PDA

View Full Version : Update on Peewee and the others(Pics)

emilysgk
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
The baby is doing pretty well. We had a small incedent (if you call it that) last night. It was my fault. He latched on yesterday, and again, I kept seeing it, I was SO happy. After the first spotting (after he only took half a feeding) I thought I would space the hand feeding out since he is nursing at least some. I figured about every 4 hours. Well I kept seeing it, so I gave a trial run with him just relying on mom. It failed. He seemed content and well, but after about 6hrs I found he was getting mildly dehydrated, so back to feedings. Im doing every 3-4hours as of now. The others are already growing noticably, especially cow girl. She is ALWAYS latched on. Big girl too. (she is the one with 6 toes) Actually the wee one has them too. Snow is still not mother of the year. lol She is doing better at cleaning them at least. But sometimes I have to remind her to go back. She will come out and hang around the house like usual, often for over an hour. Thats when I take her back in there, and usually I wake the babies and she will settle down with them. Im not sure how long she would stay away if I didnt.

Here are some pics of the baby after a feeding today. You can see his color showing up, I keep finding more and more markings. It may turn out to be a dilute calico after all? Still less than half the size of its siblings, but deffinatly improving.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/emilysgk0/kitty/lilshit2days-1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/emilysgk0/kitty/lilshit2days-2.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/emilysgk0/kitty/lilshit2days-3.jpg

catmandu
02-03-2007, 04:58 PM
What A Sweet Little Baby Cat.
We Are Praying That Our God Lord And His New Guardians Will Be Able To Pull Him Through The Next Crucial Months.
The Momma Cat Angels Will Be There To Help In Any Way They Can With Milk And Tiny Bits Of Meat.
Pee Wee Is On Our Prayer List , And We Are Praying As Hard As We Can.

Freedom
02-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Go on, baby, keep eating, you will feel SO much better!!!! Thanks for the update, Emily.

Scooter's Mom
02-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Thank you for the update. I'm praying for all of the kitties, especially little pee wee.

rg_girlca
02-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh dear sweet widdle Pee Wee, you just have to keep eating and getting stronger each day. I know all to well that you are not out of the woods yet, so I am sending big time PRAYERS out to you. You just HAVE to make it sweetie.

What a relief to know that Snow is starting to show more interest in her babies. They are all so adorable and such pretty calicos.

Emilysgk, you are doing such a wonderful job with these babies. Keep it up. :)

krazyaboutkatz
02-03-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm glad to hear that Pee Wee is doing better and I hope that all of the kittens continue to thrive.:) They sure are adorable. I think that Pee Wee might be a tortie.;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Awwww what a cute little baby!! Does he/she have a name yet?

How about "Snow-flake" ?

fatcat91
02-04-2007, 10:35 AM
awwwwww cute little pee wee praying for you and the rest of the kittes(and of course meowmie) he does look quite like a tortie actualy