View Full Version : Where did this guy come from??? :o(

kimlovescats
02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
One afternoon as I was getting out of my car, I heard a loud "meow" from the side of my driveway. This handsome fellow came right up to me. He is a fully intact (un-neutered) male! He is dirty, and covered with scratches and cuts all over his body. He also had a fresh cut under his eye when I found him! :( I think someone must have just dumped him off near my house, as I can't imagine a kitty getting in this shape in my neighborhood and me having never seen him around here before!

Anyway, due to his injury and the extremely cold weather, I brought him into my garage. First, I cleaned and medicated his eye wound. He is such a loverboy ... immediately helped himself to my bed. ;) I felt so bad having to move him into the garage, but I can't risk the health of my house kitties without having him vet-checked. I let him back out during the day and he has already decided he likes the indoor life much better. Now what??? I just got OUT of rescue! :rolleyes: My goal is to at least get him cleaned up, flea and worm treated and NEUTERED!!! He is gorgeous and sweet as can be, and I think still fairly young! He has odd eyes, one gold and one blue, but he is not deaf. Does ANYONE here on PT want this boy????

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Janurary2007046.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Janurary2007040.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Janurary2007034.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Janurary2007052.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
02-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Kim, I'm so glad that you found him and are able to care for him. He sure is gorgeous and I noticed his odd eyes right away.:)I hope he gets a clean bill of health and I hope he'll be able to find the wonderful loving home that he deserves. Good luck.:)

catmandu
02-04-2007, 11:04 PM
I think that the Pet Angels guided that poor Cat to you as they knew that you would do your best to make sure that he had a Furr Ever Home.
Hes such a sweet dear Cat, and we know that someone hes going to be all right, and be someones dear friend.

shais_mom
02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
poor guy!
hugs to him and thanks for helping him!
{{hugs}}

Scooter's Mom
02-04-2007, 11:36 PM
What a beautiful sweet boy! Big hugs to you for helping him. He's so gorgeous.

Glacier
02-04-2007, 11:40 PM
My heart skipped a beat when I saw that face. He reminds me so much of my Kasha!

I hope he gets a wonderful forever home soon. If I was anywhere near you, I'd already be banging on your door!

IttyBittyKitty
02-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Oh wow, those eyes are just stunning!! I hope this little beauty finds a great home -- and I think he came to just the right place for help :D ... Please keep us posted.

areias
02-05-2007, 01:40 AM
He's gorgeous! I would love to have a kitty like that in my home. ;) Quite honestly...when you take him to the vet...god forbid he tests leukemia positive, but if he does, let me know (my kiki is leuk+) before you do anything. I am somewhat keeping an eye out for another kitty in need.

Reachoutrescue
02-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Oh, Kim....he is so handsome. I sure hope his eye gets better! Please keep us posted on his upcoming vet visit. I am so glad you saved him...he is a lucky guy. If I could, I would definetly take him...I am a sucker for the white kitties!! Good luck Kim. Welcome to PT new white kit!!

DJFyrewolf36
02-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Awww, he sure knew where to go for a helping hand! :D He will make a good compainon for someone, or perhaps he just got lost and his family will be able to find him. Prayers on the way that a furrever home will soon be in his future.

CultureJunky
02-05-2007, 03:25 AM
What a gorgeous boy, he looks so lovely despite the scars and wounds.
You are a star for taking him in and taking care of him, I'm sure if he's lovely then you'll have no problem finding him a home, he'll be quite the catch with odd eyes and loving purrsonality.
Keep us posted please :)

Pam
02-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Kim he certainly knew where to come to get some help. ;) It's hard to see the condition that he is in but I know that is only temporary. Thank you for helping this handsome boy (yes some day soon he will be handsome) and getting him some necessary veterinary care. His eyes are very beautiful. My vet once told me that kitties with one blue eye are often deaf in the ear on that side. I wonder how one even can check for that. Oh, Kim, I had to laugh when I first read your post. It sounded like your bed was in the garage. I had to read it again. :o Keep us posted, OK?

critter crazy
02-05-2007, 06:05 AM
WOW!! He is just gorgeous!!! Thank you for helping this poor guy out!! Gosh, if i lived closer I would so take him in a minute!:eek:

jenluckenbach
02-05-2007, 06:33 AM
He is totally TOTALLY gorgeous!!! Please get him tested ASAP! An intact male with wounds like the one on his face may very likely be FIV+. Not that that is a death sentence, but at this moment you do not know if he will fight with other kitties. Oh, and no one really ever gets OUT of rescue. ;) Thank you for helping him.

