PDA

View Full Version : bad car accident

davidpizzica
02-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Last sunday afternoon I was involved in a bad traffic accident. I was going through the intersection on green and a guy decided to run the red light! He crashed into my driver's side front door and basically pushed in the side of my cobalt in. I just came back from the hospital where I was treated for three broken ribs. I think my guardian angel was working overtime to keep me from further injury. The cobalt was totalled and I have to go car shopping again! I'm getting a rental car when I can drive again (I can't drive now because of my ribs). The other driver is okay and there was hardly any damage to his Acura.

CathyBogart
02-06-2007, 05:48 PM
EEEYIKES!!! I'm so glad to hear that nobody was seriously injured!!

wolflady
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Gosh, what was that idiot thinking? :mad: I'm glad that you're ok, David, but that must have been pretty scary! 3 broken ribs? Ouch! I hope you're feeling ok!

**hugs**

DrKym
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Oh My David! I am so sorry to hear you were hurt, but so glad it is nothing major! (not that ribs aren't but they aren't life threatening)

How are you feeling now? Any better?

lizbud
02-06-2007, 06:13 PM
That sounds like one scary experience. :( I am glad you weren't more
seriously injured. Hope you get healed up soon.

davidpizzica
02-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh My David! I am so sorry to hear you were hurt, but so glad it is nothing major! (not that ribs aren't but they aren't life threatening)

How are you feeling now? Any better?
My ribs really hurt when I take a sharp breath and I have to watch how I breathe, but I'm doing better now.

cassiesmom
02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
That sounds like one scary experience. :( I am glad you weren't more seriously injured. Hope you get healed up soon.

agree completely

davidpizzica
02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Gosh, what was that idiot thinking? :mad: I'm glad that you're ok, David, but that must have been pretty scary! 3 broken ribs? Ouch! I hope you're feeling ok!

**hugs**
He wasn"t thinking at all! He tried to beat the light! My ribs are still pretty painful, but the doctor was more concerned about mt partially collapsed lung. The lung is all right now.

binka_nugget
02-06-2007, 06:58 PM
EEK! I'm so glad you're okay David.

elizabethann
02-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Oh no. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. Did you have side air bags? If not, you may want to consider them when you purchase your next car. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Laura's Babies
02-06-2007, 07:18 PM
:eek: OH MY GOSH! I am SO glad you are alright!! I was hoping you had witnessed a bad wreck, not been in one! I am so sorry! Geez, that is scarey as all get out! THANK GOD you are alright!

davidpizzica
02-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh no. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. Did you have side air bags? If not, you may want to consider them when you purchase your next car. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
No, this car didn't. When I get my next car, maybe the 2007's will have them.

Cinder & Smoke
02-06-2007, 07:19 PM
:eek:

OUWCHIE!! :(

Be REALLY CAREFUL if/when you venture out & about - watch your footing
so you don't slip and or "jar" your ribs!

Have you got someone to run errands / buy food / give you a hand ~ till things mend?

Take GOOD Care of youself for a while!!

{{{HUGS}}} ... maybe not a good idea ... *toss* ya a {{{Cyber-Hug}}}

;)

Karen
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank goodness you were not more badly injured. You will be in our prayers, as busted ribs are a painful and slow healing process. Thank goodness it's the "off" season for lawn-mowing at the club, eh?

davidpizzica
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
:eek:

OUWCHIE!! :(

Be REALLY CAREFUL if/when you venture out & about - watch your footing
so you don't slip and or "jar" your ribs!

Have you got someone to run errands / buy food / give you a hand ~ till things mend?

Take GOOD Care of youself for a while!!

{{{HUGS}}} ... maybe not a good idea ... *toss* ya a {{{Cyber-Hug}}}

;)
Phred, my two brothers are running around taking care of all the insurance matters and are doing the grocery shopping.

critter crazy
02-06-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh David, iam so glad that you are home and mending!! I sure hope you heal quickly! Best wishes to you!

Kalei
02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Holy cow! I sure am glad you are okay. And I hope your ribs are healing good, I had a fractured rib from falling off a galloping horse once, not fun at all, it can hurt badly.

