PDA

View Full Version : What Made You Cry Today?

dukedogsmom
02-03-2007, 06:00 PM
We have the smile thread and I thought I would start this one, as well. We can all vent here a little.

I bought a Valentine bear for Dasher's pics tonight. I was driving along feeling fine and all of a sudden started sobbing. It hit me that there will be no more photoshoots with Duke. He keeps getting further and further from me, if that makes any sense. I'm running out of room on my camera card because I don't want to remove his pics from them. Also, tomorrow would have been a year since I met Brian. I was hoping it would be a happy time. My heart hurts from all my losses :(

slick
02-03-2007, 06:19 PM
{{{hugs}}} to you Val. Remember, you are not alone.

I'm in the throws of trying to sell all the old furniture and "stuff" from my Mom's basement. Someone wanted a picture emailed to him so I was searching in my "pictures" directory. I came across a picture of Peanut from a year or two ago. Tears started welling up. I can't believe that little girl is gone and it brought back the pain from when I let Speckles go. :( :(

caseysmom
02-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Val, maybe you should just go buy a new memory card. You have mentioned that several times and obviously it really bothers you.

I am sorry about Brian, I hope he is doing okay.

mike001
02-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Duke dogs------I can only send cheerful vibes your way and hope the sadness start easing for you. Compared to you, my day was what you would call happy. After reading your post I realized how trivial our hurts are compared to others. :D

Kfamr
02-03-2007, 06:36 PM
On the way home from work, I saw a sign for a "FOUND BLACK AND TAN DOG" my heart sank and I had to go back and look. It's hard to explain, but it made me relive September.

Also, a Pedigree commercial was on TV. It showed a bunch of shelter dogs, saying "I know how to sit, roll over.. But I don't know how I got here." My mom and I both cried.

caseysmom
02-03-2007, 06:49 PM
We went to a shelter to donate used book and newspapers, not the shelter we volunteer at. I cried a bit, the dogs were obviosly not as well taken care of as the shelter we volunteer at.

cloverfdx
02-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Val {{Hugs}} coming your way, you will be in my thoughts.

Today so far it has been this...

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=88829

& the sad news that has followed

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=89860

It is a sad time for little Page's family :(.

Twisterdog
02-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Also, a Pedigree commercial was on TV. It showed a bunch of shelter dogs, saying "I know how to sit, roll over.. But I don't know how I got here." My mom and I both cried.

Oh, just reading that almost made me cry. :(

Kfamr
02-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh, just reading that almost made me cry. :(

Well, I found it, and it made me cry all over again.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OAxOtp4vDJQ

I don't agree with Pedigree's ingedients, but it's a great commercial. 30 seconds worth of TV and it made me bawl my eyes out.

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 07:19 PM
No crying today but I agree- that pedigree commercial is touching... But I am NOT buying their food and they wont let you contribute without buying the food- no thank you- and that is sad...

slick
02-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh Kay.....I had not seen that commercial..... :( :(

GreyhoundGirl
02-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Not today, but I cried the other day. It was the anniversairy of when my Pheobe passed. :(

dukedogsmom
02-03-2007, 07:57 PM
I've been meaning to mention that Pedigree commercial, too. Makes me sad every time I see it. I want that sweet old dog at the end. When he tilts his head, it pulls on my heart every time.

Chilli
02-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I was cleaning up my room a bit today and found alot of Norri's feathers I had saved and put in a plastic bag a long time ago. This brought back the night I saw him go downhill so fast and I cried my eyes out. :(

Here is a picture of all the feathers I found. The cup is full of alot of down feathers. They're all so so soft.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/RIPNorri.png
I miss my budgie boy.

I_luv_rusty
02-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Aww... I was at my friends house yesterday and my friend was like aww mom look thats so sad. I didn't actual pay attention to what it said just the cute animals, that so sad were the dogs "says" " But I know I'm a good dog". :(

xcolbi
02-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I was watching some home videos from a few years ago and my cat Sophie was in them. I started crying. :( Then I thought about the day when Colbi would die, and I started crying harder.

