PDA

View Full Version : Baby nursery and take-home outfit *picture heavy*

AdoreMyDogs
02-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Here's the nursery. It's not finished, but it's nearly done. The walls are a nice sage and the trim is orchid.

I hope the pics don't turn out huge.
My rocker for nursing:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Baby%20stuff/DSCN0361.jpg?t=1170628314

changing table, swing.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Baby%20stuff/DSCN0360.jpg?t=1170629052

Bassenet (sp?) that vibrates with baby positioner and glow worm that plays music :)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Baby%20stuff/DSCN0359.jpg?t=1170629129

Crib...I LOVE the bedding!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Baby%20stuff/DSCN0356.jpg?t=1170629226

closer view of crib
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Baby%20stuff/DSCN0357.jpg?t=1170629334

Comforter
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Baby%20stuff/DSCN0358.jpg?t=1170629385

And finally, baby girl's take home outfit :) I just melt when I see this dress!
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/AdoreMyDogs/Baby%20stuff/DSCN0363.jpg?t=1170629437

jenluckenbach
02-04-2007, 05:04 PM
The room is lovely,,,,,,the bedding is fabulous,,,,,,but that dress is TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!! I hope it is the correct size. can't wait to see a picture of baby IN dress.

tikeyas_mom
02-04-2007, 05:17 PM
wow what a great setup, that baby is going to love it ;). I love your crib!!! the colors are great :D. I cant wait till i get to shop :p

Craftlady
02-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Love the room and decorations. That dress is priceless ;)

sirrahbed
02-04-2007, 05:30 PM
AWWW :D What a precious nursery you have put together!! The colors are so soft and cozy. I can see why you feel calmed when you are in there. It looks like a nice & sunny room also. Thanks for posting the pictures!! :)

lizbud
02-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow, it looks like a picture straight from a magazine. :) Great mix of
colors. Just beautiful. :)

Logan
02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Leslie, the room is just beautiful. I know you and your baby girl will enjoy your time, together, in that peaceful room.

Logan :)

prechrswife
02-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Beautiful nursery! Can't wait to see pictures of your little angel in there. :)

Cataholic
02-04-2007, 10:01 PM
Beautiful! All of it! That dress!! The room looks soooo peaceful and tidy. All you need is the little girl!!

Have you gotten the carseat installed, AND safety inspected by a certified instructor? I would so not rely on someone that says they know how to check it.....long story, but, to shorten it, I had two parents who SWORE they knew what was going on check it, along with a police officer- again, said he "knew"...yeah- all 3 were wrong. I had it installed wrong. In fact, I was watching TLC a few weeks ago, and I could tell by the tilt of the seat that the newborn was travelling in a seat not correctly installed. :o

Get it installed now, and checked...you could go anytime! :)

shais_mom
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
very nice!
And what a beautiful dress! :)

luckies4me
02-04-2007, 11:33 PM
That dress is beautiful!!! :eek: :D It makes me want to go buy a cutesey outfit for my son instead of bringing him home in a onesie. LOL. The room looks great!

I don't have a nursery because I practice attached parenting, so the baby will co-sleep with us. :) I did this with my younger one. I will still have a crib for the daytime though when I just can't hold him any longer and my arms feel like they're going to fall off. :p Once he gets a little older he'll have his own room. I think we moved Dylan into his own room when he was about a year or so. :)

Cookiebaker
02-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Ohhh, your baby's room is adorable!! I love the colors and the bedding matches perfectly!!!! And that dress is sooo adorable, too. I can't wait to see your baby in it! :D

Reachoutrescue
02-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Oh, I love this thread!! I am so happy for you!! I love the room set up! You must be so excited. Congratulations!!

anna_66
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Leslie, the room is just beautiful.
Logan took the words right out of my mouth! I love it! And the take home outfit it too cute:D

Lobodeb
02-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Awww, the room looks great! The colors are so soft and sweet.

It reminds me of when we were getting ready for Hugito to come home.

Johanna, where/how can I find a saftey inspector? I didn't know we could do that! I'm terrified that Hugito's car seat isn't installed properly.

(Sorry to hijack :o )

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I adore those soft baby-colours!!!

But are you sure that this absolutely gorgeous dress is for a newborn? I am afraid you won't find your baby once she is in it ;) . Sorry, just kidding :p

ramanth
02-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Beautiful nursery! Can't wait to see a wee baby in that dress.

kimlovescats
02-05-2007, 08:15 PM
How precious! I know you are just dying to get your baby girl home and into that darling crib!!! I used to sit in the rocking chair and just picture my babies in their nurseries!!! ;)

Sirrahsim
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Everything looks beautiful!! That take home outfit is so pretty though it may make for a grouchy baby when you strap her into the car seat with all that fabric!! :D

For those interested in car seat checks, you can find the nearest car seat inspection site by going here:
http://www.seatcheck.org/
In most cases it should eb your local fire department, give them a call and they can point you in the right direction.

