PDA

View Full Version : a small Rant , since only PTers will understand

DrKym
02-05-2007, 01:58 PM
:rolleyes:

In the past 2 weeks, with the flu I have still had visitors to see the foster kids.

Now they are here to meet their new dog with high hopes, it is my job to screen them and get a "feel" for them before a home visit is made.
No Problem.
I have however in the past 2 weeks dealt with some comments that make me wonder how some people have survived this long, without killing themselves in a Darwin award type manner.

One gentleman who accompanied his grown daughter and son in law, after seeing the dogs, promptly explained to his family that teaching them will be difficult , as this breed will explode their brain if they learn too much as their skulls are too small to fit a large brain.

Another gentleman patiently explained to me that allowing my cat to sleep on my sons will result in the kids getting worms.

A very nice lady asked me what I do with all the money I get from adoption fees.( I get none, it goes to the rescue) As my walls could use painting!

A teenage girl who was with her mom, asked me, quite calmly if she was to open the birds cage would the cats eat them? She saw that once and it was cool.

I had a very nice lady ask me if she is approved can she sell the dog to a friend who wants a guard dog............................

Nothing personal, but none of these people passed. Oh and I didn't mention the one that said the dog won't fit as he was hoping it would kill the cats in his garden, so mine aren't what he was looking for.

Ok rant done and I think I am taking a week off from people :rolleyes:

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
KYM- AS STATED BY YOU- I can also see why these people have survived this long on Darwins .. lol...
I use to feel the same way but not this bad.. lol. I use to have people come look at my shepherd pups- and get the stupidist statements I ever heard in my life- " oh you feed raw?? well if a shepherd gets raw meat- don't they turn into biters or crave meat from people "... etc!!!!!
I know you havent been well.. Let me try to cheer you up in gabbly- and LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!!

Freedom
02-05-2007, 02:13 PM
He he, it's like I always say after spending 2 days at Pet Photos with Santa . . . I LOVE the animals. Some of the humans, on the other hand . . . . :rolleyes:

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 02:19 PM
WOW!!!!:eek:

This is a prime example why i get along better with my critters than most humans!:D

sumbirdy
02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Some people just weren't meant for animals...

applesmom
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Good rant! :)

I'm sure many of us completely understand and share your frustrations! :(

Education, Education, Education!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen of Poop
02-05-2007, 02:44 PM
It amazes me that some people know NOTHING about animals, and then consider having one.

Like the guy who hollered at me cause I didn't pick up after my dog. I informed him that SHE was having a pee, not a poop. And if he knew anything about female dogs that he'd be able to differentiate the posture. Good grief!

sumbirdy
02-05-2007, 02:45 PM
It amazes me that some people know NOTHING about animals, and then consider having one.

Like the guy who hollered at me cause I didn't pick up after my dog. I informed him that SHE was having a pee, not a poop. And if he knew anything about female dogs that he'd be able to differentiate the posture. Good grief!

lol. You were supposed to pick up her pee? I'd like to see that! lol.

DrKym
02-05-2007, 02:53 PM

I am keeping my eye on this thread while watching the dobies for signs of head explosions...........................

Kalei
02-05-2007, 02:55 PM
O my goodness! Nope they would never pass as a buying if I was trying to find animals some good homes...that is a time when in your head you feel like rotating your finger by your head as if to say..'psycho' lol. I'm glad they said those things then though, it made it so you didn't give them to a most likely bad home. Thanks for always waiting for the perfect knowledgeable owners!:)

applesmom
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Dr. Goodnow would you mind if we added some of our own experiences with stupid pet owners in this thread?

mike001
02-05-2007, 03:11 PM
ha ha ha.....this sure gave me a good laugh. Believe me, you'd be surprised at the comments some people come out with. So when is the head explosion...lol...? :D

DrKym
02-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Dr. Goodnow would you mind if we added some of our own experiences with stupid pet owners in this thread?

Hence the title Rant, feel free to add anything! :)

Catty1
02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
:eek:

Well, he could have used cedar chips, as cats hare the smell...

But geez...did you happen to get his name and call the Humane folks on him?

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

applesmom
02-05-2007, 03:36 PM
As the longtime secretary of the local breed club; calls regarding, strays, rescues, puppies, stud service, training and breed information were an every day thing.

The absolute worst was the new owner of a female GSP that had been given to her a few weeks earlier. A few days before she called me, the dog had been hit by a car and suffered a broken pelvis.

The vet had told her that there was nothing he could do but prescribe confinement and rest to allow the pelvis time to heal. The phone call wasn't about caring for the dog.

She was looking for a stud dog so she could breed the dog because she was in heat. Her reasoning? The dog might as well have puppies while she was laying around doing nothing. Selling the puppies would pay the vet bill and give her a little extra money!

Did she ever get an education!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 03:38 PM
As the longtime secretary of the local breed club; calls regarding, strays, rescues, puppies, stud service, training and breed information were an every day thing.

The absolute worst was the new owner of a female GSP that had been given to her a few weeks earlier. A few days before she called me, the dog had been hit by a car and suffered a broken pelvis.