We had to watch a movie in school the other day. It was "Pay It Forward". I started crying at the end. :( I had no idea it would be sad, even though my friends who were sitting beside me kept saying, "Oh my gosh, this movie is sooo sad!"

catnapper
02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
I had to tell someone I couldn't take her dog. I REALLY want Molly. Hubby even agreed I could have her provided Nicki got along with her. He met Molly twice and loves her too. My student was even willing to wait the 3-4 months it would take for me to get financially back on our feet. She wants Molly to go to a great home and she knows I would take awesome care of her. I had to turn her down because it wouldn't be fair to Nicki or Pouncer. Its not time for another dog yet. :( And I REALLY want Molly.

Did I mention how much I REALLY want Molly? She's an awesome dog.

jazzcat
02-03-2007, 10:26 PM
My local tv news did a story about a woman in Mississippi, a Katrina victim, who found a family Bible in a box of donated clothing from here. There was a note stuck inside saying that it was her grandmother's Bible and she hoped it brought the person who found it some comfort. The lady who found said it was what she needed at the low point in her life and she wanted to find who donated it. Many months later they located her here in Knoxville and the tv station flew her down to meet the woman who found her grandmother's Bible. They both bawled like babies hugging each other when they first met and it had me bawling too.

It was nice to see such a heartwarming story on the news instead of so much death and devastation.

PJ's Mom
02-03-2007, 10:37 PM

That commercial gets to me everytime I see it. :(

K9karen
02-03-2007, 11:17 PM

Yeah, Kay, saw that commercial too. Major tears and hugs on Mz Klo.

What made me cry today? Everything, Just one of those days feeling lost and sad and in pain and plain miserable. But I'm better now.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-04-2007, 03:54 AM
Last night, my son saw his friend cross the road to get something in his car. The boy was hit by a drunk driver. His hip-bone was sticking out and he was bleeding a lot,but still concious :eek: . He was rushed to the hospital and is operated already.... Poor boy :( :(

dukedogsmom
02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
You came into my life a year ago today, unexpectedly. We qucikly fell for each other, you even quicker than me. Almost immediately we were inseparable. I would call you every night before I went to bed. And since you worked at home, we could keep in touch on Yahoo all day. I loved my Sidekick because it kept me closer to you. Now, it's a sad reminder you're not here. I visited you in July and we were so very happy. It was like the honeymoon I never had. I fell in love with your town. We had such happy plans. I couldn't wait to move to be with you this year. In October of last year, our happiness was ripped from us when we just barely found it. I'm so thankful I was able to be with you after you got ill. You were still the loving man I knew. A month later, that was gone, too. Your strokes/heart attacks left you helpless. I can't imagine how horrible it must be. Now, you don't want contact with anyone and I've respected that. I just wish our last conversation had been a happier one. It's been 2 1/2 months since then. I miss you so much. I wish I could change things. It's so unfair that our happiness was taken from us, almost as soon as we got it. You showed me what love could and should be like. I will be forever greatful for that. You're a great man who doesn't deserve what happened to you. I'll always have a place in my heart for you. I just wish you could see this, that we could talk again. I hope you will find peace.

Freedom
02-04-2007, 08:28 AM
I found out my friend Nanette died. I've known her over 20 years. I am still in shock with this news.

cassiesmom
02-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Nothing yet. The Pedigree commercial mentioned in previous posts just does me in every time. Thinking about an acquaintance with a "full plate" had me very down yesterday. Knock wood, it's a good day.

buckner
02-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I feel like I've been crying non-stop the past two days. I get down and extremely depressed when I'm by myself doing nothing... it leaves room for thinking, and thinking usually causes trouble in my head. So what did I do? Turned on music... and surprisingly, it didn't help, just made me feel even more lousy and I started bawling even harder...

Sigh, I want all the pain to be erased. I hate crying.. I feel so weak.

caseysmom
02-04-2007, 12:29 PM
I am sorry for everyone's pain.

Lut, That is just horrible, your son must have been so scared not to mention what his friend went through.

Val, Any news on how Brian's health is?

Buckner, I am so sorry, maybe you should get some fresh air, take yourself to a pretty place and hike/walk?

animal_rescue
02-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Today when I went into the quarantine room today only to find one of the black & white kittens dying in his little bed. It broke my heart to see him still barely hanging on. He even mewed with hurt me even more. I stayed with him while he went and petted him, after I started petting him I pretty much lost it. The other kennel attendant called the manager, but I left soon after that. :(

Argranade
02-04-2007, 12:41 PM
There is one comercial I LOVE! for sick kids hospital,

I'm sure you will too .... I don't cry but it's sad .. gives me shivers lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFNI-DT6WWU

k9krazee
02-04-2007, 12:43 PM
"My" little 2 year old guinea pig Rouge (he was the son of my Elvis and lives with my cousin) isn't doing well and is going downhill fast, my cousin wasn't sure if he'd make it through the night, and I haven't heard any news yet. It rips my heart into pieces, I loved that little guy. :(

CathyBogart
02-04-2007, 01:27 PM
http://badrap-blog.blogspot.com/

The current post in BAD RAP's blog...a longish story about a sick pit bull's road to recovery and a sick little boy who offered his life's savings to save his best friend.

animal_rescue
02-04-2007, 01:59 PM
There is one comercial I LOVE! for sick kids hospital,

I'm sure you will too .... I don't cry but it's sad .. gives me shivers lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFNI-DT6WWU

OMG ='( that did make me cry, I'm still crying watching that. How heart breaking :(.

Toby's my baby
02-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Some happy tears some sad.. Sad tears knowing that my boyfriend is probably leaving all summer to go to basic training and that I wont get to see him. Happy tears.. knowing that we are strong enough to make it through the summer and all the hard times, and happy tears when he tells me how much he loves me and all the little compliments he gives me.

Hugs to all of you that have cried lately.

lizbud
02-04-2007, 04:11 PM

I've seen that ad too. :( It gets to me every time. :( I am so glad that
the Pedigree company made this to air often on TV. I sure hope it spreads
the word on what great animals are available in shelters everywhere.

cyber-sibes
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
:( oh gosh, I think I'm just on an emotional roller coaster right now. We buried my aunt a few days ago, and the things people said at her funeral had me in tears. She had a very difficult life, and I just felt so sad that never seemed to find any lasting happiness. She was such a loner. Her mom was institutionalized when she was only 9. Her dad was an alcoholic, and she married another alcoholic whose family was quite meanspirited towards her. She developed very peculiar behaviors and lived as a recluse for many years, always promising to meet family for lunch, and then disapper beforehand for hours. She spent the last 7 years in a nursing home with Alzheimers & dimensia. She couldn't move since a stroke 3 years ago. God bless her, she's better off now.
I've also been out of sorts because I have to pack the house so we can move. I don't like strangers in my home and the house is going up for sale as soon as I clean it top to bottom. I'm not thrilled about leaving the state because my two sons live here.

Whew, sorry to go on so long, it did feel good to let it out.
*I think I'll skip that Pedigreed commercial for now, just hearing about it is making me sad.

cloverfdx
02-04-2007, 06:30 PM
How can people be so cruel... a friend just found out what has happened to one the dogs she bred :(......

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=90139

Read if you like, if not good vibes would be appreciated.

luvofallhorses
02-04-2007, 07:08 PM

that made me cry today. :( It's so sad.

Laura's Babies
02-04-2007, 08:19 PM
A pretty 13 year old girl came up missing not far from us Thursday when she got off the school bus...It was not a happy ending! This has me SO sad.... she was a only child for her Mom and they were so close.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/5547901.html

Chilli
02-05-2007, 06:30 AM
I was thinking this morning about Chewy(my ex-BIL's poodle that died a little while back from a hernia), and how now I have the money, and if he was still alive and it was operable, I would have given them the money to get the surgery done. I don't see why they couldn't come up with that ammount of money themselves.. maybe they didn't think it was worth it for a 9 y.o. poodle? I certainly think it would have been. :(

Lobodeb
02-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I cry for my dad often. I miss him so much. He's also missing out on so much. I know he would have loved my son, not just because he's his grandfather, but because of his wonderful personality. I just can't help but feel that my dad is missing out on so much.

