PDA

View Full Version : Protecting his turf

Sirrahsim
02-03-2007, 11:46 PM
I was all snuggled up in my blankets, sound asleep, when I woke up to a sound that I had never heard before. It sounded like a wolf howling except it was coming from in the house. I thought it might be Tyler laying in his room being silly but all was quiet in his room. Then I discovered that it was coming from the living room. Behind the curtains... I pulled back the curtain and heard two LOUD hisses. My sweet little Boomer was nose to glass door to nose with a neighborhood cat. So far I have chased this visitor away 3 times in an effort to let Boomer relax and BE QUIET but the blasted thing keeps coming back.

Hooray for Boomer for protecting his territory, I just wish that he'd protect it a little more quietly :rolleyes: :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-04-2007, 07:31 AM
So far I have chased this visitor away 3 times in an effort to let Boomer relax and BE QUIET but the blasted thing keeps coming back.

Hooray for Boomer for protecting his territory, I just wish that he'd protect it a little more quietly :rolleyes: :D

Maybe that "blasted thing" (haha) wants to meet Boomer, and welcome him to Texas?? :D :)

Sirrahsim
02-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Maybe that "blasted thing" (haha) wants to meet Boomer, and welcome him to Texas?? :D :)

That is very possible :D I wish he would do it during the day when we're not trying to sleep though!!! :D
The other kitty was very pretty. It looked like a siamese mix like my RB Ernie :( :D :D

sirrahbed
02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
:D I know that sound!

Boomer did at here too. There is a tuxie cat that comes to sit on our windowsill. Boomer would go into his "territory" mode and make this low groaning/growling sound that would wake us from sleep sometimes because it sounds so eerie. If the outside kitty would not leave or come near to where Boomer was "guarding" - usually on the back of the sofa near the window - Boomer would start to hiss and thrash against the window :D Dylan would be doing it with him, too.

He is very protective isn't he? :rolleyes:

catmandu
02-04-2007, 06:41 PM
I Noticed That In The Summer When The Found Cats Are On The Porch That They Know Just When A Porch Cats Out There Although They Are More Curious Than Aggressive.
I Guess Boomer Thinks Hes Best Suited For The Role Of A Guard Cat!!!

momcat
02-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Concatulations on a job well done, Boomer!!! Even though it was the middle of the night, I hope Meowmie rewarded you well.

Prairie Purrs
02-04-2007, 07:12 PM
There's a feral orangie who likes to sit on the outside sill of my bedroom window, and Angel wants to adopt him. :rolleyes: The orangie rubs against the outside of the window while Angel rubs against the inside. But if I go near the window, the orangie scoots away. :(

Laura's Babies
02-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I always did think Boomer was a super "Macho Kitty!".. He is just proving me right!