The vet had told her that there was nothing he could do but prescribe confinement and rest to allow the pelvis time to heal. The phone call wasn't about caring for the dog.

She was looking for a stud dog so she could breed the dog because she was in heat. Her reasoning? The dog might as well have puppies while she was laying around doing nothing. Selling the puppies would pay the vet bill and give her a little extra money!

(faints on the floor....) Well I am uh sure you uh gave her an uh education here...lol

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 03:40 PM

WOW!!!!!! why dont we just break her pelvis, then get her pregnant,a nd see how she feels!!!!!!!:mad: People are so damed stupid, it is scary!

kimlovescats
02-05-2007, 03:47 PM
One thing I have learned while rescuing and placing kitties to adoptive homes .... more than asking questions, just LISTEN to people talk!! They will usually tell on themselves if given the opportunity! :rolleyes: ;)

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
One thing I have learned while rescuing and placing kitties to adoptive homes .... more than asking questions, just LISTEN to people talk!! They will usually tell on themselves if given the opportunity! :rolleyes: ;)
Oh yea- I found the same- give them enough rope they will hang themselves.. lol..

DrKym
02-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I know, I have been in rescue in some form or another for years.

I just think these past couple of weeks I have been really attentive to the idiocy though.

I say this right after hanging up the phone with a lady who wanted know why bother with all those animals, wouldn't it be easier for me to set up a deal to adopt out for a breeder? :rolleyes:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hands over the sharp objects before I hurt someone :eek:

applesmom
02-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I invited her over so I'd have time to cool down, gather my wits and could talk to her in person. We sat out in the yard so her 7 and 8 year old boys could play while we talked. After she left, my husband discovered that the boys had scraped all of the putty away around one of the windows with a knife.

She shouldn't have had kids either!!!!!!!! :(

DrKym
02-05-2007, 03:54 PM
I invited her over so I'd have time to cool down, gather my wits and could talk to her in person. We sat out in the yard so her 7 and 8 year old boys; could play while we talked. After she left, my husband discovered that the boys had scraped all of the putty away around one of the windows with a knife.

She shouldn't have had kids either!!!!!!!! :(

LMAO thanks! I needed that..................can I have my sharp objects back?? ;)

applesmom
02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
LMAO thanks! I needed that..................can I have my sharp objects back?? ;)

As long as you don't come around my windows with them! ;)

pitc9
02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
I have a good one too!
I did a home inspection for a rescue in another part of my state and I was more than happy to turn them down!
I was supposed to meet with the entire family. (Mom, Dad and 3 kids)
However, as soon as the father let me in the house he ducked into the garage and never came back out. Mom and I sat at the kitchen table while the 3 kids were tormenting their new kitten in the living room and she couldn't have cared less about it.
Then she showed me pictures of the dogs they've had in the past and one kid is sitting next to her saying "This one was killed in the street... this one ran away... we don't know what happened to this one.. etc"
That was enough right there... but it kept going...
They didn't have a fenced in yard and I asked how they would keep the dog safe she just said "Oh we'd just tie it up to a tree"
THENNNNNNNNNNNNNN (yes... there's more)
As I was getting ready to leave I asked where her husband was and she said "Oh don't worry about him, we'll be getting a divorce soon anyway." That comment was followed by her oldest child; she said "Yeah... he's mean" :eek:
Needless to say I didn't waste a second and called the rescue I was helping and told her I wouldn't let them have a pet snail!!!!
After being told she was being turned down she flipped out and couldn't understand why.
Oh some people are so stupid they don't even realize how stupid they are!

Miss Z
02-05-2007, 04:48 PM
A teenage girl who was with her mom, asked me, quite calmly if she was to open the birds cage would the cats eat them? She saw that once and it was cool.

Wow...some social life she has :rolleyes:

I mean, I've heard people ask how people can be so brainy, but I want to know how people can be so IGNORANT?! Is there a guide book on the market somewhere they're all reading?

So sorry you have to put up with such losers. :mad:

DrKym
02-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow...some social life she has :rolleyes:

I mean, I've heard people ask how people can be so brainy, but I want to know how people can be so IGNORANT?! Is there a guide book on the market somewhere they're all reading?

So sorry you have to put up with such losers. :mad:

The fact that she was creepy didn't bug me, I have raised teens and been one myself they are all creepy ;) LOL! what blew me away was her MOTHER'S total indifference to the comment..............No "OMG that's awful where would you see that?" Not even a "Jane(not the real name) that's an awful thing to say!" the Mom just smiled and continued talking to me :eek:

CathyBogart
02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
How frustrating to know that there are people out there who actually think like this. It makes me so sad. :(

cyber-sibes
02-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Wow, if it wasn't for you guys telling us these stories, I wouldn't have believed people could be this stupid.
I admit I laughed out loud at some of these, but these people are pathetic.

I mean, I've heard people ask how people can be so brainy, but I want to know how people can be so IGNORANT?! Is there a guide book on the market somewhere they're all reading?Sounds like you've got a winner there -"The Idiots Guide to ...Idiocy?" :p

DrKym
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow, if it wasn't for you guys telling us these stories, I wouldn't have believed people could be this stupid.
I admit I laughed out loud at some of these, but these people are pathetic.

