PDA

View Full Version : Come meet my new baby!

Laura's Babies
02-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Kitty Boo is HERE! She made the ride from Florida in that new carrier just fine, in fact she did a lot better than I thought she would. Just some mild crying now and then was all. Once we got here, Rie let her out in my bedroom and gave her a litter box in case she had to go but she was more interested in checking out her new "digs"... I took her food and water and she dug right into the food. She is not nervous, skiddish or anything.. Just checking out my bedroom, which has our Mama's old furniture that she use to lay and eat on when Mama was alive. SO.... I have that connection to Mama, right here under my roof to love and kiss until Mama comes and takes her to the Bridge to carry her across when that time comes. Without further ado... here is my senior old girl, HOME at last!

KITTY BOO!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2843.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2842.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2841.jpg

Karen
02-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey there Kitty Boo! How old are you?

orangemm
02-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Welcome pretty Kitty Boo! So nice to see you here and happy that you are settling in so easily. You look like a real sweetheart!

Laura's Babies
02-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Mama died in 99 and Boo was somewhere between 2 to 3 years old then.. I am not exactly sure how old she is... So that would put here somewhere around 10? I am taking her in to see my vet asap so maybe he can give me a better age on her.

Bengalz
02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Kitty Boo is precious and you are wonderful to give her the best home :) She will repay many times in kindness, I'm sure.

Hugs to you and Kitty Boo :)

Betty

Catty1
02-04-2007, 05:21 PM
HELLO Kitty Boo! Aren't you the most gorgeous girl ever!

Glad you are settling in so well! :)

Scritchies and tummy rubs to you!

jenluckenbach
02-04-2007, 05:55 PM
She is so beautiful. And sounds like things are going very well already. :)

jazzcat
02-04-2007, 06:25 PM
What a pretty orange girl! I'm glad her trip wasn't hard on her and she's settling in well. If she's around 10-11 then she's about the age of my Dad's cat Miss Kitty who is still one very spunky little lady.

phesina
02-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Welcome to Kitty Boo! She is beautiful. That is great that she made the trip so well and seems to be settling in.

Best wishes to all!

Love,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, and Elmer

catmandu
02-04-2007, 06:37 PM
KITTY BOO IS ONE OWESOME ORANGE CAT AND ALL THE FOUND CATS ALL SEND HER A BOOMING FOUND CAT WELCOME FROM THIER CAT PILE UP.
THEY WISH KITTY BOO AND YOU ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/cats101411.jpg

rg_girlca
02-04-2007, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Laura's Babies] SO.... I have that connection to Mama, right here under my roof to love and kiss until Mama comes and takes her to the Bridge to carry her across when that time comes.

Oh gosh Laura. This comment brought on the old LES.

I'm so glad that the trip went well for Kitty Boo and that she has settled in so nicely. She is such a lovely girl. I love the picture of her looking out the window. :)

momcat
02-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh Laura, she' so beautiful!!! And what a lucky kitty girl to be taken in by you! There's no doubt that she's going to have a wonderful life. How are your other furkids taking to your new addition? Please give her some scritchies and tummy rubs from me? Looking forward to more pictures and updates.....

Laura's Babies
02-04-2007, 07:28 PM
This is the red headed baby that kept Mama alive a lot longer than the doctors expected. She worried so much about her that all her hospital stays were brief so she could go tend to her baby and Boo stayed by Mama's side until she drew her last breath, then she got on Mama's chest and stayed there until the undertaker came and we had to move her. She loved Mama as much as Mama loved her and I will always believe Mama would have left us long before she did had she not had her beautiful red headed baby. I think Boo made Mama's pain bearable and me and Sis BOTH love this cat a TON!! Sis has already called to see how she is... Twice while we were on the road, I called her to let her know we had arrived and she has called since and said she will call later in the week for another report....

I weighed her awhile ago and according to my scale, she is only 13 pounds.. I want to watch her weight close until I am sure she has settled in and is alright with being here.

I brought her briefly up here to see the other cars and she hissed and growled at all of them... Back to my bedroom and shut the door!

Scooter's Mom
02-04-2007, 07:32 PM
She's beautiful! I think she looks pretty comfortable, all things considered.

I'm sure your mother is smiling down on you both, knowing how much love you will give one another.

Crystal

catfamily
02-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Bo is just a gorgeous love bug.That face is so kissable.please give Bo some kissess for me.I'll bet she's so happy smelling her mommy's(your mom's)things plus she has you too that she knows is in the family :) This is wonderful.She looks happy already!

krazyaboutkatz
02-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Kitty Boo is adorable and I'm glad to hear that her trip went well and that she's now a new member of your household.:)

Reachoutrescue
02-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Kitty Boo is so pretty. I am glad she is finally with you.

kimlovescats
02-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Nice to meet you, Kitty Boo! Aren't you a beautiful girl! You are so lucky to have moved in with Laura, and she is blessed to have her momma's special girl too! What a blessing all the way around!!! :)

I'm so happy for you both, Laura!

Hugs,
Kim

IttyBittyKitty
02-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Awwww, she's such a pretty orange girl ... and she looks very cuddly!

And I love the cat pile, Catmandu!! :D

CultureJunky
02-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Well hello Kitty Boo! I'ts so nice to meet you and a wise old senior feline too, I'm sure you have a lot of words of wisdom to share with us all.
I hope you settle in well :) You deserve it for being such a comforting companion ;)

Freedom
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Such a sweet lady! It will take a bit for the introductions, but she is used to living with other cats, and so are yours, so give it patience. All WILL be well, your Mom is smiling down and will help make it happen.

sirrahbed
02-05-2007, 08:16 AM
That is a wonderful story about Kitty Boo and your Mama. It really makes me happy to read about and think about. Such a loyal friend.

