PDA

View Full Version : To All My PT Friends.....**UPDATE**

RobiLee
02-03-2007, 07:34 AM
I wanted to pop in and say thank you to all of my wonderful Pet Talk friends for all of your support. This thank you is way past due. I'm sorry about that. Thank you for all of the cards, letters, gifts, PMs, emails and prayers. I'm sorry that I have not taken the time to thank each of you individually. I have saved every thing so that I can do that, but I am not living at my house right now and can't remember all of the names behind all of that great support.

I wasn't handling my situation very well and pretty much went off the "deep end" and was completely unstable. My parents convinced me to come and stay with them for awhile. I've been here for about a month now. I'm doing a bit better and have even managed to get a full time job. I don't know what is going to happen between Alden and I. Things started to get a bit nasty but lately we have been talking and in my heart I still hope for us to reconcile and heal our marriage. I'm scared though because I don't want to be hurt and go through all that pain again. Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts still.

I know I have missed a lot of stuff going on here at Pet Talk. I'm sorry that I haven't been around. I hope that you are all doing well and that your pets are well also. I have just been so preoccupied with my situation and trying to take care of myself that I haven't been around for any one else. Selfish and self centered, I guess, but it is what I had to do to survive.

Again, thank you for caring and for your support.

{{{MANY HUGS}}}.........Robin

Pam
02-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Robin, please don't feel the need to apologize. Those of us who know what you have been going through totally understand. I am so grateful that you checked in this morning. You will of course be in everyone's prayers and thoughts.

I'm glad that you took up your parents' offer to stay with them for awhile. It isn't good to be alone when you are going through something like you have been dealing with. You need to get away from the old four walls for a while.

Congratulations on your new job. Though it might be difficult to adjust to in the beginning I think it will be therapeutic. It is hard to try and think of worrisome things when one is at work and on the job. Your mind is just forced to think of other things. I know there have been times when I was grateful to go to work just to get my mind off of some things.

Please check in as you have the time and feel like you want to. Please give Katie and Tori some hugs from us all and here are some especially for you. ((((hugs))))

joycenalex
02-03-2007, 07:53 AM
((hugs)) back at ya! keep breathing, and do the next right thing girlfriend.

cyber-sibes
02-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Hello Robin, Im glad you checked in with us, and are safe and surrounded by people who love you. Of course you are still in my prayers, and whatever the outcome, God has a plan for your life. It may be diferent than what you thought (I know mine is), but you have so much to share with the world.
Take care, take your time, and take it easy. (((hugs))) :)
Star & Sherms send you sweet husky kisses. Hug your pups for me.

Daisy and Delilah
02-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Robin, I'm so glad you have checked in with us. I've been so worried about you. I know how hard this has been for you. Please take care of yourself and I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Check in with is whenever you feel like it. You know we all wish you only the best. Please give those gorgeous girls some kisses and hugs from us :)
{{{{{ROBIN}}}}}

4 Dog Mother
02-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Ahh, Robin, you are right - sometimes we have to be self-centered and do what we need to do for ourselves to survive. I meant to be one of the ones to support you during this difficult time but have not done it except in prayer. I hope things turn out all right for you - as cyber-sibes said - sometimes that is not at all what we had planned or expected but simply what is. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

lizbud
02-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Robin, thank you so much for checking in here at PT. :) It makes me
sad to think that someone so sweet & caring of others has such pain in
their live I am very glad you have a safe place to fall right now with your
parents & that things will get easier & better than ever with time.

You are always in my prayers. Love ya Robin. :) Liz, Smokey & Maggie.

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-03-2007, 09:02 AM
:) HI ROBIN !!!
I am so happy to see you back posting!

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2007, 09:14 AM
:)

HI, Robin!!

I'm doing a bit better and have even managed to get a full time job.

... but it is what I had to do to survive.

Again, thank you for caring and for your support.

BIG {{{HUGS}}} back at'cha!!

Glad to hear things are *lookin up* for you .... Hang in there.

Let us know if there's ANYthing we can do to help.

More {{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred & the FurKids

Karen
02-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Sending you great big hugs. What you didn't wasn't one bit selfish, it was what you needed to do to survive! And you, surviving, is important to all of us! How nice that your parents offered, and you were smart enough to take them up on the offer. Are your folks and "the girls" getting along well?