Sounds like you've got a winner there -"The Idiots Guide to ...Idiocy?" :p
Go ahead and laugh ..while my dogs heads are exploding....your breed will die if brought indoors, no joke had a person tell me that with complete conviction............................... :rolleyes:

Daisy and Delilah
02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh my goodness!! How pathetically dumb people are!! I wish there was some way to make all humans get an education on the care and treatment of animals. Where do all these stupid morons come from? :mad: :( :mad:

DrKym
02-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Oh my goodness!! How pathetically dumb people are!! I wish there was some way to make all humans get an education on the care and treatment of animals. Where do all these stupid morons come from? :mad: :( :mad:
They arrive form the incredibly arrogant and uneducated .................ok that was harsh but it has bee a rough 2 weeks!

Catty1
02-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Ya ever think there should be mandatory spay and neuter for some members of our own species??? :eek:

DrKym
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Ya ever think there should be mandatory spay and neuter for some members of our own species??? :eek:

YES! :p ROFLMAO

K9karen
02-05-2007, 11:59 PM
:rolleyes: *Sighs* I never cease to be amazed...

borzoimom
02-06-2007, 07:43 AM
ROFLMBO!!!
Yea- lets nip this in the bud of scary traits from being passed on.. lol..

borzoimom
02-06-2007, 07:46 AM
The scariest incident I had was several years back. These people came to pick up their puppy- and the husband was just glancing around as the wife had total interest in how I fed, seeing the other pups etc. The dogs that were k-9 trained had brass tags on their crates- and also they were the ones in the dining room area which was open from the living room. He walked over to the cages- said " are these dogs really police trained?" and as I said yes- he makes this big grin- and said in a rather loud voice " GET 'EM!".. Luckily the dogs were trained in german or thought he was an idiot- so none of them made a single noise other than cocking their heads to the side in interest-HOWEVER- the dam ( the mother) was walking around and quickly left the living room and ran at the man barking.. lol.. She of course stopped- he turned me obviously shook up and shaking- and said " I thought you said the police dogs were locked up.." I said - they are- thats a shepherd for you- she must have thought you were threatening the dogs in the cage or since her pups are out- you were now someone to be watched- take your pick which theory you believe...." as I contined to stare at the men in the " if looks could kill" as I calmed the dam down..

Dorothy39
02-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Catty1, You took the words right off from my keyboard~~~ :D

Good Lord~~~~

Pitc9~ I pictured those kids in full Head Dress and War Paint~

And YES, You bet I'm locking my doors !!!

I just can't believe there are sooo many loose screws in the Human World!!

( How are those Doberman Brains holding out? :D )

I've had my Giggle for the day, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyber-sibes
02-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Go ahead and laugh ..while my dogs heads are exploding....your breed will die if brought indoors, no joke had a person tell me that with complete conviction............................... :rolleyes:I told my husband about this and he had a good laugh too. I suppose it's true...but they failed to mention that it might take 16-17 years. Hope you dobes and their brains are having a happy day. :)

ramanth
02-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I think MY head is going to explode after reading all these stories. Yikes!! :eek:

DrKym
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Ahh another day my son still has no worms, though he is hoping for spring so he can find some for the garden,

The dogs are still doofusis but no gray matter from explosions over night.

cats are all still alive , making my dogs unsuitable for many yards I see, birds are chirping so cats did not get to have Discovery channel re-enacted.

I have not seen the Husky from down the street yet, I do not think she croaked from being inside, I think her mum is still slepping as she worked til 7 am.

I have had my coffee and finalized arrangements on a pair of cockatiels that are coming here, because no matter how many times the owner sprays the bird for laying eggs she keeps doing it and it makes a mess when the eggs rupture.......................not kidding. I couldn't make this crap up. I am not that loopy yet. :eek:

Catty1
02-06-2007, 12:15 PM
because no matter how many times the owner sprays the bird for laying eggs she keeps doing it and it makes a mess when the eggs rupture..

O-M-G...I cannot believe this.

I seriously, seriously just CANNOT believe this...

And we are the species that put people on the MOON???

I guess some of them haven't returned yet...

Oh. My. Good. God.

DrKym
02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
O-M-G...I cannot believe this.

I seriously, seriously just CANNOT believe this...

And we are the species that put people on the MOON???

I guess some of them haven't returned yet...

Oh. My. Good. God.
oh believe it and start thinking of names for these 2 tiels! lmao, actually sweetness a chimp went there first, I firmly believe that chimp came back told the rest we are idiots, and are watching us be fools! :D

ahhhh the life of dealing with the public...........................

sumbirdy
02-06-2007, 01:57 PM
We were trying to find homes for puppies once and this woman and her kid came out to look at them. This is how the conversation went:

Woman: We had a dog once that ran away. I hated that mutt. I'm glad it's gone, hope it's dead.

Me: :eek:

Kid: yeah it was really stupid.

Woman: Can I look at those puppies.

Me: Ummm...no.

Woman: Why?

Me: I don't think ya'll are the right kind of people for these pups.

And it went on and on like that until she got mad and dad told her to leave.