PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Question

Kalei
02-05-2007, 07:49 AM
For all those rabbit owners or people who have owned rabbits before, I've been meaning to ask this question for awhile, and what I wrote in my thread "Me and Kishii are trying something new" reminded me to ask it lol.

I was wondering, do bunnies ever really sleep at all? Everytime I wake up during the night she still has her eyes open, I barely ever see them closed and I"ve never seen her truely sleep. My old rabbit Baby from years ago, she use to fall asleep right in my arms, but when she was in her cage, she still never 'fully' slept like cats do and stuff.

Do rabbits not need much sleep, or do they sleep with their eyes open?

Husky15
02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
We all need sleep or we'd eventually die. Yep, it is possible to die from a lack of sleep. Maybe she's a light-sleeper and wakes up at the slightest noise.

sprokett
02-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Rabbits do sleep or like husky15 said they would die rabbits usally wake to the slight sound

Good question!!!

buttercup132
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
LOL of course they sleep:p Tedd dose the full out bunny flop where hes on his side his head is down and his eyes are closed. It always looks like he's dead. I've never seen Baby sleeping yet. They just wake up really easily at the slightest noises.

Kalei
02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
LOL of course they sleep:p Tedd dose the full out bunny flop where hes on his side his head is down and his eyes are closed. It always looks like he's dead. I've never seen Baby sleeping yet. They just wake up really easily at the slightest noises.

Wow I wonder how bunnies aren't tired if they always wake up over pretty much everything? I would die of tiredness lol. That must be cute when Tedd is sleeping like that:)

Genny
02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Cadbury sleeps a pretty good bit. I walk up and he usually wakes up (I guess he gets wakened easily) but I cathc him alseep every now and then.