoughts that have come our way!!

Thank you SO very much !!!!

It must have worked because Fluffy seems to be doing much better today!! Yippee!!

I think the pills, liquids and IV fluids all took effect, and brought my "old" man back to life!!

He is actually up & walking around right now, meowing for food!

It is truly unbelivable the powers of PT's prayers! :cool:

The vet did tell me that when everything did kick in I might see a good change, but she also warned me that it could be temporary, so............... let's hope for the best!!

Again, thank you everyone here!! My Fluffy thanks you too!!

Medusa
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Yay! Glad to hear Fluffy is doing better. Yep, PT prayers definitely do work. We can all attest to that.

Blessings,
Mary

kimlovescats
02-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Aww Bunny, that is wonderful! :D

catfamily
02-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Great News.PT prayers and great care mix well for longer life! :)

slick
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I have not replied to this thread until now but I want you to know that I've been reading, and praying, and reading some more and saying some more prayers.

Isn't is wonderful when you see your furbabies feel better?? For the short-term?? I think not. These PT prayers will be around for as long as it takes. You must be ecstatic!!! :)

Big hugs to you Bunny and gentle headbumpies to that old man. I'm sure Fluffy will be around for some time yet.

Barbara
02-08-2007, 02:27 PM
As Filou has kidney failure I have been watching all other kitties and the developments around here with eagle eyes- I have the impression that after the first crisis quite often you get a real good quality period of time.

And that's what we want: life quality for Fluffy and just a little bit more time :)

jenluckenbach
02-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I am so glad to hear that Fluff is feeling better. All the more time for you to love on him. :)

Laura's Babies
02-08-2007, 02:45 PM
CHEERS OF JOY!!! I have watched thread waiting for a update. Thanks for letting us know!

Catty1
02-08-2007, 03:13 PM
WOW!!! That is SUCH great news...I was afraid of what the update was.

Hugs to Fluffy!!!! :D

Randi
02-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm so glad to to see this update about Fluffy! :) What a great change! Give him all the lovíng you can... I'm sure you do already. :) And give him some gentle headbumpies and kisses from Fister and me too.

catmandu
02-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Thats So Great That Fluffy Is Feeling Better.
I Had A Few Scares With Smokey About That Age, But Then Like Fluffy He Got His Second Wind, And He Lived For 4 More Years.
He Hope You Have Fluffy For As Long As You Can.
Nows The Time To Spoil That Senior Kittyzen.

carole
02-08-2007, 04:29 PM
What wonderful news, maybe Fluffy is not ready to leave you yet for the RB,keep strong Fluffy , we are all rooting for you,Hugs to you and I sure hope Fluffy continues to stablise and hopefully even improve. :)

phesina
02-08-2007, 06:54 PM
What wonderful news, Bunny! Hugs and purrs and blessings to you and Fluffy. We are saying prayers of gratitude now.

Love,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

krazyaboutkatz
02-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Bunny, I'm so glad to hear this wonderful update. I hope that Fluffy continues to do well.:)

CultureJunky
02-09-2007, 05:36 AM
Well done fluffy! Good on you for being so strong.
It really is the power of thought, all those PT minds coming together with good wishes and prayers and making a difference.

Kirsten
02-09-2007, 12:05 PM
I just read this thread and my heart broke for you and Fluffy when I read your first post, but I was happy to see that he was doing better yesterday. How is he doing today?

I sure hope that you will still have some time together!!

I'll keep Fluffy in my thoughts, and hope that he will recover from this crisis!

Kirsten

Catsnclay
02-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I just want everyone to know that Fluffy is really doing much better! It has been a week now, and boy what a week! :rolleyes:

We really thought that this was "his time", we cried a lot and gave him a lot of kissies - guess that and all the PT prayers & thoughts really worked!

Fluffy seems to be back to his old self! :D He is now meowing when he is hungry and demanding food! His bathroom habits are back to normal - yes I had to check :eek: and even Lucky & Yoshi are going near him. Had to yell at Lucky today for starting a fight with Fluffy - yep, they are back to normal.

Except for..................

Yoshi. :mad: Seems my little pee-boy is at it again. :mad: Went to pick up the rug in front of the litter box to shake it out, and when I picked it up - it was soaking wet from........PEE!!!!

YOSHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You BAD boy!!!!!!! You are making mommy crazy!!!!!! :rolleyes:

momcat
02-11-2007, 02:30 PM
What a relief to hear that Fluffy is his own sweet self again. Prayers being prayed that his improvement continues minus any further problems. Poor Yoshi, come on sweetie and use your litterbox? Your Meowmie loves you so please don't make her worry about you, okay?

Barbara
02-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey Yoshi- you have to accept that Mom now was there for Fluffy- he needed it. She loves you just the same.
Great to hear that Fluffy eats: that's the main thing for kidney kitties- not to lose weight.
What a wonderful great old man Fluffy is :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Bunny, I'm so glad to hear that Fluffy is back to normal and is doing so well.:)

I can relate to your pee boy except that mine is runny poo diarrhea boy and he'll sometimes even poop on the carpet.:( Yes, it's one of Yoshi's cousins Starr. I hope that Yoshi will calm down and start using the litterbox again.

rg_girlca
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm very happy to hear that Fluffy has made a turn around and doing much better now. :)

YOSHI!!!!! The PEE goes in the litterbox my dear, NOT on the carpet or floor.
Please be a good boy and go in the box for meowmie. She has enough to worry about with Fluffy, she doesn't need to worry about you also. Can't you give her a break?

kb2yjx
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
I just had the time to read this thread today, WOW! What great news that Fluffy is doing so well.Prayers for his continued wellness....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm so glad to hear Fluffy is doing so much better - wonderful news! :)

I know the power of PT prayers well, and I can see they came to Fluffy's rescue like they did for Tubby and Peanut. :)