PDA

View Full Version : Boo's vet visit....

Laura's Babies
02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
She is loaded with fleas but I knew that already and didn't want to treat her until we saw the vet.. she has been treated now that we are home..

She has been eating since I got her home, she was 14 pounds there.. My concern about her ears was valid.. no mites but an infection and he seems to think it is allergy related so we got a new diet for her to try. He treated her ears with someething while we were there. She has some tarter on her teeth but nothing to be concerned about, hopefully, tarter control treats will take care of that.

Once we got home, she did NOT want to stay in my room so I let her wander to her hearts delight. She came as far as the hallway/livingroom and saw other cats and was not happy and went back down the hall to check out everything else. Had to snap a few pictures of that so here they are... She is now resting and unhappy about the trip and flea treatment.

She is just the sweetiest girl and seems so happy to be here that I am amazed.. Could she remember me from when I lived with them 6 years ago and reconize Mama's furniture in my bedroom?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2849.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2851.jpg

She was happy with how the bathroom floor felt to lay on and tried several spots, here's one... She purred through her whole checking out the new house adventure.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2853.jpg

catlover4ever
02-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Boo's a happy girl. Glad that she checked out OK with the vet. :)

Grace
02-06-2007, 12:39 PM
She's really pretty, and appears so at ease in your place. What are the reactions from your cats toward her?

Laura's Babies
02-06-2007, 01:28 PM
My babies are never happy that there is another cat in the house and Boo is not happy there are other cats in the house. I think my cats are ruined by my leaving them home when I go to work now, they have the attitude that this house is THEIRS now and they run it! But Boo is always the first to hiss and growl... I have left my bedroom door open in hopes that they will get use to each others scent and the idea there are other/another cat in the house.

I am so thrilled that she is here, Sis has called to see how her vet trip went and she is as excited as I am that things are going to well here with Boo.

jazzcat
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Hope the diet change will help her ears but glad to hear everthing else went well.

Sounds like things are going well enough with her and the others adapting. No major fits, that is always a good sign. My older guys pitch big fits whenever there is a new animal in the house.

Good luck!

catfamily
02-06-2007, 01:44 PM
I know Bo remembers you.Cats have long and short term memory just like humans.Much more than dogs although dogs remember a lot too.But Cats are super smart and she knows your connected to the family.Especially when you visited your mom...they way conversations go back and forth.They know.
I LOVE Bo's face.I don't know...there's something about her...I fell in love with her right when I saw her picture.Send her my way if she doesn't work out ;) :D "kidding....I think.lol"
Although...I know she LOVES it there.She just wants you all to herself.
She shows a lot of love in her face and eyes.It will work.She just needs to know that your love has to be shared with the others too :)
My Lucy and Penny(littermates)have ear infections that just showed up a couple months ago.I've been treating it with Chlotrimazole Solution USP,1%.
Penny needs to be scruffed by Mike while I put it in her ear while she hissess and spits at me,and fights like heck.We can only do her once a day(if that)...I get her while she's sleeping.It's working for both cats.Ears are getting all clear and they seem happier.
I know you can't do that now with Bo...maybe later down the road.Good Luck with your new Girl and I'm so happy she's in good health and happy in her new home.

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Oh Laura ... Boo is such a sweet, sweet girl! I am SO happy that you have her with you now! Your mom would be so thrilled to know this!!!! Thank God her vet check was a good one. Hopefully the new diet will get that ear all fixed up too!

Give Boo some kissies from me!
Hugs,
Kim

phesina
02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
That picture where she's lying on the bathroom floor.. it looks like she's smiling with her mouth open!

Wonderful that the vet check went so well, and even more wonderful that she is becoming part of your household. I'm sure your mom is smiling up there by the bridge.

Hugs,
Pat

catmandu
02-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Thats Great That Boo Is Doing So Well, And Will Soon Be Rid Of Those Pesky Fleas.
Ans Shes Such A Big Beautiful Orangie, That Miquelito And Micheal Have Promised Boo A Dance At The Valentines Day Party.
Bless You For Giving Boo A Gotcha Day.