Pembroke_Corgi
02-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you had an accident! I'm glad to hear that you are ok though. Take it easy!

mike001
02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Sorry doesn't seem good enough. I broke three front ribs and two back ones after my horse took a flip and fell on top of me. Believe me, the doctor tells you that you have to cough so you don't get pneumonia. So every day you practice this by holding your ribs and tears rolling down your cheeks. When you have to get up to go potty, you would rather just pee the bed...lol...
It took 6 mos for me to get permission to ride again and I was still hurting.
So I hope you will mend fast and as painfree as possible, you sure have my sympathy, just glad it wasn't worse. Let's hope the idiot who ran the light got what he deserved. :eek:

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh David, that is just awful! Thank GOD you weren't hurt worse than you were! Broken ribs and a collapsed lung were nothing to take lightly! Please do take it easy and don't overdo!!! I'm glad your family is helping you out!

((((gentle hugs))))
Kim

Catty1
02-06-2007, 09:05 PM
David, I do hope you heal soon. Did your doc say to get extra calcium/magnesium? (I'm not sure that includes gallons of ice cream but what the heck!)

But seriously - I've heard that is supposed to help.

Is the other driver being charged? Will his insurance help you get another car?

GENTLE hugs!

Daisy and Delilah
02-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear this, David!! :( Broken ribs are certainly no picnic. It's very painful. I've had several broken ribs over the years. I know how much you loved your Cobalt too. This just plain stinks :( Take it easy. Maybe now you can spend more time on PT while recovering.

davidpizzica
02-06-2007, 11:12 PM
David, I do hope you heal soon. Did your doc say to get extra calcium/magnesium? (I'm not sure that includes gallons of ice cream but what the heck!)

But seriously - I've heard that is supposed to help.

Is the other driver being charged? Will his insurance help you get another car?

GENTLE hugs!
Be gentle with those [[[[HUGS]]]]! His insurance will pay for a brand-new Cobalt! At this point I'll try anything! Ice cream sounds good right now!

Lady's Human
02-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Just a suggestion..........

A little Ice cream/vicodin therapy?

Cracked ribs a few years ago, DAMN those hurt.

davidpizzica
02-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Just a suggestion..........

A little Ice cream/vicodin therapy?

Cracked ribs a few years ago, DAMN those hurt.
LH, where's Orc's remote? I can use his services right now! Getting up to go to the bathroom is now a major undertaking!

AmberLee
02-06-2007, 11:37 PM
OMG!!!

So glad you are on the mend now. Since {{{hugs}}} are probably too painful, I'l just send ~~~ healing vibes ~~~. The fur kids send >^._.^< healing purrs >^._.^<

caseysmom
02-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Sounds like you have more than a new car coming to you, not to sound crass but don't sign any settlement they offer until you make sure you can work and are okay.

davidpizzica
02-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Sounds like you have more than a new car coming to you, not to sound crass but don't sign any settlement they offer until you make sure you can work and are okay.
my broters are working on the insurance end of this. They'll make sure I don't sign anything until they approve it.

Freedom
02-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Oh dear me!!! Glad to hear that you are ont he mend and have wonderful brothers assisting you. Ice cream DOES sound good, best wishes for a speedy full recovery!

gini
02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Goodness sakes David - I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Those ribs must be pretty sore. Take good care of yourself and I hope you mend soon.

Randi
02-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh David, I'm so sorry to hear this. Broken ribs are certainly no fun, not to mention your lungs. :(

I'm glad that this other guy's insurance is gonna pay for your new car, and you have brothers to help you out.

Take it easy and get better!

Sending gentle hugs and healing vibes. :)

Jadapit
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Yikes! I'm so glad your ok. Feel better soon. {{{Hugs}}}

ramanth
02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Ouch! I was hit last March on the passenger side and that certainly jarred things up. I can't imagine getting hit on the drivers side. :( :(

I hope you heal quickly.

pitc9
02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
OUCH!!
I hope you're feeling better soon!
Take it easy!!

davidpizzica
02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Ouch! I was hit last March on the passenger side and that certainly jarred things up. I can't imagine getting hit on the drivers side. :( :(

I hope you heal quickly.
He couldn't have hit me more square in the driver's door. The impact pushed the door into my ribs.

momoffuzzyfaces
02-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Gosh, David, I'm glad you will be ok.

