PDA

View Full Version : Car seat installation checks

Sirrahsim
02-05-2007, 08:29 PM
If you have not had your car seat installed and/or inspected by a professional youc an find your nearest safety check location by going to the link below. In most cases it should be your local fire station. If you don't get any listings near you, you can always call your local fire station (at the non emergency number! :p ) and they wil lbe able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.seatcheck.org/

Cataholic
02-06-2007, 10:31 AM
WAH!! I am so super excited to see that you posted this. It causes me such great concern.

I did find it was hard to get into a testing facility...the times are often restricted to one day a week. And, at least here, you have to go to the fire district where you live!

Lobodeb
02-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks for posting this, Missy!

I will definitely get Hugito's car seat checked.

Cookiebaker
02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
thanks for posting this!! We just got our carseat installed on Monday. The hospital we go to has a "rule" that you have to have it installed by a professional (either there at the hospital or at the fire dept.) and the proper paperwork filled out before they let baby go home. It is so reassuring because now I know that it is installed correctly and that Mark is also trained by the professional to know how to install it himself for the next time. :cool: