PDA

View Full Version : The Borzoi Drowned rat look- Hottie-*&Final picture pg2

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Well bath day for Hottie.. I promised to post what he looks like soaking wet .. lol. After he is dry- I will post the " groomed borzoi" look... lol..( pardon how I look- I am wet and uh wearing my " dry the dog" clothes.. lol..( I am wearing my husbands shirt.. lol )

TFTpwnsYou
02-04-2007, 09:39 AM
ROFL! Where'd Hottie go!?!?!? I laughed at the 2nd pic. That look on his face he just looks so embarrassed. "Oh come on mom. I look naked." lol. No biggie on the shirt. I think all women are guilty at some point of stealing their b/f or husbands shirt...lol.

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 09:51 AM
( yea but I look 20 pounds heavier than I am... but who cares- we all look like that washing a big dog... lol..)
I partially dry him, let him rest on a thick comforter and towel on him, then finish the drying when he is almost dry. It takes a long time to dry that coat with a regular dryer- MAN I WISH I HAD A METRO DRYER!

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
After first dry, then resting on a towel, then second dry- Now Hottie is resting on a comforter. He is dry enough to feel comfortable- ..

Husky15
02-04-2007, 10:44 AM
LOL! Great pictures of your drowned rat! :p He looks so cute. :D

gemini9961
02-04-2007, 10:54 AM
He looks pitiful standing there in the shower. My dogs have the same look when it's bath time for them too.

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 10:58 AM
yea- and thats before the shampoo and rinse out with a brush and the sprayer.. lol..

critter crazy
02-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Awwww.......Poor Hottie to be tormented like that!!!:eek:

applesmom
02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Looks like the toenails are next. Get em quick while he's all worn out from the bath. :D

cassiesmom
02-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Hottie, I bet you smell delicious after your bath! Could you ask your Mom to give you some petting for me. Some for Zubin, Galina and Femka, too, please.

chocolatepuppy
02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Poor Hottie! ;) Aw, bath time, such fun. ;) I never realized how tall Borzois were until seeing some of your pictures on here.

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Looks like the toenails are next. Get em quick while he's all worn out from the bath. :D
He is the one I can not do his nails- he is fine with everyone but us.. lol. I think it goes back to when he had his leg broken as a puppy then the follow up care with his stiches.. I take him into the groomer..

pnance
02-04-2007, 11:47 AM
He looks so pitiful in that bath.. ;) The long suffering why me.. :rolleyes:

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Poor Hottie! ;) Aw, bath time, such fun. ;) I never realized how tall Borzois were until seeing some of your pictures on here.
They are very tall- ! the underside of the kitchen counter top is 36- Hottie is at 34 even in his sulk.. lol. Standing square- both Hottie and Zubin head when easy is at my chest level- and Zubin more past it as his head is longer.

Lori Jordan
02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Lol that is adorable ill have to find pic after Lacy has a bath lol it is priceless if looks could kill id be dead already she hates baths.

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 12:25 PM
He says- " enough already mom- I am pretty enough.. . " lol...

Reachoutrescue
02-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Too cute. I bet that is a lot of work! Your dog is gorgeous!!

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Too cute. I bet that is a lot of work! Your dog is gorgeous!!
It is alot of work especially with Hotties mature male coat. I literally get in the tub- standing along side of him to rinse him out with a brush and water from the hose. He is at my waist in height, so its not like its easy to bend over him .. They have little undercoat so they are easy to rinse as far as brushing him out with the shower hose, but I do get wet! Zubins coat wil be close to what Hotties is by the end of this year. ( I need a metro dryer.. lol..)

Miss Z
02-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Hottie, I can honestly say that you are the most handsome drowned rat I've ever seen! :p :D

Thanks for sharing these pics Michelle!

TFTpwnsYou
02-04-2007, 01:28 PM
And now he's alllll handsome! :)

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 01:47 PM
:D He looks a lot younger in the first photo. The last one loooks the funnyest... hehe. he has a face like... (-_-) hehe. Wow... his coat is gorgeous in the "after" shot. :D BIS!!! (or BIH at least (the H is "house" ;) ) <sigh> so gorgeous... I could so easily bury my face in that big, thick borzoi coat... I wish my hair was that nice. :D

Haha, everybody steals someone else's clothes for the dirty work. I mean... who would wanna get their own clothes dirty? You can get someone else's dirty. :D

(note: I didn't know how big borzois were until I met you either :eek: )

(P.S. I found a copy of the "after" pic under Jenny's pillow. It has slobber all over it ;) )

MORE PHOTOS OF HANSOME!!! :D

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Post 4 has gotta be the sutest shot I've ever seen!!! (that is what I was refering to as the after pic, I didn't see the shot on the top of this page until after I made that post ;)

Man... That dog is beautiful!!! :D

xcolbi
02-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Hottie's name suites him! He's gorgeous! :p

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Hottie's name suites him! He's gorgeous! :p

This is the dog I'm never shutting up about ;) :p

xcolbi
02-04-2007, 02:06 PM
This is the dog I'm never shutting up about ;) :p

Haha, yes I know ;)

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 02:07 PM
But he's so precious!!! He's gorgeous!!! He's Jennys valentine!!! :p

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Thank you greyhound girl- did you get your 'hottie fix' now??? lol.
Hottie says to tell Jenny that well- he had to look good for Valentines.. rofl..

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 02:19 PM
hehe.. I could never have my fill of hottie pics. The tank was running on empty... I run on hottie pics. Right now I'm at about 2/3 a tank. I'll need to fill up before the end of the week. ;)

Psst! Jenny says she loves Hottie dearly, and would love him even if he was dirty. ;)

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
OOO. I just got an AWESOME idea!!!!! You ready? How about you give me 3 hottie pics a week. (that is fair) and Jenny 3 pics a week (you can't hold it against her- she's a dog!!!) Muh ha ha ha mwahahaha!!!

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Well-- Hottie loves an admiring public.. After all- he expects -DEMANDS to be admired... lol..

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 02:26 PM
hahaha... Another reason he should live with moi!!! :D I'm admireing of his thick long beautiful coat... He'd be warm up here... hahaha

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 02:40 PM
lollllllllll.. trust me MIchelle- he is highly admired here... lol.. And anywhere he goes as well.. One day we were walking in town. I had Hottie and Femka. This lady was driving and was so busy looking at him, she reended another car! She said she has never seen a flowing coat like that... More busy talking to us- ( I felt awful for her car) and asking about him..

GreyhoundGirl
02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
lollllllllll.. trust me MIchelle- he is highly admired here... lol.. And anywhere he goes as well.. One day we were walking in town. I had Hottie and Femka. This lady was driving and was so busy looking at him, she reended another car! She said she has never seen a flowing coat like that... More busy talking to us- ( I felt awful for her car) and asking about him..

ROFLAMO!!! I can see me doing that... :p he has such a beautiful coat!!! :D

Dorothy39
02-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, If I were Hottie, I'd demand as many compliments as time allows!!!

Gosh, that dog is so Beautiful Borzoimom, dirty or clean!!!

Great Bath Time Photos too, by the way!!

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Well, If I were Hottie, I'd demand as many compliments as time allows!!!

Gosh, that dog is so Beautiful Borzoimom, dirty or clean!!!

Great Bath Time Photos too, by the way!!
WHY THANK YOU! I passed your compliments onto him- he says- jeez mom- I looked like a drowned rat.." lol.. And " glad you showed what I really looked like.." lol..

Danegirl2208
02-04-2007, 04:19 PM
And how did i miss THIS!!! HOOTIE!!! He is so handsome! wet or dry LOL :)

wolf_Q
02-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Love the drowned rat look on you Hottie. ;) He is a beautiful dog!

elizabethann
02-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh my...those are some wet Borzoi's. How cute.

borzoimom
02-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh my...those are some wet Borzoi's. How cute.
Since I give cookies after a bath, if I wash one- zubin or galina or femka will go get in the tub... lol. They want another cookie.. lol..

Daisy and Delilah
02-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Hottie looks great even when he's wet. Yes sweetie!! You're still a super hottie :D

K9soul
02-04-2007, 10:30 PM
These are great pics! Thanks for the smiles :D. I just love how elegant they are.

kimlovescats
02-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Gorgeous ... both wet and dry! :)

Pam
02-05-2007, 05:12 AM
Love the pictures!!!! Hottie is so handsome - wet or dry! I will never complain about bathing Bella again. I thought she was a lot of dog to bathe! LOL! I guess I didn't realize how big borzois are until I saw the last picture with you beside him. He looks terrific Michelle. I can almost smell the clean fur all the way up here! :p

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 07:00 AM
Thank you for your comments. I posted this for greyhound girl and a few others on gabbly to see as they wanted me to know. However- I didnt realize so many would find this interesting. lol.. ( wont make that assumption again..).
Borzois have very little dander- probably because of lack of undercoat, and usually they stay clean. For coat maintence, I bathe once a month. It is a silky coat, and if it gets too dirty, just like a afghan hound, the coat will break when being brushed. Shampoos have to be mild because of the lack of dander on the skin, but able to get the dirt off that silky coat. My favorite is " Miracle" shampoo line.

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 03:09 PM
After Hottie saw allllllllllll the pictures of Jenny on Greyhoundgirls thread- he said its a good thing he got that stupid bath... lol..

wolflady
02-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow! :eek: What a handsome fella, and so big! I too thought it was interesting to see how big these dogs are with respect to people. He's huge! LOL

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
HOTTIE LET ME CUT HIS NAILS!!!! YES HE DID!!!! ( shock- falls over faint- need smelling salts... lol...)

cassiesmom
02-05-2007, 05:00 PM

LOL, LOL! I'd probably do the exact same thing. I was at the hardware store one Saturday morning over the summer and a man came walking up the block with a greyhound on a leash. He couldn't hardly get in the store because people in cars were looking at the dog and other people who were walking kept stopping to ask questions or if they could pet his dog.

The Eukanuba dog show was on Animal Planet again on Saturday night and I caught just the very end of the Hound group. (I was going to say the tail end - whoops - pun NOT intended!) And the Westminster dog show is going to be on later this month, yeay!

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 05:03 PM
LOL! I'd probably do the same thing. Hey, the Eukanuba dog show was on Animal Planet again on Saturday night and I caught just the very end of the Hound group. (I was going to say the tail end - whoops - pun NOT intended!) And the Westminster dog show is going to be on later this month, yeay!
Westminster is this monday and tuesday!

cassiesmom
02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Hottie DEMANDS to be admired...

That's a demand I'm more than willing to meet! Hottie, Galina, Femka, Zubin -- consider yourselves admired, admired, admired, admired!

borzoimom
02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
That's a demand I'm more than willing to meet! Hottie, Galina, Femka, Zubin -- consider yourselves admired, admired, admired, admired!
GOD BLESS YOU- and so do I!

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 01:10 PM
bump- here you go pm'r.. That is a mature male coat.

BorderColliez
02-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Aww verrry handsome :D

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Thats what a mature males' coat looks like wet - then dried.. Hottie thinks he is PURE royality.. lol..

cassiesmom
02-23-2007, 01:28 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=33715

Stay right there, Hottie - I'd love to hang out on your comforter with you :)

borzoimom
02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
He would love that! Make sure you pet him the whole time- you dont get any sleep- but he does.. lol.