Barbara
02-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Kim you may think you are out of rescue but I am sure the kitties among themselves pass your address to each other ;)

This guy is just too cute. I could never resist this look.

DrKym
02-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Hmm got out of Rescue??? Isn't that like being a little bit pregnant? It doesn't happen Kim ;) . Now if you prefer we "say" you are out of rescue......LOL

The cat is stunning and will be very gorgeous when fixed up. PM me if you need anything, we aren't far, and I will be happy to help any way I can.

Out of Rescue .....rofl..giggling all the way back to my dogs that I have cause I am out of rescue too lolololol out of rescue ....hehehehehhehe

Laura's Babies
02-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Awww Kim! He is so lovely! What a handsome boy! It shouldn't be hard finding him a great home with his looks and personality.

sirrahbed
02-05-2007, 08:18 AM
I see kitties like that and have to wonder just what their lives have been like. This boy has had a tough time.

BUT, he is now warm and safe. He is clean and comfy :)

Hope the rest of his life is just terrific and I know it will be.

catlover4ever
02-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Oh Kim he sure is a looker. I wish I had room for him at my house, I would take him in a second.

He sure did pick a good place to find help for his wounds. I hope all checks out OK with him and you are able to find him a good forever home.

Catty1
02-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Looks like he parked himself under the hood of a car - I had a cat many years ago that got a cut above his eye from that (thank God it was nothing worse).

What a gorgeous baby! How could ANYONE resist that face? :)

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Kim- there is only one way to " be out of rescue-".... dont look around.. lol.. I am sorry- but he is a charmer!! If I didnt have the sighthounds, I would take him in a heart beat! :D

catfamily
02-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm so glad you helped this poor boy out.He would of been doomed otherwise.And in lots of pain.Thanks for helping him Kim.Please keep us updated.

kimlovescats
02-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Kim he certainly knew where to come to get some help. ;) It's hard to see the condition that he is in but I know that is only temporary. Thank you for helping this handsome boy (yes some day soon he will be handsome) and getting him some necessary veterinary care. His eyes are very beautiful. My vet once told me that kitties with one blue eye are often deaf in the ear on that side. I wonder how one even can check for that. Oh, Kim, I had to laugh when I first read your post. It sounded like your bed was in the garage. I had to read it again. :o Keep us posted, OK?

LOL! Thanks for my morning GIGGLE, Pam! :D Although I HAVE given up MOST of my house to my kitties, I still have YET to start sleeping in the garage! :eek: :p LOL!!!!

Borzoimom: "don't look around" .... :rolleyes: OK, from now on as I am getting out of my car in MY driveway, I will make sure to close my eyes! :p LOL!!!!

Dr. G .... keep your giggles to yourself!!! :p ;)

Jen, I honestly don't think that he is a fighter. I think his wounds are from hiding out and scrounging around in unsafe places. He has run through the back door from the garage on a few occasions and always just walks up and noses at the other kitties. He is so sweet, I hate putting him back out in the garage, but I can't risk my other cats' health. My vet is going to give me the big :rolleyes: when I walk in with another stray kitty to test!

DrKym
02-05-2007, 09:11 AM
I will stifle them best as I can Kim I swear :rolleyes: ..................giglegigglegiggle.really! I will! It is just that I know that feeling, I am also out of rescue.......which is why 2 tiels are arriving thursday, and the kittens are staying here, and oh forget it.

Big hugs and keep us posted on that boy. He really is beautiful!

Hugs and hugs to the fur kids
Kym

jenluckenbach
02-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Hmm got out of Rescue??? Isn't that like being a little bit pregnant? It doesn't happen Kim ;) . Now if you prefer we "say" you are out of rescue......LOL

Out of Rescue .....rofl..giggling all the way back to my dogs that I have cause I am out of rescue too lolololol out of rescue ....hehehehehhehe
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/laughingsmilie.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/laughingsmilie.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/JenLuckenbach/laughingsmilie.gif

Randi
02-05-2007, 09:41 AM
That poor boy has had a rough time. :( I'm so glad he came to you - thank you for taking him in. I hope the vet check goes smoothly and his health is fine. What a gorgeous and special boy he is. :)

jazzcat
02-05-2007, 10:39 AM
OH KIM!!!!!!!!!!! To start this I will say I can NOT have any more cats so don't even try. Now on to my first thoughts, I WANT HIM!!!! He is gorgeous and I have always wanted an odd eye white kitty. Back in Feb. of 2003 I came so close to adopting an 9 week old female. She was adorable but that was when my mother had just fractured 8 vertebrae in her spine and I knew life was going to be too busy for a new kitty. I did nothing but talk about her for a month though - drove everyone crazy. Later that summer when things had settled down a bit is when I adopted Scout (and joined PT). Sorry to ramble on.

