PDA

View Full Version : Chain letters

animal_rescue
02-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Hehehe I don't know why I posted this but for some reason this chain letter just cracked me up.

In 2007, at this very second, someone without a life is reading the following message. You are reading the words Bukahnah Bukahnah. Now you will have to repost this five times or else... um... you'll sit there wondering what happens if you don't.

xcolbi
02-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Haha, that's a strange chain letter! I've gotten those a lot! Someone sent me one that said:

Hi my name is (whatever the name was). I am 15 and I am dead. I have no nose and no ears. If you don't send this to 15 people in the next 5 minutes, I will show up by your bed at 10:00 tonight and stab you in the heart.

Not the exact words but pretty close to it. :p

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Haha, that's a strange chain letter! I've gotten those a lot! Someone sent me one that said:

Hi my name is (whatever the name was). I am 15 and I am dead. I have no nose and no ears. If you don't send this to 15 people in the next 5 minutes, I will show up by your bed at 10:00 tonight and stab you in the heart.

Not the exact words but pretty close to it. :p

That's extremely creepy and illegal. I would never reply to a chain letter and rarely open anything that is FW: This is just my opinion on this. It is illegal to send any chain letters that have threats in them. No matter how silly they seem.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I simply despise chain letters!!

Daisy and Delilah
02-05-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm with you Lut!! Can someone tell me, what is the purpose of those things? Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. What good do they do anybody except to clog up your email system? I immediately delete all of them. I have never re-sent one and I don't feel bad about it either ;)

Years ago, I would read some of them and they always seem to threaten you at the end with great misfortune if you don't send them to all of your friends. What is up with that? :confused: :confused: :confused:

BC_MoM
02-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Friends are always spamming my inbox with chain letters. I don't even open them, they go right into my trash bin. The only ones I glance at are ones from my parents.

xcolbi
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
That's extremely creepy and illegal. I would never reply to a chain letter and rarely open anything that is FW: This is just my opinion on this. It is illegal to send any chain letters that have threats in them. No matter how silly they seem.

Exactly! Everytime I get one now I just delete it. There's no point in making them anyways. They're pretty stupid in my opinion.

LoudLou
02-05-2007, 03:03 PM
... Can someone tell me, what is the purpose of those things? ...

If you've got the time these are some interesting links:

http://www.snopes.com/luck/chain.asp

http://www.silcom.com/~barnowl/chain-letter/evolution.html

I love my "delete" and "Trash bin" in Outlook!
Myspace is notorious for the "Repost this 5x's or something will happen" I am glad "Delete" works well there too! :)