PDA

View Full Version : I feel so bad :(

angelbow20
02-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Gracie the mother dog of the puppies we have has been crying the last couple days because she misses her babies. I feel horrible, I cant let her with them because she lets them nurse and they arent to be nursing anymore, she needs to be drying out now and the vet doesnt want them nursing also. My dad took her whelping puppy box out today and she has been laying in the area and looking at me crying and then searches for the pups. she is so cute when she plays with them but now I cant even let her around them because all they want is her milk and she doesnt push them off or anything and they are 7 weeks old now.... I wish there was something I could do to make her happy it even brings tears to my eyes.

elizabethann
02-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Poor Gracie. I don't know what you can do. I have no experience with birthing dogs. Can you give her a blanket that has the puppies scent on it? Maybe that would make her feel better?

borzoimom
02-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Give her some red raspberry. You can get those capsules at any drug store or even walmart- that will help move her hormone system along.. For a dog of her size a full capsule twice a day for two days then down to a 1/2 for 4 days..