Cincy'sMom
02-03-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm so bad at knowing what to say when people are hurting, but we sure have missed you. I'm glad you have taken some time for you and are moving forward. Lots of thoughts and prayers coming your way.

gini
02-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Robin, I hope you will let us continue to reach out to you in prayer and our postings.

When these things happen in life - they blindside us and it seems that is the only thing we can think about. I know, I have been there. So please don't consider yourself selfish or self-centered for one minute. In fact, thinking about what YOU want should be uppermost in your mind.

I am relieved that you are with your parents and also that you have a job.

Big hugs to you.

slick
02-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I have just been so preoccupied with my situation and trying to take care of myself that I haven't been around for any one else. Selfish and self centered, I guess, but it is what I had to do to survive. Dear Robin: I just have to speak up about what you said here. Through my cancer episode, I have learned that no one will take care of me except me. My health is the most important thing to me right now and because of that, I don't spend as much time of Pet Talk as I would like....responding to prayers etc. Do I consider that selfish?? Absolutely not so don't you ever feel bad for staying away. When we go through a bad situation, we absolutely NEED to step back and re-evaluate our lives in order to get ourselves back on track. That's what you are doing right now and it's vital that you keep that up.

I've never been married but I have struggled through the breakup of a 13 year relationship and I know how it hurts. It leaves you feeling gutted and helpless. In my situtation there was no turning back. I pray that both you and Alden have enough love for each other weather the storm and get back together. It's good that you two are talking....baby steps, remember. Keep the communication lines open and remember that we are here for you....always.

{{{Big Hugs}}} and mega more
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

sirrahbed
02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
((((Robin)))))

Please keep taking care of yourself.

luvofallhorses
02-03-2007, 11:20 AM
I am so sorry what you're going through, Robin. :( I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up!
((((HUGS))))

k9krazee
02-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh Robin, thanks for checking in. :) I'm so sorry that things have been so bad and I hope it continues to improve for you. (((((hugs))))))

Alysser
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM
It's wonderful to hear from you. I'm glad things are going a bit better.

(((HUGS)))

Good luck and prayers still on the way,
Alyssa :)

petslover
02-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Hey Robin,

Thanks for stopping by. I am glad to hear from you. I have missed seeing pictures of your girls. I hope life gets easier for you. Just keep your head high and you'll be fine.

Kfamr
02-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Now, you quit that apologizing! You have absolutely no reason to apologize.

As you already know, I am here for you and will continue to be no matter what. I think about you constantly.

{{HUGS}} to one of my dearest friends.

dukedogsmom
02-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm just glad to hear from you. In the back of my mind I was afraid your cancer had returned. I hope you and Alden can work things out ok. I know how much that must hurt you. Avril Lavine (horrible spelling of her name) has a new song out. "Keep holding on. Just stay strong. I'm here for you." That's us at PT. Don't be a stranger here! And give Katie and Tori some hugs and belly rubs from me. Keep in touch with us.

Rachel
02-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Robin, it is so good to hear from you. Staying with your parents sounds like exactly what you needed right now. Like Pam said, a full time job can be theaputic in that you must focus on other things instead of spiraling down. Pretty soon you get to feel really good about who you are and what you can accomplish on your own. Of course I'm not in a position to know whether you and Alden should get back together, but I do know what a wonderful person you are and that you deserve to only be treated with love and dignity and respect. Your home environment should be a soft place for you to fall. Please don't accept anything other than the kind of treatment to which you are entitled. And if you ever need to hear just what a sweetheart you are, I think there are plenty of people here who will gladly opine on that topic.

kimlovescats
02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Robin, I don't know the details of what is going on in your life, but I DO know that you need not apologize for taking time away to work on them! Your PT friends are always here whenever you are ready to come back! Prayers that things get worked out for you soon!

Hugs,
Kim

Dorothy39
02-03-2007, 06:57 PM
It was so great to hear from you on Pet Talk again Robin~

You've been through sooo much and you needed to take time out ~for yourself.