AdoreMyDogs
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Everything looks beautiful!! That take home outfit is so pretty though it may make for a grouchy baby when you strap her into the car seat with all that fabric!! :D

For those interested in car seat checks, you can find the nearest car seat inspection site by going here:
http://www.seatcheck.org/
In most cases it should eb your local fire department, give them a call and they can point you in the right direction.

LOL @ "all that fabric" haha. I laughed! It's actually very soft, although it doesn't look like it. And baby WILL have a soft onsie underneath it, even tho it's really, really soft fabric :)

If she's too small for the dress I have a backup take home outfit that I'll bring, which is still incredibly cute :)

I know you all will want to slap me over the head, but I don't have a carseat yet. I registered for one, but never got it, but on Wednesday we're picking up the carseat and I'll make sure to have it safety inspected. Thank you so much for that link and for all the info on safety car seats, everyone!

Time to play music down low and lay with pelvis elevated...as baby's kicking up a storm now.

Thanks again, everyone :)

*LabLoverKEB*
02-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Ohhhh! I'm extrelmy excited for you guys! This is great! I love the nursery- the bedding is too adorable! And the dress, I love it!

Rachel
02-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh, Leslie, the colors you have chosen are just so lovely and as has already been noted the room has a calming and peaceful effect. This should be a wonderful environment for your little one. You seem to have everything in place for her arrival (sans carseat) ;) Good work!

Have you picked out name yet?

sparks19
02-06-2007, 11:41 AM
WOW! that room is beautiful. It looks so comforting. and what a beautiful dress :D

AdoreMyDogs
02-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Oh, Leslie, the colors you have chosen are just so lovely and as has already been noted the room has a calming and peaceful effect. This should be a wonderful environment for your little one. You seem to have everything in place for her arrival (sans carseat) ;) Good work!

Have you picked out name yet?

Thank you for the complements, everyone. I registered for these really adorable, soft bugs to put up on the walls, but I think they stopped carrying the Tiddliewinks stuff (the bedding I registered for) and the bugs are on back order. We decided to get the rest of the stuff we need instead of the decorative stuff....and it's too bad because the wall bugs are just adorable!

The bassanet is in the nursery for now, but when she's born, it'll be next to our bed. She's not going to sleep in the bed with us, but she's going to sleep in the bassinett which will be becide me. I don't take it out of the room for now because I don't want the cats getting it all hairy.

Yep we've picked out a name but it's a secret until she's born :) You'll have to share that along with her size, etc. :)

Cookiebaker
02-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Yep we've picked out a name but it's a secret until she's born :) You'll have to share that along with her size, etc. :)

yay for secrets!!! :D :D I haven't told ANYBODY the name that we have chosen, not even strangers who ask. Its so exciting to have that little secret, and I can't wait to yell it out after she is born!!! :cool: :D :o

Karen
02-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Everything looks great, and you must be getting excited! We all are! She'll be another Pet Talk baby - so that means she comes equipped with many extra aunties and even a few spare uncles around the world! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
02-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! How exciting :D

finn's mom
02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Everything is so beautiful. I really like the colors in the room a lot, and that dress is precious. :) :) :)

Jadapit
02-07-2007, 10:13 AM
The nursery is beautiful! I love the little dress, its gorgeous! I cant wait to see the baby in it. :)

Sirrahsim
02-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't want to toot my own horn :D Ok, yes I do :D But I made some really cute stuffed letters to put up on Tyler's wall with some extra fabric that I had... If you have pictures of the bugs I can try to sew you something similar if you'd like :)

AdoreMyDogs
02-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't want to toot my own horn :D Ok, yes I do :D But I made some really cute stuffed letters to put up on Tyler's wall with some extra fabric that I had... If you have pictures of the bugs I can try to sew you something similar if you'd like :)

Oh gosh that'd be fantastic! I can't sew at ALL. I can barely manage to sew back on a button, let alone anything that requires skill!!! That'd be so super cool :D I'll pm you!

Sirrahsim
02-07-2007, 06:15 PM
pm'ed you back :) how fun!

Daisy and Delilah
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
I love the nursery and everything in it. The take home outfit is so adorable :) It's one of the cutest outfits I've ever seen. The bugs are so cute and such a great idea for a theme. How did you ever come up with those colors for the nursery? Awesome choice!! :)

AdoreMyDogs
02-08-2007, 08:05 AM
The bugs are so cute and such a great idea for a theme. How did you ever come up with those colors for the nursery? Awesome choice!! :)

Thanks so much for the nice complement. I really don't know. I love the two colors and I put them together in Lows on the paint card things and I loved the way they complemented each other. I also had already registered for the bedding at that time so I knew it'd have to go with the bedding and theme I picked out.

Daisy and Delilah
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
GREAT JOB!!!! I can't get the bugs off my mind. It's just adorable!!! :) I'm going to show the pics to my daughter :D

pitc9
02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
LOVE it!!
Great colors!!
I love the idea of the cute bugs too!