PDA

View Full Version : Spay time for Moxie, prayers please *UPDATE*

jazzcat
02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Little Miss Moxie Moo will be going in tomorrow for her spay. She's a little over 5 months old now so the time is here. She also has a lump on her back right leg that I just discovered this weekend. I have no idea how long it's been there or what it could be except it is in the area she was given her vaccination in Dec. It doesn't seem to bother her unless you press on it too much.

Please say a prayer for my little girl that she comes through this fine. I also feel sorry for Decker because he seems lost without her and she will be gone from early Wed. morning until Thursday afternoon.

I'll be out with my Dad most of the day tomorrow but will post an update when I get home.

Here are a few shots of Moxie in her new sleeping spot inside the paper shredder basket.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/1-2007/be1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/1-2007/be2.jpg

With Decker.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/1-2007/be9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/1-2007/6.jpg

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Prayers for little Miss Moxie! I'm sure she will do just fine! Hope the knot is nothing serious, I'm guessing it is just from the injection she had! ;)

I love the pictures! What a silly girl hiding in the shredder basket. That little Decker sure is gorgeous. He has the shiniest gray fur! :eek:

jazzcat
02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks Kim. Is it common for an injection to leave a knot almost two months later?

catmandu
02-06-2007, 08:00 PM
And I Know That Our Pet Angel Visitation Squad Will Be There With Moxie To Make Sure That Shes All Right.
And We Are Sure That Your Little Girl Will Be All Right And Will Be Home Safe And Sound.

K & L
02-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Good luck little girl, you're in good hands!

Laura's Babies
02-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Prayers for that cute little girl! I love her new sleeping spot!

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Lori, I'm not really sure about that. But I do know that when Dexter had a cortisone shot, it left a big bump for a while .... and scared me to death. Just ask your vet to take a look at it tomorrow! ;)

Scooter's Mom
02-06-2007, 09:54 PM
My Charlie kitty had a knot for a couple of months after his last set of shots. It's all better now though!

Saying prayers for her surgery!

catnapper
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Good luck little girl! I'm sure you'll be up and running within minutes of returning home.... just remember that the vet will tell meowmie that you're supposed to rest for 7 days afterwards so pretend to take it easy for at least a few hours ;)

Freedom
02-07-2007, 08:24 AM
All best wishes being sent for Moxie girl. My, she grew up and reached this stage quickly!!!! Also praying the lump is nothing serious.

lisalee
02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Sending out prayers for sweet little Moxie that everything will go just fine and she will be happily back home with you very soon!

jazzcat
02-07-2007, 03:59 PM
UPDATE: The vet called around lunch time and recommended she remove the lump in Moxie's leg while she was already under so I agreed. She called back about an hour later and said Moxie did just fine and was resting. She said Moxie now has more stitches in her leg than from the spay. :( The vet feels certain it was just a reaction from her vaccinations about 6-7 weeks ago but she said she felt better having it removed and that it just popped right out from under her skin so no muscle was involved. She feels we don't need to biopsy it but she wants to keep a close eye on the area to make sure nothing comes back or we will need to act fast.

Moxie is staying overnight and can come home tomorrow afternoon. I just got home and poor Decker misses her so much. He is so lonely and is currently being velcro and chasing his tail around in my lap.

critter crazy
02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Awww....I am so glad that moxie is doing okay. Glad the vet removed the lump! feel better soon moxie!!!

kimlovescats
02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Poor little Moxie! She's going to really need some Mommy time when she gets home! :( I'm glad your vet was proactive, just to be on the safe side!

HUGS,
Kim

Laura's Babies
02-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Awwww! Can't wait until she gets home and we get to see her!! Poor baby, a sore tummy and leg.... :(