Kitty Boo looks like a sweetheart. You know I love those orangies and believe they have a special quality gene in them.

It will be so good to follow her progress and to see more pictures.

Thanks for posting Laura.

smokey the elder
02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
What a pretty orange girl Kitty Boo is!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh Laura, she looks like such a sweetie. I'm so glad you could take her in and keep her safe until it's time for her and your mom to be reunited. Hopefully that won't be for a real long time though. ;)

Keep us updated on how the introductions go. :)

doolittleky
02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Laura, Kitty Boo is just bootiful! can't wait to see more pics of her.
Melissa

catnapper
02-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Laura, you have another new kitty? From what I gather, her reason for joinging the family isn't the happiest of reasons, but I'm still glad to hear you have a new kitty. I'm sure she'll love her new furry friends once she settles in.

catfamily
02-05-2007, 05:03 PM
It looks like Chaucer beat my Harry at being Bo's Valentine.Maybe next year :) ;)
Harry said he can wait :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/carla_mike/catfamily%205/2-7-07harrysunshine.jpg

cassiesmom
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Hello, Kitty Boo! You are a very pretty kitty!

Laura's Babies
02-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Keep paws crossed for Boo tomorrow morning. She has a appointment for my vet to check her out tomorrow morning and to have her microchipped. I am sure she has ear mites, she has a ongoing history of them and not being able to get rid of them... I HOPE there is a shot/pill or something they can give her for that these days. You can NOT put drops in her ears, I already know that and got the scars to prove it.

Sis called today to check on her and will call again tomorrow after we get back from the vets. She said Fred, her other cat kept waking her up all night long last night..... he misses Boo!

catlover4ever
02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
How did I miss this....Welcome to the PT Family Kitty Boo!!! You bring sunshine everywhere you go. :cool:

catfamily
02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I hope Bo gets a clean bill of health.Funny the orangie I have has a history of earmite problems too but the shelter doused both ears with a combination(mineral oil and antifugus solution).Maybe the vet and helper can scruff her to drowned them out with mineral oil.
Is she a toughy to hold Laura?She must be like my Bowie(black cat).we cannot do a thing with him.(But sleeps on our head every night)Go figure! :rolleyes:
Hoping and praying for the best.

jennielynn1970
02-05-2007, 07:29 PM
What a gorgeous girl! I think adopting senior cats is so rewarding! I love mine!

Laura's Babies
02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Carla, when she sees you coming at her with something in your hand, she FREAKS. When I lived with them, she had them (ear mites) bad and they gave us meds to put in them everyday... HA! If you even opened the bottle in another room, she FREAKED and ran to hide. It was during this time that her ear got messed up like it is, she scratched a blood vessel in it, it filled up with blood like a ballon, they had to knock her out to drain it, then sewed the front back to the back and told us it would never look the same and her ear has been like that ever since. That is why I am hoping things have improved in the 6 years since I lived with them... a shot or a pill? I can only HOPE!

jenn_librarian, I am PROUD to have her and she has mellowed out so much in her old age that I can't believe she is the same little orangie girl my Mama had. In her younger years, nobody but Mama could touch her but my sister said about 8 or 9 months ago, she mellowed out and calmed down and now LOVES to be loved on and petted.... by anybody! She is just SO SWEET now!

AbbyMom
02-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome, Kitty Boo! So glad you can stay with your new mommy.

Hope the vets have something new for ear mites.

catfamily
02-05-2007, 09:25 PM
And plus she's nervous from the change too.That makes it soooo hard to get a kitty in good health when you can't get near them.Good Luck tomorrow Laura.Maybe one shot of a relaxing medicine toofor her.lol
kidding.
Poor thing.I hope you and your vet can think of something for her ears.
You may need to get those plug in feliways at www.upco.com
that's the cheepest place I found them at.They seemed to mellow my house out a lot.

phesina
02-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Poor thing.I hope you and your vet can think of something for her ears.
You may need to get those plug in feliways at www.upco.com
that's the cheepest place I found them at.They seemed to mellow my house out a lot.

The Feliway plug-ins and refills are even cheaper at Care-A-Lot Pet Supply -- http://www.carealotpets.com

Pat

lvpets2002
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
;) WoW Kitty Boo you are so adorable && Healthy :eek: .. Welcome to the PT family..

momcat
02-06-2007, 05:16 PM
I am hoping things have improved in the 6 years since I lived with them... a shot or a pill? I can only HOPE!
Hi Laura! When Groucho was a baby he also had a problem with ear mites. Each time we went to our vet, she cleaned his ears then put some drops in. At our second or third visit she checked his ears again, still had the ear mites. Doctor then cleaned both of Groucho's ears but that time gave him a shot for them. Groucho hasn't had an ear mite since our vet gave him that shot. I don't know what the shot was but it sure worked! You may want to ask your vet about it.

Laura's Babies
02-06-2007, 05:54 PM
She has a ear infection, not mites but I DID ask him about pills or a shot if she did. He was looking in her ears when I was saying that and he said he was sure it was just a food allergy and it had caused a infection. She is on a allergen free food now and we will see how she does on that.

I have that calming spray and been using that around the house since she came here but I may go ahead and get some of that Feliway to help speed things up! I want her in the living room SO bad!!!

catfamily
02-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Laura I'm so happy for you...And Bo :) Bo will be happy there.I have a really good feeling about it.I'm sure the allergy free food will help a lot.