Then, my husband was watching videos on my iPod and put this song on. It always makes me cry. It really describes how I feel about my dad being gone.

http://mv.us.music.yahoo.com/player/videoconfig.asp?cid=1&ps=0&vid=36465596&tw=LaunchVideoTarget

Lobodeb
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
How about some happy tears?

First, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I cried when Hugito took his first steps. That was a very bittersweet moment for me.

And, one of my colleagues just sent me this video. The baby in the stroller had me crying from laughter. Maybe because Hugito gets a kick out of the dogs running around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQSpHN6C7c

lizbud
02-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the laughs this morning. :) How about that baby spitting out the peas & the dog catching them. :D :D

CathyBogart
02-05-2007, 06:05 PM
My BF and I had a long talk last night to the gist of "we're both unhappy, we both need to work to fix this, and the dog is at the root of a lot of it because he doesn't want a dog but won't make me get rid of Jasper" (not that he could if he tried) There were upset tears in the beginning and happy tears at the end, then again this morning.

jackmilliesmom
02-06-2007, 05:40 AM
I have cried non stop for over a week now and will continue crying for a long time I became pregnant just after Christmas and lost my 5th baby so far and now they have discovered that I am very sick and will lose my womb as the infection inside it is tearing it apart.

That is my reason for crying today and for the last week and for another long time still to come.

Can I just say thanks to everyone who has prayed for me for those prayers I am grateful even if I do not seem to appreciate them.

cloverfdx
02-06-2007, 06:00 AM
jackmilliesmom i am so sorry sending gentle {{Hugs}} your way.

The fight for the survival of Leo the Poodle (See my previous post) has had me in tears most of the day.. what a brave little fighter.

pitc9
02-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Many hugs to you all that are feeling pain and or sadness.
Val, Pat, jackmilliesmom, everyone else....

CathyBogart-I hope things work out for you both. I know FIRST hand how a dog can rip 2 people apart.

When that Pedigree comes on I have to turn the channel, I can't watch it without bawling my eyes out.

I cried this morning leaving the house because my husband didn't say he loved me. We never leave the house without saying I love you.
(we've been fighting and are not doing good at all)

dukedogsmom
02-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Casey missing Dale and Duke (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121518)

I never dreamed this thread would be so popular. I'm sorry to everyone that's having hard times. At least we can help each other here.

Flatcoatluver
02-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Well probably no biggie to others, but it crushed me.

I went to the dentist today and for the first time I had a cavity, 2 in-fact! My dentist also told me I need to go to a physical therapy, because my jaw is runined and will get worse in time. I also have a deep indent in my tooth from my braces being pulled off, so now the dentist has to reshape my teeth. I am just so upset, it feels like there is problem after problem at this moment in my life. Sorry for taking up space, but it was a good vent.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
02-06-2007, 03:49 PM
What made me cry was reading all of your posts. :( I am so sorry to everyone that is feeling pain and I wish I could take it away from all of you. My heart just aches reading the words of everyone that is sad.

I'm just stressed. I cry nearly every other day, if not every day. I am like Sara where if I am alone, I sit and think, and I think about the things that are going wrong and it ends up ruining me and I start to cry. Lately it's just ths little things setting me off. I feel like my dad is spending more of his time and effort on his girlfriend than he is on us kids. That just breaks my heart simply because he said that he would never put anyone before us and he just isn't like that, you know? My daddy has always been my lifeline and now we don't talk as much as we used to.

Another thing is I just have so much on my plate. I am in the pit orchestra fors the Cats production and we have 7 shows over the next 4 days. I just need time to myself. I'm either at practice, a show, or work. I don't ever stop moving and a lot of the time I get home and crash and just cry because I stop and think about things, mostly my friends. Most of you know we've been having problems. They've stepped into the drinking scene and have completely left me in the dust without looking back. Conversation seems forced between us, and this scares me to death because for the longest time, they were all I had, and now they act like I'm nothing. I'm a very sensitive person and knowing that they don't care anymore breaks my heart, everyday. And everyday it just gets more obvious. It hurts me so bad.