{{{More HUGS}}} ~ Everything's Coming Up Roses!!!!!

wolf_Q
02-03-2007, 09:56 PM
It's so nice to hear from you Robin. Don't feel any need to apologize, we all understand. YOU are what is important to us. I'm glad you have a job and things are a bit better at your parents house. I have wanted to tell you for a while, I'm sorry if anything I've said upset you...I do mean well, but I'm absolutely horrible with know what to say to help others so if any of my pms just made things worse I'm very sorry. I think about you all the time and I wish all the best for you. You are a wonderful friend. {{hugs}}

krazyaboutkatz
02-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Robin, Thanks for checking in and as others have already said you don't need to apologize for anything. I'm glad that you're staying with your parents and that you now have a full time job. I hope that things continue to go well in your life. Just remember that we're all here for you whenever you need us. Please take care.(((HUGS)))

K9karen
02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Dearest Robin... I can't add one more sentiment. There is NO need to apologize. We are family. We care about each other and hope and pray for only the best for you. I'm learning to put myself in a #1 position in order to cope. It's hard, but you go girl. I'm so pleased you're with your parents (can't ask for more than that) and have a new job. All you can do is take on day at a time. Know that we LOVE you and will always be here for you.{HUGS} to you, Katie and Tori. Thanks for taking the time to check in.

shais_mom
02-04-2007, 12:15 AM
There isn't much I can add to this other than I totally agree with what everyone has said.
You do not need to apologize to us for anything.
While people everyday go thru break-ups no-one but YOU knows what your heart says. No hurt is the same for 2 people.
I had another card to send to you but I wasn't where to send it so I have kept ahold of it until I heard.
I wish I was closer b/c I would LOVE to give you a BIG HUG!
Sending lots of love, hugs, and PRAYERS on the way to you and the girls!
Keegan, Kloe, Kylie and I LOVE YOU!

anna_66
02-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Not much else I can say but the same...you know your always on my mind.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/HugsThanks/NewImage.jpg

Love ya girlfriend!

pitc9
02-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm glad you checked in!
You are in my prayers!

{{{BIG HUGS}}}
to you and the girls!

K9soul
02-05-2007, 09:20 AM
You've been in my thoughts and prayers constantly Robin. So glad to see you check in, I've been worried for you. Sending all my love, and lots of wags and slurpy kisses from the furkids!

ChrisH
02-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Love and heartfelt prayers winging their way, big hugs too. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/Hugs2.gif

CathyBogart
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey, it's great to see you here, and there's no need to apologize. *Hugs* and warm wishes to you...

KYS
02-05-2007, 06:19 PM
HUGS!!

captain
02-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Dearest Robin,

Not much I can add to everyone else's sentiments, other than, as I said in our chats:
I have very broad shoulders
I am always available to listen
and
Take one day at a time. It is all about YOU!

luv you
{{{huge hugs}}}
Michelle

RobiLee
02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Thanks again for all the support and kind words. I just wanted to let you know that I am back in my own home. I packed up and came home tonite. It is good to be home with my girls. Alden stayed with the dogs while I was away. Katie is sitting beside me with her head in my lap and Tori is curled up at my feet. Katie is sweet, gentle and always has a calming effect on me and Tori is her usual goofy self. I have to admit though that I had forgotten how annoying and demanding little Miss Tori is....lol. That girl always has to be the center of attention and will talk to you and paw at you until she gets what she wants. Spoiled little brat ;) :rolleyes: :p :D !

Dealing with my personal life and a new job has been extremely stressful but I'm doing a bit better and hope to continue on that path. Alden and I are taking things slow, one day at a time and no expectations.

I'm lucky that I have such great parents. Staying with them for awhile was a good thing for me. They kept me busy when I wasn't working. They let me talk and cry and help me think things through and even yelled at me when I needed to be yelled at...lol. AND...they didn't even get mad at me when I forgot to open up the garage door before backing out one morning :rolleyes: ..hehehe...can't believe I just told on myself. It was hard for me to leave that safety net.

Well, that is the latest update on me. Now that I'm home I'll have to try and get some new pictures of the girls and post some for you. I think its been awhile since Katie and Tori have been seen around here. I don't want you all to forget what gorgeous girls I have ;).

Thanks again for your support and please continue to send me some positive vibes and keep me in your prayers.

{{{HUGS}}}

Karen
02-10-2007, 12:16 AM
And did you see there's a new Robin on Pet Talk? ...