Anyway, I'm in love with this guy but I absolutely am over my limit here. WAH!!!!

I really hope he's negative and in good health. He's gorgeous!!!!!!

gini
02-05-2007, 11:02 AM
My very first kitty was a longhaired white sweetheart - and both of his eyes were a magnificent blue - and he wasn't deaf. So my heart skipped a beat too when I saw this handsome boy.

Thanks for taking him in - you will be rewarded a thousand times over!

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh gosh, what a gorgeous white cat!!! Thank you so much for taking him in!!

QueenScoopalot
02-05-2007, 12:15 PM
KIM HE'S STUNNING!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Even with the abcessed cheek, he's one glorious looking guy. He looks a lot like a Turkish Angora! I'm glad he found you, even though you weren't exactly looking. ;) But aren't you glad you did?

jennielynn1970
02-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Wow! Imagine someone dropping off that gorgeous boy?! What kind of people do we have in the world today?? There are just so many animals thrown away, it is so upsetting.

I'm glad that he found you to take care of him. Let us know how the testing goes. Lord knows I usually have room for one more FIV+ guy, lol.

jazzcat
02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I just sent a couple of his pictures to my sister. She had considered taking Pops (one of the kittens I found) but decided her life was too hectic at that time to do so. Things have calmed a little for her but she is dealing with two geriatric dogs with major health issues so she may not be up to another cat yet. Plus she tends to like to get pets when they are very young. I've tried to convince her that older animals will bond with you just like babies.

catfamily
02-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Wow! Imagine someone dropping off that gorgeous boy?! What kind of people do we have in the world today?? There are just so many animals thrown away, it is so upsetting.

I'm glad that he found you to take care of him. Let us know how the testing goes. Lord knows I usually have room for one more FIV+ guy, lol.
VERY Upsetting.I sometimes get to the point where I think about it all day long.It's awful!
Even when I was a little kid...I couldn't stop thinking of all the abandoned neglected abused cats/kittens ,(and all the living) in the world.I never could understand mean people.Or just people to turn their cheek.I just can't understand it.Never will. :(

I saw a bumper sticker one day it said"Mean People S***".
I wanted one but thought better of it.lol

catnapper
02-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Oh Kim, he is unbearably handsome, even with his booboo face.

I think I need a little white in my house of tabbies but I think Harry would just look at him as a new kitty to bully :(

wolflady
02-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh goodness, count me as another fan of this gorgeous fluffy boy! He's sure is a hunka handsome kitty! ;) He's lucky to have found you, and I'm sure he'll be hard to resist. There is just something about those white kitties! Let us know what your vet says when you take him in!

Tempting, tempting...:p

K & L
02-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Grrrrrrrr People make me so mad! Thanks for taking him in and I hope you find him a wonderful home soon! He's one handsome guy!

phesina
02-06-2007, 04:46 PM
God bless you, Kim, for looking out for this cat.

Thank you.

Pat

fragrancehound
02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
You are so wonderful for taking him in and loving him!!! I really wish more people would make a concentrated effort like you in caring for their pets. It just pisses me off that people think they can dispose of animals like trash.

heidiv
02-06-2007, 05:54 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OH MY HE LOOKS SIAMESE!!!!!!! I have a terrible weakness for the MEEZERS!!
You have done a wonderful thing taking him in I would have done the same thing if I were you. Make sure you check and see if he is chipped when you go to the vet he may be someones kitty that got lost :confused:

Awesome looking kitty!

DrKym
02-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Grrrrrrrr People make me so mad! Thanks for taking him in and I hope you find him a wonderful home soon! He's one handsome guy!

