PDA

View Full Version : @Pedigree commercials on TV

sirrahbed
02-05-2007, 10:10 AM
I was reading Val's post (what made you cry today?) and several folks mentioned the commercials that Pedigree has. I found this site with many of them....the adoption ones are tear jerkers but very good I think.

*tissue and leaky eye syndrome warning*

Pedigree Commercials (http://www.pedigree.com/community/Commercials.asp)

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 10:43 AM
The commericals are touching and true- " I just do not know how I got here.." is a gut wrencher..
However- I do not like the fact that in order for you to help into this program- you have to buy their food.. Thats like a full class guilt trip- if I dont buy their food, I am not helping- which is total BS.. I contribute to my humane societies ( 3 of them) monthly.. And help with them in breed placement rescues. At least if we can get them out of the shelters, that makes room that might not have been. We have another lady in this county that focus's on the mixed breeds. ...**/edit- maybe if they added " or call this number to contribute .. blah blah/**

luvofallhorses
02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
It's a really sad commercial. :( It makes me cry everytime I see it. atleast they are trying to help save shelter dogs.

TFTpwnsYou
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
They are sad commericals, but I agree with Borzoimom. I saw the ending and the little tears that were welling stopped. I was like "what?" Using a heartbreak tactic to sell food. I thought that was just a little wrong. They may donate to shelters and what not, but I can do that on my own without having to buy the food. If they're so for the dogs anyhow why not make their food better for them??? I'd like to know that one! lol.

Laura's Babies
02-05-2007, 01:01 PM
So many people have not got a clue about the numbers of animals that are in the shelters and prefer to pretend they are no shelters. I think it is GREAT to call attention to it and bring it into the HOMES of all those who have pets that they never fix and add to the problem.... THOSE are the ones that need reaching and hopefully, these commercials will open a few of their eyes!

Husky15
02-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Very sad commercial.

I, too, think it is great that they are calling attention to this. Pedigree may not be the best of foods to buy, but many people do, and it is a popular food. So by doing this, they could be opening some eyes.

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Tear Jerkers!!!! :(

BC_MoM
02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
These commercials are great for the poor dogs in shelters. It's making more people aware of the problem out there. Pedigree isn't the best food, but it isn't nearly the worst either. ;)

CathyBogart
02-05-2007, 05:56 PM
It's such a sad commercial....doesn't make me want to go out and buy their food, but I may stop by the shelter with a box of goodies this week.