Add to that, there's one person that I miss more than anything, and I can't see him. It's been a hard few weeks.

Good luck everyone. *hugs* Things can only look up, right?

Pembroke_Corgi
02-06-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry to see that so many of us have problems! I guess such is life.

I didn't cry today, but I am feeling overwhelmed. I called in sick at one job to work on a huge assignment all day today, went to my other job, and now I'm working on more school work. I just want to be done! But I also want to do a good job. I have to quit one of my jobs and I've been feeling extreme anxiety on how to broach the subject with my boss. I was dreaming about it all last night. I just wish it was all a bit easier. :(

Taking a break on PT always helps. I think I'm going to read the smile thread now to cheer up!

Catty1
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Abbygirl - your friends may treat you like nothing, but WE all know you are SOMETHING!

I know the strain of showtime and a run of performances.

What works for me is staying in today and thinking of just one show at a time.

And how about planning a wee holiday when the show is over? Even a day trip with maybe a new friend or two in the orchestra?

HUGS!

dukedogsmom
04-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Happy tears to see how PTers have come together to help Jess with Raven's surgery.

And sad ones because of missing Duke. How I wish I could turn back time to happier times.

Vela
04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Happy tears to see how PTers have come together to help Jess with Raven's surgery.

And sad ones because of missing Duke. How I wish I could turn back time to happier times.

Awww I'm sorry you had one of those days. It is so hard losing one so dear like Duke.

I have also cried happy tears to see how PT has come together for them.

I cried sad tears over Barbaro yet again. His baby brother was born today, and while that is happy, it made me miss him again.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-21-2007, 02:37 PM
I haven't cried today, but two days ago was just a slap in the face.

This guy I kinda/sorta am friends with finally told me he liked me and wanted to date me, at one point. He then goes off to tell me that he doesn't want to date me anymore because he thinks that I don't know what I want, and that I just want someone to care about me. He then proceeds to give me a huge lecture about how I need to grow up and stop being scared about relationships, and I just need to let go of all the stuff that's dragging me down. It not only made me sad, but it made me angry because HE is the one who won't get into a relationship because his ex-gf "ruined" him.

But that night, after everyone told me I was being the bad person and chasing HIM around (which I wasn't), I realized that he's partially right. I don't know what I want and I'm terrified to be in a relationship again. I got tossed around so bad in the first one, I don't know what the hell to do. My emotions are just really out of whack and he TOLD me that, and I finally accepted it.

*sigh* What a good ranting thread. Hugs to everyone, we'll make it.

Whisk_Luva
04-21-2007, 02:41 PM
me and my friend today, we were making a movie, it was so funny! We both ended up in fits of giggles. I cried with laughter.

Roxyluvsme13
04-21-2007, 02:53 PM
I haven't cried today.. but I cried yesterday because my friends are dorks :p.

Chilli
04-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I've been kind of having an "off" day today.
Just crying because its a nice day and I'd give anything to spend it with my dad. :(

Toby's my baby
04-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Wow.. reading my old post in this thread made me realize how much things have changed...

I cried today, thinking about moving to Arizona this summer. My boyfriend isn't going to basic training this summer, but now I'm moving across the country. I'm very upset about moving, and hopefully I can figure something out so i dont have to go.

Scooter's Mom
04-21-2007, 10:01 PM
I cried today thinking about the possibility of my Charlie kitty being sick. Charlie goes back for his next vet visit on May 19th.

And about the fact that I might be, too.

I have been having tests run since January 15th. The docs said to wait a few months and go back for some follow up tests. I go back on May 21st and 29th for the follow up tests. I'd like Cancer to remain only my astrological sign, not something growing in my body. *sigh*

It's been a rough day, overall.

DrKym
04-21-2007, 10:01 PM
I cried knowing that Goof is still not home.

Alysser
04-21-2007, 10:15 PM
I cried while I was looking at the picture of my RB budgie, Sunny. :( It has been over two years and I am still not over it. I really don't know if I'll ever completely heal from this pain. I miss him SO much...