Maybe you should consider buying a tank for your next set of wheels!!! :eek:

Husky_mom
02-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh God!!......too bad for the ribs (Iīve heard they are such a pain in the behind) but luckily it was nothing more serious, adn more luckily the other person was there.........

I was involved in a same situation (nothing happened to us beside being spinning from the hit) but the guy ran off!!!.......I had insurance but why did I had to pay when I did nothing AT ALL!!!!

I canīt believe people going through reds........do they think they are alone in the world?.......can they consider the possibility of other cars going on green at the other side?? :rolleyes:

anyway sending good healing vibes your way, very but very gentle hugs

carole
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Bro i have sent you a PM, but just know how glad i am that you are ok, you must just rest now and take it easy and let those ribs heal my friend, so sorry this had to happen to you , and that you are in pain, a very gentle but big hug from me to you. :)

Husky_mom
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM

thatīs exactly what my hubby said after we went through the same.......LOL

davidpizzica
02-07-2007, 05:35 PM

connie, maybe a sherman tank then NOBODY will mess with me!!

davidpizzica
02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh God!!......too bad for the ribs (Iīve heard they are such a pain in the behind) but luckily it was nothing more serious, adn more luckily the other person was there.........

I was involved in a same situation (nothing happened to us beside being spinning from the hit) but the guy ran off!!!.......I had insurance but why did I had to pay when I did nothing AT ALL!!!!

I canīt believe people going through reds........do they think they are alone in the world?.......can they consider the possibility of other cars going on green at the other side?? :rolleyes:

anyway sending good healing vibes your way, very but very gentle hugs
I was so glad there was a reliable eyewitness there to assure me it wasn't my fault and she stayed with me until the paramedics arrived. May God bless her!!

Zippy
02-07-2007, 06:26 PM
My gosh :eek:
Thank God that you didn't get badly hurt.Feel Better Soon.
People have got to remember cars are deadly weapons.

#1Wolflover
02-07-2007, 06:30 PM
ouch!!! broken ribs, sounds painful, I sure hope you get better soon! :D

cyber-sibes
02-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Oh David, I just saw this! How scarey! I hope your feeling better soon. We just don't realize how much we use our ribs (for little things, like breathing). Good thing your brothers are there to help. Sending you healing vibes...

momoffuzzyfaces
02-08-2007, 11:57 AM
connie, maybe a sherman tank then NOBODY will mess with me!!
Well, David, you can name it anything you want. Just make sure it's a BIG one!!! ;) :D

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Daisy and Delilah
02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Are you doing any better, David? Are you still working? I hope you're getting better :)

davidpizzica
02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Are you doing any better, David? Are you still working? I hope you're getting better :)
I felt a little better today, but my ribs are still very painful. I won't be driving for at least 3 weeks (nothing to drive!) As far as work is concerned I won't doing that for a while. either. This idiot did a job on my ribs!

Lady's Human
02-08-2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.oldcartrader.com/ocdetail46507.htm

Check out that for a new car, David.

May not get good mileage, but I'm willing to bet that 1/2" plate steel would be great in a crash!

davidpizzica
02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.oldcartrader.com/ocdetail46507.htm

Check out that for a new car, David.

May not get good mileage, but I'm willing to bet that 1/2" plate steel would be great in a crash!
LH, I think the gas mileage would stink, but I'll be able to drive on any road and highway I want to!

joycenalex
02-08-2007, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=Lady's Human]http://www.oldcartrader.com/ocdetail46507.htm

i have fantasized for YEARS about getting a tank to drive on I-270 here in columbus. oh man do i want this....oh honey...valentines' is coming....

Dorothy39
02-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh My Lord David P!!! I've just now been able to reply on this thread about the ACCIDENT!! Man Oh Man, that's Scarey Stuff!!!

I'm soooooo glad that you are still with us Pal~ but sorry that you are in such miserable pain~ OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

***Gentle Hugs of course**** I'm so glateful to know that you are Okay :o

DJFyrewolf36
02-09-2007, 02:56 AM
I haven't been on much lately so I just saw this! I'm glad you are ok and recovering, hopefully the insurance claim will go smoothly.