PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason To Love GSD'S

lizbud
02-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Like I need another reason. LOL :)

Woman Says Hero Dog Dragged Her To Safety

POSTED: 2:04 pm EST February 3, 2007
UPDATED: 2:16 pm EST February 3, 2007

THOMASVILLE, Ga. -- A wayward dog is being hailed as a hero for saving a Georgia woman's life.

Shannon Lorio, 36, said her car careened down an embankment, tossing her through the rear window and leaving her sprawled, cut and bleeding, on the vehicle's trunk. She said the German shepherd found her bruised and battered on the trunk.

She said he pulled her by her shirt collar, dragged her about 50 yards through briars to a highway and let her lean against him so she could flag a passing motorist.

Lorio said the dog, now nicknamed "Hero," is always going to have a special place in her heart. She bought him a bone and some treats.

Hero's previous owners gave him to a Humane Society shelter because he kept wandering off. But he won't be there long. At least 50 people have offered to adopt him. A dog trainer has agreed to see if Hero has the right stuff for search and rescue work.

Lorio said she can't adopt Hero because she already has six dogs .

borzoimom
02-03-2007, 06:05 PM
I read that- and that and many other reasons, the GSD holds a special place in my heart!

mike001
02-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Just finished reading about that, thought it was so great. Shepherds were always my first choice in dogs. :)

Dorothy39
02-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Lizbud,

I wanted to click onto that story yesterday , but was too rushed while online!! Sooo~~~ THANK-YOU for Posting this thread on Pet Talk~~~~

I really think "Hero" passed the test for ***Search and Rescue ****with Flying Colors!!!!

German Sheperd Dogs are the Greatest!!!!!!!

prechrswife
02-04-2007, 12:31 PM
What a great story, and that happened not too far from where we live...