PDA

View Full Version : "Indoor Dog Potty"

areias
02-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Looks and feels like real grass! ;) I am just amazed at the things they come up with nowadays. Opinions on this one?

The link:
http://www.doggiebidet.com/index.php?section=1

PJ's Mom
02-03-2007, 10:41 PM
It's an interesting idea, but even living in an apartment now, I'd have a real problem with my dogs going potty inside.

Lori Jordan
02-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I do not think i would like it,It is pretty much giving the dog of an impression they can do there deed anywere,We all know some of our dogs take longer to train then others,I think that would mess up there total routine.

Kfamr
02-04-2007, 08:27 AM
I think it could mess with their routine, too. Seems a bit odd to me that someone would want that in thier home. :p MAYBE for a toy breed, but I couldn't imagine Nala-who-poops-like-a-horse going inside. :eek:

Lori Jordan
02-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I think it could mess with their routine, too. Seems a bit odd to me that someone would want that in thier home. :p MAYBE for a toy breed, but I couldn't imagine Nala-who-poops-like-a-horse going inside. :eek:
LOL even Molly,she was in a kennel until we brought her home,The first night she did her deed in the kitchen(Thank god i do not have any carpet in this house) I could not believe the size of it,it was bigger than a yorkie NO LIE!

Kfamr
02-04-2007, 08:34 AM
And they show two Danes, a GSD, a Rott, and a few Boxers their "valued customers" slideshow. :eek:

Lori Jordan
02-04-2007, 08:40 AM
lol The biggest breeds of dogs...What a mess :(

TFTpwnsYou
02-04-2007, 09:05 AM
It's a neat idea, but I'm on the same page with you all on the going in the house thing. Especially for a giant dog. And could you imagine if you didn't have a room set up with that in there just for the dog, and it decided it had to go when you had company over??? I guess if you didn't like the company that could clear them out quick!...lol.

dogzr#1
02-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Haha, although it is a good idea, I think it's fit for small dogs only. Molly and Astra tend to 'walk' when they go poop and that thing looks a bit small for them to be able to do that! Prince might go on it, but I doubt it. Even he's a bit of a walker! I would rather let them go outside to do their business.

chocolatepuppy
02-04-2007, 11:16 AM
With it being 5*F ,wind chill -8*, right now that thing is looking good! ;) I'll plant grass all over my basement! :D

Lori Jordan
02-04-2007, 11:59 AM
On another note,I did not realize the price,For the product itself is three hundred dollars,I would not spend that for my dog to take a crap in lol,Let alone you would have to replace the grass right,who knows how much that would cost,I would spend 300 in vet bills sure,They things they come out with lol

Freedom
02-04-2007, 03:30 PM
I think if you are going to do the indoor route, the dog litter box and dog litter are better. I mean, ou KNOW what you are looking at, and guests know to keep their toddlers away.

I think it is hilarious that they photo this as a part of your home decor. Even kitty litter boxes have privacy shields!!!

CathyBogart
02-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Something like this was originally invented for boaters who were going to be out all day to give their dogs somewhere to go. I've thought about something like this for Jasper, who seems bound and determined to pee indoors on the carpet every time I leave him home, but I would have the smae problem that I have with the puppy pads....he stands on the edge and lifts his leg....the pee all lands on the carpet!! *Scowl*

mike001
02-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Not sure about this, it would certainly beat the winter storms at -40c but the smell could fill the house pretty quick with a big dog. I think I wouldn't mind a toy breed too much, but you would have to build a room just for that in my opinion. Easier but more expensive than the outdoors, nature is free. :confused: