PDA

View Full Version : I am a Terrible Kitty Mom!!

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Yesterday, while relaxing in my recliner, watching the Superbowl, I went to get up, to ge a drink, and some more snacks. When I went to put down the foot rest of the recliner, i got a loud meow, and a Hiss!!! Poor Loki must have been laying right under the recliners foot rest!:eek: I felt so bad!!!! and to top it off he strated limping!!!! OMG! i am a horrible kitty mom! Thankfully, only a few moments later, the limping stopped. he seems just fine, running around like usual. he has been getting some extra needed attention, snacks, and scritches!!

Mommy is sooooooo sorry Loki!!:(

Freedom
02-05-2007, 07:52 AM
We have a similar problem with 3 recliners and 7 cats in the home.

Sorry, the only solution we have found is experience. Once they get in trouble there, they don't willingly return. Never had one hurt, but we have had lots of meowing complaints as the recliner is going down.

catfamily
02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
That IS Scary.We have a recliner upstairs and any time me or Mike sit in it...we get so nervous getting up.What we do now is jiggle the handle before getting up to startle anyone under there to rush out.That usually works.

Cinder & Smoke
02-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Once they get in trouble there,
they don't willingly return.

... we have had lots of meowing complaints as the recliner is going down.

:eek:
Ditto on the "complaints" ...

But not so sure experience eliminates the return trips ...

"Retard" Boots never seems to learn ... I *tilt back* and he can't seem to resist
the "call of the Kliner chair" ...
He HAS to climb in under the foot-rest. :rolleyes:

One **Scream** from the "squashed Kat" - and I have to face his Protective Detail -
all three Mutts rush to the scene and send Dirty Looks as I try to extricate the Kat.
Will he EVER learn?
:p

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Aparently Loki hasn't learned!! He just did it again, a few minutes ago!! No limping this time! I was slower in putting the chair down! The thing that gets me, is he has never done it before??? Strange cat!!!

Reachoutrescue
02-05-2007, 10:17 AM
You are not a terrible kitty mom!! Accidents happen and he is okay...don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure he has forgotten all about it by now! Give him a big smooch for me!!

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 10:21 AM
You are not a terrible kitty mom!! Accidents happen and he is okay...don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure he has forgotten all about it by now! Give him a big smooch for me!!

I know, i just feel horrid when I am the cause of pain!! Geesh!! poor baby! He is now, in his normal spot, on the back of the recliner. I like that spot much better!!! But there are times, if i sit down to quickly, because the chair also rocks, that he will sometimes get flung off the back of the chair!:eek: Poor cat! all he wants to do is be close to me, and this is what he gets!:D

Reachoutrescue
02-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Poor guy... I am sure he knows it is not your fault..he just needs to find better places to sleep!!!

sprokett
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
happened once when my auntie kittens got under there luckily he was small enough to get out of the way of it going down

cassiesmom
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=1735292&postcount=3

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showpost.php?p=1735292&postcount=3
I guess mine, is the "Kitty eating chair"!!!!:D