See here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=121467)

And congrats on being home with the girls. Thatagirl, Tori - distract mom!

Cinder & Smoke
02-10-2007, 12:21 AM
:)

Welcome Home!

I Didn't know you hadn't taken the FurKids with you ...
they were prolly Happie to see Mom again!

Nice of Alden to step in and Dawg Sit while you visited the Folks.

Start getting in the Mood for Findlay!

{{{Hugs}}}

/s/ Phred & the FurGang
;)

shais_mom
02-10-2007, 12:39 AM
sending you lots of hugs and lots of love Robin - you know where we are - you can call me ANYTIME!

dukedogsmom
02-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Robin, glad you checked back in with us. I didn't realise the girls weren't with you. I'll bet they were glad to see you. I hope things continue to improve for you.

Dorothy39
02-10-2007, 04:42 AM
I'm so glad you've checked back in with us Robin, and I hadn't realized that Katie and Tori were not at your Parents House along with you.

You DO have such Wonderful Parents~ :o

We're all keeping you in our Positive Prayers and we'll continue with the Support Hugs ;)

Starting Here, Starting Now, Honey, Everythings Coming Up Roses~~ :cool:

Daisy and Delilah
02-10-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm giving you every ounce of hope I've got, Robin. Your life just has to be on the right track again. I'm encouraged that you're sounding better and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for giving us an update. I was wondering how you're doing. We can never forget Katie and Tori but we would love to see some pics of those gorgeous girls any time. Hugs to all of you and some extra ones for your parents for being there when you needed them the most. PM me anytime to talk :)

Terry :)

Pam
02-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Robin I am so glad to see you back! Your visit with your parents was just what you needed although I am sure it was hard to be away from your girls. I hope that each post from you will be even better than the one before. This one sure put a smile on my face. You are strong, Robin, much more so than you realize. :) You remain in my thoughts and prayers. I would love to see any and all pictures of your girls and maybe even one of your little granddog. ;)

pitc9
02-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Oh the girls must have been Soooooo happy to see you! Just as happy as you were to see them too!

{{HUGS}} to you!

cyber-sibes
02-10-2007, 08:47 AM
((((((hugs))))) Welcome home, Robin. Katy & Tori must have gone crazy when you walked in. I know those girls missed their Mama. You're always in my prayers, Robin. Life is in Divine Order, even if it doesn't seem that way for a while. As they say, don't give up before the miracle. I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures of your beautiful girls.

joycenalex
02-10-2007, 08:52 AM
robin, i'm glad to see you're back with your furries. and about miss tori, my mojo, grey and white cat, knows the whole world is about her, and 90% her. she is my spoiled brat ;) ((hugs))

KYS
02-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I am glad you are back in the house with your fur babies.
Family support got me through my bad times too.
(LOTS OF SUPPORT!!)

Thinking of you and sending lots and lots of good wishes & HUGS.

Rocky sends special Valentine HUGS to his girl Katie. :D

Ginger's Mom
02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Lots of good thoughts and hugs are continuing to be sent your way.

wolf_Q
02-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the update Robin, I'm glad you are back home with your pups! It sounds like things are a bit better for you, I hope that continues to get better. I can't wait to see new Katie and Tori pics, I miss those beautiful girls!

anna_66
02-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I knew you couldn't have taken the girls with you to your parents and I'm happy to hear that Alden stayed with them, I'm sure they loved seeing their daddy.

I'm glad to hear that things are going better and hope they continue on that path.

Remember...I'm here for you any time and I really miss you.

(((HUGS)))

RobiLee
02-11-2007, 08:48 AM
I knew you couldn't have taken the girls with you to your parents and I'm happy to hear that Alden stayed with them, I'm sure they loved seeing their daddy.

I'm glad to hear that things are going better and hope they continue on that path.

Remember...I'm here for you any time and I really miss you.

(((HUGS)))

No, I couldn't take the girls with me. You know mom is intimidated by their size. Plus all that dog hair is not for her...lol. Also they have Miss Niki the kitty cat and although Katie is scared of her I'm sure Tori would probably give her a rough time.

In a way it was so hard to come home because I am so scared of slipping back into that very dark place and that was scarey place to be and I don't want to go back there again.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

{{{HUGS}}}