PDA

View Full Version : Good day to be a Husky!!

pitc9
02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Last night I was visiting my sister and she has a Husky named Yukon.
I get such a laugh out of Yukon because she does not like the cold or snow!
LOL!!
"That's some Husky you have" I always tell her! :D
I put her outside to go potty and the second she got a feel for how cold it was she turned around and stared at us through the glass, so I let her back in!!

Then on my way home, it was 8:30pm and 3 degrees above and I drove past a man Bundled up to his eyes walking his husky!! LOL! The pup was loving life!
It made me smile because he was out there freezing his tail end off but making sure his pup got out for it's walk in the snow!

That's a good Husky owner!
:D

lute
02-06-2007, 10:00 AM
HAHA! That's too funny! I always like seeing responsible owners! I too, am always out walking Gracie...no matter the weather.

elizabethann
02-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Yukon's a Florida Husky. :D

cyber-sibes
02-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Yup, it's husky weather! :rolleyes: I took mine to the dogpark yesterday (wind chill was -20 F.) and those two goofs chased each other around for a good half hour, then sat on the snow. Star started playing with a frozen ball she found, and Sherman came over & laid next to her in the snow. They looked so happy, I hated to break it up, but my fingers & toes were freezing!

TFTpwnsYou
02-06-2007, 12:51 PM
LOL! That's almost like water dog not liking water...lol.

borzoimom
02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Yukon's a Florida Husky. :D
ROFLMBO- sounds like it to me.. lol..

mike001
02-06-2007, 01:16 PM
That is too funny, I have a small pom that goes potty outside in -38c. He would put that husky to shame, ha ha. I always thought Husky's preferred the outdoors and loved snow....guess I was wrong. :D

Husky15
02-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Now that is funny! And it's great to see some responsible owners. :D

Kfamr
02-06-2007, 02:15 PM
And I thought Nebo was a weird Husky!

Husky_mom
02-06-2007, 02:34 PM
haha........I´ve seen my dogs stretching out while laying in the snow and staying that way........like..........ooh....soooo cooool........ haha

anyway gotta LOVE those Huskies even if they don´t like snow ;)

Glacier
02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Silly Yukon!

When we lived down south, I used to take Muskwa and Earle to a dog park every day. When it was cold, the park would be empty, except for about 15 huskies! Only the husky owners showed up on cold days. We'd all be half frozen and the dogs would be racing around like lunatics!

cyber-sibes
02-06-2007, 04:05 PM
haha........I´ve seen my dogs stretching out while laying in the snow and staying that way........like..........ooh....soooo cooool........ ;)You've gotten snow there? Shucks, I was planning to send Yukon a ticket to Mexico so she could get warm!

dukedogsmom
02-07-2007, 05:28 AM
That's a quirky husky, not liking snow. I don't know if I could be so dedicated in that cold weather. I've got to admire that guy, though.

cloverfdx
02-07-2007, 06:46 AM
That is great :D.

TFTpwnsYou
LOL! That's almost like water dog not liking water...lol.
I know a couple of Toller's who don't swim.. funniest sight.

anna_66
02-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Cute story Angie. Made me smile this morning:D

We've finally gotten some snow and Roxey is loving it. She loves nothing better than to get out and lay in the snow.

Husky_mom
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
You've gotten snow there? Shucks, I was planning to send Yukon a ticket to Mexico so she could get warm!

actually we only had a couple inches for like two days......adn now it´s warm again......you can be on short sleeves and be just fine until the sun comes down then it gets a bit colder but not that freezing cold.........send her over......we´ll be gladly waiting for her, just remember only buy a ONE way ticket ;)