Guess it depends on wonderful....................If all goes well, he will be coming here to live. Thanks to Kims willingness to home him and my husbands weakness for whites ;)

jenluckenbach
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
If all goes well, he will be coming here to live. Thanks to Kims willingness to home him and my husbands weakness for whites ;)
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrKym
02-06-2007, 06:06 PM
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We second that!
Jasper has no idea that I agreed yet, this baby is a surprise Vday gift for him :o . His new name is Jupiter, since we already have Io, which of course is the moon to Jupiter! :p . From what Kim says this guy is a big boy too! Io will be thrilled to have a Big Bud to snuggle with!

K & L
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Guess it depends on wonderful....................If all goes well, he will be coming here to live. Thanks to Kims willingness to home him and my husbands weakness for whites ;)

What wonderful news!!!!!!! I know he's in good hands now!

DrKym
02-06-2007, 06:25 PM
What wonderful news!!!!!!! I know he's in good hands now!

Thank You, what a lovely thing to say! I did promise Kim lots of pics......so I guess I will be flooding both sides of PT now :eek:

Glacier
02-06-2007, 06:46 PM

YAH!!! I'm so looking forward to lots of pictures of this sweetie!!

kb2yjx
02-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Just saw this thread, and what a very happy ending!!! Hope " Jupiter" gets clean bill of health!! Great work Kim!!! And you have a good heart, Dr, Goodnow!!!

catfamily
02-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Dr.Goodnow...This is such a wonderful thing your doing,for Jupiter and Kim,And you guys :) I love the people on Pettalk so much.So many people doing things just to help others.This is a very special Crew :)

jazzcat
02-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh that is great news that he's going to a good PT home! YAY!!!

Catty1
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Kym - and two cockatiels are arriving, you have 3 new kittens, and now Jupiter...

This is all WONDERFUL
When do we get to see the Ark? :D

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, Jupiter had a good vet check. He tested NEGATIVE for Leukemia and Aids! WOO HOO!!! He was de-wormed and got his Distemper and Rabies shots as well. He weighed 10.11 lbs., and is believed to be no more than 2 years old. His teeth looked great!!! (Sorry I forgot to mention some of these things to you, Kym) ;)

I am so excited for him to get to be a loving member of the Dr. Goodnow home! We still have to work out his travel plans, and I need to get him neutered soon.

Edit to add: Oh, he is filthy dirty, and covered with flea dirt. :eek: So... as soon as I get brave enough to bathe him, that is next on the agenda! At least now I know he is healthy so he can be indoors to stay warm after his bath.

:)

DrKym
02-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Kym - and two cockatiels are arriving, you have 3 new kittens, and now Jupiter...

This is all WONDERFUL
When do we get to see the Ark? :D

The ARK as you say is floating well LOLThis weekend I will Post pics of the entire crew from Cats to Snakes I promise!!

I am so very glad I am out of rescue .......................yes Kim it is your turn to laugh!

The tiels will eventually be rehomed, after some vetting and work.

The Kittens will stay here there entire natural lives, although my sis in law is threating to kitnap one :eek:

The adult 5 (now 6) cats can never be rehomed 4 are Foster Failures!
My son had rescued them at only 10-14 days old they had been born to a feral mom we fed, she was killed by car. He bottle fed, wiped butts and noses and raised them all on his own (under vet supervision) paid for it all from his bank, knowing they would be adopted out...................uh huh well that didn't work, by the time they were old enough to go Mom said no :rolleyes: (ok so I have moments of marshmallow syndrome)

Io cannot leave as he is permanantley attached to my pillow or feet or lap depending on what I am doing.

As for the dogs, well prying them from cold dead hands comes to mind.......
the parrots have been with me longer than some of my kids have been alive , and some days I like the birds more :p

The snakes I have had since hatchlings, my burm is over 18ft now, and the balls are already raising eggs of their own each year..........although I was only going to home till the right home showed up.........

The guinea piggies are threatened daily with being shipped to Guam, as they were elementary school cast offs......

The husband is rentable .........................

The kids are for sale on Ebay, but no bites on them yet :eek:

kimlovescats
02-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Snicker, snicker, giggle, giggle, oh what the heck ..

HA HA HA HA HA!!! LOL! LOL! LOL!!!! :D

DrKym
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
:o :p

Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 43 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 358.39 miles

told ya not far!

btw it is a 81 minute plane ride so that is something to mention to my vet when I talk to him tomorrow.

Glad you got SUCH a guffaw ...hehehehehehehee

krazyaboutkatz
02-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Jupiter received a clean bill of health and that Kym will be adopting him.:D Now we can all watch him mature.:)