PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Astronaut charged in kidnapping case.

RICHARD
02-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Our heores are falling....

I'd expect it from anyone else except an astronaut...

A U.S. astronaut was charged in a kidnapping plot...she was involved in a
'love triangle"...

Kinda appropriate for February/valentine's day?

During the proceedings she was labeld as a 'non-flight risk'..
Uh...she's an astronaut and she flies....DUH?

She also has to have a GPS bracelet so they can track her movements.
Could she have one of her fellow astronauts tweak a satellite so she can go where ever she can?

One of the lawyers said that there was no place she could go to to flee...
I wonder if NASA will check the shuttle for stowaways next time?

Since mobsters make their enemies "sleep with the fishes", would an astronaut make their victims "fly with the birdies"???? :confused:

areias
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Here is the news story.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/06/astronaut.arrested/index.html

She's ridiculous. She drove from Houston, TX to Orlando, FL (in diapers so she wouldn't have to stop!) to pepper spray the woman that was involved into "talking to her". And she had rubber tubing, a steal mallet, pellet gun, a knife with her. I think she wanted to do more than "talk" to her!

Why would you jeopordize your chances of being an astronaut for a man? -sigh-....I guess at least for her, love knows no boundries. :p

Queen of Poop
02-06-2007, 03:44 PM
All of that PLUS, she is a married mom with 3 kids and she's 43 years old.

What the heck was she thinking???

cyber-sibes
02-06-2007, 04:13 PM
All of that PLUS, she is a married mom with 3 kids and she's 43 years old. What the heck was she thinking???All I can say is "space cadet"! :eek:

lvpets2002
02-06-2007, 04:39 PM
:o No dought she was Not Thinking about nothing but Herself.. I was just so stunned.. I mean this is to be a very smart women.. I think she had to have a brain cell snap or something.. I fell so sorry for her husband & kids.. :(
All of that PLUS, she is a married mom with 3 kids and she's 43 years old.

What the heck was she thinking???

elizabethann
02-06-2007, 07:11 PM
This story is so bizarre. Those astronaut's go through tough physical & mental training & tests and I just couldn't figure out how the shrinks couldn't see something in her that made them question her sanity.

On t.v. tonight, someone mentioned that she may of had a brain tumor or some kind of sudden by-polar issue to make her do this.

That's the only thing I can think of. I just don't get it. It will be interesting to hear what happens with the investigation.

Cataholic
02-06-2007, 09:40 PM
This story is so bizarre. Those astronaut's go through tough physical & mental training & tests and I just couldn't figure out how the shrinks couldn't see something in her that made them question her sanity.

I said that to one of the attorneys at work! The screening she went through! Sheesh....

rosethecopycat
02-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Check out the mug shot! :eek:

Belongs on SNL's celebrity mugshot poker.

:p

RICHARD
02-07-2007, 03:28 AM
can you hear me major tom?
Can you hear as I'm floating in my tin can
far above the world.
Planet earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.....

David Bowie.

Pam
02-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Her brain must have been taken over by aliens. :rolleyes:

borzoimom
02-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Can you hear as I'm floating in my tin can
far above the world.
Planet earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.....

David Bowie.
Ground control to Major Tom... lol
This is surprising- all the tests as mentioned- and no one had a clue?? Its really scary.
Some relationships are not mentally healthy for people- but considering the family etc is all claiming they are shocked by this and the tests as mentioned she took- this really gives someone pause with those around you... lol..

RICHARD
02-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Her brain must have been taken over by aliens. :rolleyes:

LOLOLOL,

You almost hit the nail on the head.

Someone suggested that she has a brain tumor brought on by space flight.

------------

BM,

You only undergo psych tests at the beginning of your 'astronut' stint-
I think I heard you get a one hour test before a flight.

------------

I have to roll my eyes about all the bad jokes from the media.....

"houston, we have a problem?" :rolleyes:

---------------

How many of US would lie oir hide a problem to go to space?

ME! ME! ME! ME!

and finally,

Did you notice the "It wasn't a romantic relationship" comment in the press.

Yep, blame the poor gal...Mr Major Tom leads this poor girl on in some way and this happens...

HE is one that should be analyzed....

He is probably to blame for all this.....Parking HIS SPACE SHUTTLE in garages all over Houston.... ;)

RICHARD
02-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Since no one noticed , the space based Female astronaut in the SS set the space walk record for women.

She did it wearing a diaper and she traveled more miles than the ground based one did. :confused:

DrKym
02-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Since no one noticed , the space based Female astronaut in the SS set the space walk record for women.

She did it wearing a diaper and she traveled more miles than the ground based one did. :confused:

Thanks Richard, now i need to wash my brain with Listermind to remove that visual.......................................... :rolleyes: