PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Times

cassiesmom
02-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Has anyone on Pet Talk ever been to the Medieval Times? I've been invited but I have a question before I reply. I've never been there and I don't know anyone that has. I've heard it's fun. Are their horses well cared for? Because if they aren't, then I'm not sure I want to go. Thank you in advance!

GreyhoundGirl
02-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I was there once. I thought it was way too cool. The horses were beautiful, but I really couldn't tell you weather they were well cared for. It was a couple years ago I went and I don't remember if we saw the horses close up.

Sorry, not very helpful. :o

My Peanuts
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I have been and I love it! Actually if you are going to the one in Schaumburg, you will be right by where I work :D

To be honest, I'm sure about the horses, but they seem to be happy. I'd think they were ok because they are not freaked out by loud noises what so ever.

Almita
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
I've never been i went to something but it was the renniassance. which is earlier i think.

Vermontcat
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
I went to the Medieval Times in Baltimore, Maryland last spring and loved it! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/DC%20trip/medtimes.jpg

It was a very cool Dinner & Tournament with beautiful Andalusian Horses and handsome knights.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/DC%20trip/knights2.jpg

The knight our section was cheering for won, he was the cute one in red and yellow. He even tossed a flower to my daughter.

Here is a link with more info, for me just seeing the horses perform alone was worth it but the whole show was amazing and we all had a great time there!

Medieval Times (http://www.medievaltimes.com/index2.htm)

On the link you can click on "The Show" then click on "Our Horses" for more information about their beautiful Andalusian horses. They are very well taken care of and very well trained. Before the show we also talked to the man who performed with the falcon and we were very impressed with how well trained and cared for the bird was.
You really should go, you will love it, it's a lot of fun! :D

Sirrahsim
02-06-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't mean to hijack, but does anyone know if this is something that I could bring Tyler to? My husband and I would really like to go before the baby is born but we don't have a sitter or anything yet.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-07-2007, 03:19 AM
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH !! We went to this in Florida in 1995! It was FUN!!
It was so darn great to see my hubby with a blue crown on his head, him who always refuses to put anything on his head :rolleyes: :p . My niece even got the rose from our blue knight!!

Oh Missy, it is great for kids! Tyler will have so much fun! He may eat all the food with his hands ( so does everybody !!) , and isn't that something all kids love to do?!! ;) . Just be sure to tell him that all the fighting is fake, just a game :)

dukedogsmom
02-07-2007, 04:53 AM
I haven't been there but I have been to Arabian Nights (http://www.arabiannights.com/) I love that place! They take great care of the horses, too. I would love to work there. Would be so much fun caring for all of those beautiful horses and seeing behind the scenes things.

CathyBogart
02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I think it would be great for Tyler! It's noisy and boiterous and messy and pure FUN!

Lobodeb
02-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I've been to the one in Schaumburg and also had a great time. I also can't vouch for the horses' care, but they were beautiful.

I think Tyler would love it. Look, Ma, no forks! :D

Sirrahsim
02-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Woot! We'll be going in a few weeks :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Woot! We'll be going in a few weeks :)

Have fun!! I wish I could join you :D

GreyhoundGirl
02-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I was at the one in Toronto. I forgot there is more than one. :p

Donnaj4962
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
I have been to the one in Schaumburg several times, and also the one in Florida! They are great fun! Be sure to get there early (before the show starts) so that you can look at the horses and enjoy the mini museum of Medieval artifacts!

I don't know how they treat the horses, but I am certain there are no problems. Just imagine what would happen if there was mistreatment and it leaked to the press!

I am sure young children would enjoy it.... as this "big kid" had a great time! ;)

cassiesmom
02-07-2007, 05:08 PM
I looked at the Web site that Vermontcat suggested. It looks like Medieval Times is really good to their horses. They breed and raise them (Andalusian horses) on their own farm down in Texas- they don't hire someone else for that. They microchip them, too. Then the horses learn the skills they need and perform for a few years. When it is time to retire, back to the farm in Texas, and they resume taking care of the horses down there. I'll try to take pictures of them.

When I was in high school we took my grandmother to see the Tempel Lipizzan horses- I remember how strong and massive they were and how beautifully they moved.

Thank you, everyone!

My Peanuts
02-07-2007, 05:17 PM
I am so jealous, I wanted to go last month for my birthday, but I didn't. I think I'm long overdue to go! :D