PDA

View Full Version : Job update...

moosmom
02-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I called Joan Hunt at the Reminder yet AGAIN. This time I got her. Before she could even tell me I didn't get the reporter/staff writer job, I informed her I'd needed to be taken out of the running, as I found a better paying job. She was a little dumbfounded but wished me luck. Why they couldn't tell me I didn't get the job to begin with is beyond me. Oh well, THEIR LOSS!!!

davidpizzica
02-03-2007, 04:59 PM
I called Joan Hunt at the Reminder yet AGAIN. This time I got her. Before she could even tell me I didn't get the reporter/staff writer job, I informed her I'd needed to be taken out of the running, as I found a better paying job. She was a little dumbfounded but wished me luck. Why they couldn't tell me I didn't get the job to begin with is beyond me. Oh well, THEIR LOSS!!!
Exactly! Why they passed up a talented worker like you is beyond me. Donna, they should have been honest with you at the begining instead of leaving you hanging! In your own words "THEIR LOSS!"

kimlovescats
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
It really irritates me when a company doesn't have the guts to call you and tell you the truth! If you keep calling, the least they can do is to return your call so you can move on. Good job for beating her to the punch! ;)

smokey the elder
02-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Yep, they snozzed and lost.

CathyBogart
02-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Truly their loss!!

cyber-sibes
02-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Too bad you couldn't see her jaw drop when you told her! :eek:
Are you going to stay part-time at the store?

Edwina's Secretary
02-05-2007, 07:07 PM
It happens both ways. I am amazed that people who, two days before, submitted their resume for a posted job opening, do not return a phone call. And those who do not show up for an interview they schedule.

Some people just do not recognize the inconvenience they cause others.