PDA

View Full Version : Experience of Pet Boarding

OrchidTeddy
06-25-2002, 04:54 PM
I am a traveller, however sometimes when I travel I cannot take my pet along. I was wondering if any of you have experienced in placing a pet in a pet boarding area. Once I put my baby, Chika in a kennel, and when I came back about 10 days later, she was timid and scared. IT was like she came back from a traumatic experience.

Does any one know why they act this way and how we can overcome this? Or does any one have any recommandations of any pet care places?

sasvermont
06-25-2002, 05:43 PM
I would ask around about finding a house sitter and keep you pet where you live. The alternative would be to find a nice home for your dog to visit and board. I often take care of two different dogs while their owners are away. The dogs have a great time. I take them for many many walks while they are here and I spoil them with special treats, lots of love and they get to sleep in my bed, sans the cats.

Heather Wallace
06-25-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi

Sorry to hear about your bad experience but I am afraid to say it is a common story. I am a professional pet sitter here in the UK. I board people pets from my own home and I also visit others home to feed their cats etc.

Most people with dogs prefer them to come and live in my own home. we treat the dogs as part of the family, my customers love my service ( never had any complaints so far) as they don't have to worry about the awful conditions there pets have to endure in kennels. That's what give me satisfaction HAPPY PETS!

You should be able to find someone like me in the states or Canada. Try the internet as many peole like me advertise their services on ads. Ask for references and also ask to visit their home if you are at all worried.

Here is a pic of 2 dalmatians we had at are our home recently.

Heather Wallace
06-25-2002, 06:13 PM
Here is another one, Lucy. it was here first time away from home and she loved it!