PDA

View Full Version : Another Whirlpool Relationship !!!

wombat2u2004
02-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Suspended sentence for cat killer

Diane Hannon said she meant to hurt Paws but not to kill him
A woman who killed her boyfriend's cat by putting it in a washing machine has received a four-month suspended jail sentence.
Diane Hannon, 42, from Old Colwyn, Conwy, admitted causing unnecessary suffering and cruelly ill-treating six-year-old Paws, who was deaf.

Paws suffered a heart attack, severe burns and loss of fur.

Llandudno magistrates heard Hannon, who suffers depression, was cat-sitting for Duncan Carthy when the pair argued.

The prosecution said Hannon and Mr Carthy had rowed about Mr Carthy's ex-wife and children while he was visiting his son in July last year.

The trial, in December last year, heard Mr Carthy thought Hannon was joking when she told him over the phone that she had killed Paws.

Glen Murphy, prosecuting for the RSPCA, said: "Duncan Carthy called Miss Hannon and asked if the cat was all right, and she replied: 'I hate you. No, I've killed it.'

Paws was killed after Hannon rowed with Mr Carthy

"Mr Carthy thought she was joking, but on Sunday at 3.30pm, when he returned to his flat, no one was there and he couldn't find the cat.

"He went into the kitchen and noticed his clothes were on top of the washing machine and found Paws inside the washing machine clearly dead."

Paws' injuries included scalding. He had died from heart failure.

When Mr Carthy phoned Hannon, she laughed and put the phone down, the court heard.

He later found a note she had written on the back of an envelope saying: "I hate you."

When interviewed by police, Hannon admitted that although she had placed the cat in the washing machine to hurt it, she did not know it would die.

Magistrates had delayed the sentencing until Monday after ordering a psychiatric report on Hannon.

DrKym
02-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I am so saddened to hear of these things, I hope that over there, it is taken more seriously than over here! How twisted, but unfortunately not surprising :(

areias
02-05-2007, 08:06 AM
That's disgusting. What the heck is wrong with people?!? That poor kitty...

elizabethann
02-05-2007, 01:07 PM
That woman should be put in a washing machine herself and see how she likes it. :mad:

I'd be happy to push the "on" button.

PJ's Mom
02-05-2007, 02:12 PM
A 4 month "suspended" sentence? :mad:

Yep. That'll teach her. :rolleyes:

wombat2u2004
02-05-2007, 03:38 PM
A 4 month "suspended" sentence? :mad:

Yep. That'll teach her. :rolleyes:

Yeah....its a bit of a joke isn't it ??? I think she should be locked up in some mental institution. Life must be very difficult when she has an argument with her boyfriend.
She sounds like a disturbed bit of work.

Miss Z
02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
You've got to be joking...:eek:

What on earth compells people to do such disgusting things? I row with my mother pretty much every week, doesn't mean to say I go slinging pets in household appliances to teach her a lesson :mad:

Llandudno aswell, I've visited the place many times and a lot of my family are Welsh. Ugh, it makes me sick to my stomach. Personally, I'd like to see her tied up in a soggy bag of rocks and pushed down the Great Orm (sp?). Now THAT's spin washing!

DrKym
02-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I row with my mother pretty much every week, doesn't mean to say I go slinging pets in household appliances to teach her a lesson :mad:

Well said!

lizbud
02-05-2007, 06:22 PM
She would be suffering from more than depression if I got a hold of her. :mad: Stupid cow. (apologies to the cows)

wombat2u2004
02-06-2007, 05:16 AM
She would be suffering from more than depression if I got a hold of her. :mad: Stupid cow. (apologies to the cows)

Ahahahahaha....good one !!!!

RICHARD
02-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Should have put her hair into the garbage disposal, her hand into the toaster and the mixer where the sun don't shine. :mad:

wombat2u2004
02-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Should have put her hair into the garbage disposal, her hand into the toaster and the mixer where the sun don't shine. :mad:

What ??? And ruin a perfectly good mixer ????

pitc9
02-07-2007, 09:23 AM
OMG! :eek: :mad: What a Sick Sick woman...
RIP sweet kitty...

cyber-sibes
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
How awful, and sad. :( I shudder to think that this woman has kids, makes you wonder how she treats them? RIP, poor little PAWS. You deserved better.

IttyBittyKitty
02-08-2007, 06:33 AM
That poor kitty, I hope Paws rests in peace. The ex-boyfriend would be devastated too, if something happend to Pixel (who lives with my ex), he'd be absolutely devastated - he loves her to bits.

Horrible situation.

moosmom
02-19-2007, 10:00 AM
A suspended sentence??? :eek: That makes me sick!!! :mad: :mad: