PDA

View Full Version : Yay To Shelter Workers In Virginia!!!

moosmom
06-25-2002, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone!

I just read this and HAD to post it. Three cheers for the rescue workers in Arlington, VA!!

.Shelter employees caught in kitten rescue scheme

Arlington, Virginia-AP -- At least five workers at a Virginia animal shelter have resigned -- over their part in a scheme to save kittens.

The Washington Post says the workers had been taking home kittens that were to be euthanized and later returning them to the Arlington County shelter to be put up for adoption.

The paper says in some cases, the workers falsified documents to show that the animals actually had been put to death. They resigned when administrators found out.

The former employees say they broke the rules because the Arlington shelter, unlike many others, doesn't have a fostering program in which young or sick animals are cared for in individuals' homes rather than immediately put to death.

One of them says they couldn't bear to see baby animals dying just because they'd been born.

Former User
06-25-2002, 01:03 PM
YAY, YAY, YAY!! Good job! I'm glad they did that, I hope that opened few eyes now at the shelter.

zippy-kat
06-25-2002, 02:16 PM
Great job!!!

pupper-lover
06-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Save the poor kitties!!!! :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-25-2002, 07:03 PM
Too bad they resigned..... It is sad the shelter has such a crooked police.... three cheers for their heroic effort.....

sammi
06-25-2002, 10:06 PM
Good job. They may have gotten fired but at least they can go to bed at night knowing they at least tried.

moosmom
06-26-2002, 05:12 PM
Sammi,

AMEN TO THAT!!!